The "Ghouly" Kroot - My fluff. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

The "Ghouly" Kroot - My fluff.

Yes, the name is wierd. But then aain, so am I. Huh.

Well, I'm really bored, so i'm going to post the fluff I am making up as I go along about my Kroot Army. Here Goes.

Seargant Conrias Tucker surveyed the roughly made camp, the quickly made tents, the scorched, blistered ground, the dissheartened forms of his men, either trying to get some rest, or sitting around the camp fire, swapping tales of old times. They had been under attack for almost a month now, and it was showing in his men. Noticing a new scouting party just arrived carrying 2 men, and one limping badly and favouring his left side, Tucker called over the medical officer. "What news?" he barked as soon as the medic had helped bring the wounded into the ripped and dirty med tent. One of the scouts, a tall, gaunt man with a scraggly beard and dirty black hair snapped to attention, wincing in pain and instinctivly reaching for a freshly blood-stained bandgage wrapped around his right arm. "Sir, we made it as far as edge of the fields, and then were ambushed." He replied mechanicaly. "Well? how many did you get?" The Seargant said impatiently. "Just one sir, but we managed to bring it back this time". The man motioned to another, smaller red haired man, and he went to the edge of the clearing, and returned, dragging a limp body. Tucker motioned for both of the men to follow him into his command tent. Once inside, the body was bathed in the pale light of the servo-lamp on the Seargant's desk. All three men stared at the beaked mouth, the bony spines protruding from the head and legs, the clawed hands, and the blood smeared in ritualistic markings in various places on the corpse. The Seargant notced a large gash across the thing's right side, and a milky, grayish liquid was slowly pooling on the floor. "Damn ugly things" was the only reply from Tucker. "We manged to kill this one, and Mendez and Venrear held them off until we could escape. They were good men". "Good men indeed." was the Seargant's only reply, and he walked out of the tent, calling for the medic to examin the body. He hadn't been away for 5 minutes when he heard a cry of terror and the sound of running feet coming from the direction of the medic's tent. He sprinted towards the commotion, and coliided with the terrified medical officer, wide eyed with a bit of spittle dripping from his mouth. He gasped 2 words: "It...blinked." A look of bewilderment and fear, flashed across tucker's face, and then he was off, sprinting again towards the medics tent. He shouted for several men to follow him, and they cautiously entered the tent, lasguns drawn, teeth gritted. There lay the body, splayed across the cast iron table, with several medical instruments littering the floor. Conrias approached the corpse slowly, his hand on his laspistol. He examined the body. It had the same grayish complection, the same bony spines sprouting from it's appendages, the same bloody markings smeared all over it's body, and the same murderous looking beak. The Seargant let out the breath he had been holding, and turned to his men to tell them that it had been a false alarm, that the medic had probably had to much "to sooth his nerves" again, but he was met with the same expression the medic had been wearing. After a moment of confusion, he twirled around, just in time to see the razor sharp beak and clawed hands lunging for his throat. The last thing he saw was the malicious, milky-white eyes speeding towards him.

Well, I know it's pretty bad, but comment anyway, anything to help it improve.

Last edited by Aether-Moose; May 24th, 2006 at 06:05.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I wrote a reply to this but for some reason it hasn't come out..

It's awesome.. although the title got me humming the Addams Family themetune. Very dark and savage, just how kroot should be.

A point though, are they actually undead.. or have they just evolved some scary regenerative properties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ditto, i want to know if they are actually undead...and if they are...how? Chaos worship? Some kind of strange relic? etc...
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nasty stuff youve got there. and you play that army too?
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Lol, lol, thanks for the comments guys. No, the Kroot arn't actually undead, they have just evolved into better survivors, specifically, they got super regenerative abilities. In this story, the captive Kroot was faking death, so he could make his move later (Ghoulies have been known for their cunning).

Oh yea, BTW, Ghoulies can virtually erase all their vital signs, as this one did in the story, and make people believe they kicked the bucket. Thanks fo the possotive comments, I plan to write more of these in the near future.

EDIT: I will try to get some of my Kroot painted soon, but I have no Idea how ot base them. I'm leaning towards either snow, or a rocky, desert sort of place (Sand with sparse patches of rock over it). Any ideas would help.
    Last edited by Aether-Moose; May 25th, 2006 at 02:20.
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not give them a black/dark grey base with rocks, pebbles, dark dirt, and dead grass? Sort of like a spooky graveyard in old horror films?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

I decided on snow, and started painting. However, I am in need of some non-bluish greys, as all I have are London, Dark, and German Greys (Game Color Company). I guess they look ok, but I want to see how they look when they are actually grey-grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

OK, not so sure I want to do snow bases anymore, but whatever. I think I'll write some more fluff soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant wait man keep that stuff going. Awesome story btw.

+ Reply to Thread