so, your in the warp.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, your in the warp....

What next?! i've spent the last hour and a bit just trawling through fluff looking for anything useful.. and a few of the posts got me thinking... if anyone "non-chaos" found it's way into the warp.. well.. aside from die or mutate in some horrible way.. what could that anyone accomplish? It just seems that.. in something as big, complicated and ...warpy, as the warp.. well i'd wanna curl up and cry at the idea of actually making some kind of difference for my "side" in there..

really.... are there any big scary somebodys out there who could actually make a difference in the eye?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm... actually.... mabey we should just start with what would actually qualify as a significant event in the eye, short of it's complete destruction.. or *gasp* it consuming all of excistance?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know the EoT is a doorway to the Immaterium, and the Immaterium as i have read is kind of like "what if our minds and emotions were a world in and of themselves?" The Eye of Terror is more of a doorway for all of that to come into our world and hurt us. So if you are in there you have all the excitement of being in a door surrounded by thing that want to hurt you. The only way I know of to change the eye is to ither close it or change people as its our own darker half of ourselves thats in there coming to kill us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The eye and the warp are two different things, it's just that, as you approach the centre of the eye, it becomes more and more like the warp.

The warp is a dimension of pure, seething energy where time and space are effectively meaningless. There is no life or matter in the warp, the daemons who live there can become physical as an act of will, but don't have any body or shape.

Any being who found its way unshielded into the warp would be torn apart in seconds, either by the inhabitants who live there, or by the energy of the dimension itself

The eye is a massive warp storm.. though I'd imagine the centre of the eye is very like the warp itself, in that it's completely hostile to organic life, and any being entering it unshielded is going to die.

As for what you can actually do in the eye or the warp.. Well, I don't think there is anything. Even the Emperor never went into the eye, although it existed when he was around, so the implication is that there really isn't much you could do there as a physical being.

There's a fluff theory that when the Emperor's body finally dies his soul will be released into the warp and he'll be able to fight and possibly destroy the chaos gods as another daemon. Personally, I think that theory is a cop out myself.. The chaos gods were born from mortal emotions, and the implication is that the only way to kill them is to remove those emotions. As long as humans remain the emotional, imperfect beings they are, chaos can never be destroyed.

As for closing the eye.. That is possible, but probably not from within the eye itself.

I think in the chaos codex it talks about a group of chaos marines from Abaddon's bodyguard journeying to the centre of the eye to find the 'Heart of Chaos,' so maybe there is something important there (perhaps on the crone worlds that once formed the capital of the eldar empire deep in the eye).. it could yet be sprung on us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

As for closing the eye.. That is possible, but probably not from within the eye itself.
    I believe an inquisitor was trying to do this by replicating the cadian pylons on a different planet, but before he could finish he was declared a heretic and executed.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

I know we're talking "warp" here but the EoT was brought up. The 13th Co. SWs went into and came out of the EoT relatively unscathed.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Zed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

The EoT is basically a reaaly big warp storm. So far it's the biggest and the longest one to stick around. Warp storms very, some suspend travel through the warp to a planet. Some fill it with daemons and mutations, others just get the stuff that they surround and transfer it into the warp. The EoT is a playground for daemon pprinces and the chaos Gods where the laws of physics are more like guidelines if the daemons or warp entities bother to use them. Inside the EoT the physic constently shift. I think I remember hearing that some imperial ships can enter the EoT but I'm not sure if they could do anything about it. The chances are you'll either be mutated, killed, or have your soul tossed into the immaterium. Their's loads of fluff about mysterious artifacts that can close the warp are get it to cover the entire galaxy, but this is just something for the chaos and the imperium to fight over.

I believe an inquisitor was trying to do this by replicating the cadian pylons on a different planet, but before he could finish he was declared a heretic and executed.
    I think this was the radical inquisitor in the Eisenhorn novel.
    "DICE FOR THE DICE GOD!"

And the almighty Dice God said to his followers "Thou shalt not speak ye words "anything but a one" For thou whoever'st speaketh this blasphemy will be cursed with thy rolls being of one".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

I think the inquisitor was Quixos, but I am not sure.

The only way I know of that allows you to enter warp space and remain undetected and/or immune to daemons in the warp are inquisitor null ships that can enter the EoT and remain there undedected by presences in the warp and eldar webway portals/the black library.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's break it down to its components. What is the Warp? It is a dimension of pure emotion, no physical bodies or laws. Therefore, if you somehow get into the warp, you will be "outside" your body. The physical body cannot be inside the warp, since the warp does not understand it. The mind on the other hand can do that. Or, the body will be there, you will not be able to feel it the same way. Imagine your vision, hearing and smell cut off. All other information flows through you like water through a net. That is my idea of the warp. :shifty:
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Helbrecht
    The only way I know of that allows you to enter warp space and remain undetected and/or immune to daemons in the warp are inquisitor null ships that can enter the EoT and remain there undedected by presences in the warp and eldar webway portals/the black library.
    Even so, the nullships have a very low survival rate if they actually go into the eye. I'd imagine most of the time they just lurk around the outer areas where the warp storms aren't so intense.

And yeah, there are eldar webway portals on worlds in the Eye of Terror, so the Eldar do sometimes go there, but it's dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by kore
    I know we're talking "warp" here but the EoT was brought up. The 13th Co. SWs went into and came out of the EoT relatively unscathed.
    Yeah.. but apparently the curse of the wulfen protects them from its harmful effects, and makes them immortal.

And this is a curse you say?

Personally, while I think the 13th company are very cool, I think their fluff in this area is very rushed and knee jerk, and I don't like it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast