The Tau of A'hra - fluff for my Tau sept. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

The Tau of A'hra - fluff for my Tau sept.

Okay, here's my fluff for my Tau Sept.

The Tau of the sept A'hra is truely peoples of the sky! Living on a world consisting almost only of natural gas clouds, the Tau there have build their cities on floating platforms and high mountain peaks across the world.

The planet was discovered during the Second Phase Expansion and was investigated by the Tau. At first it didn't seem to be of much interesst, but as more deep scans were made it was discovered that there were huge quantities of natural gas in the lower parts of the atmosphere. It was decided to be settled, and the construction of the city of Av'iri'el, a huge floating platform placed at the largest collection of gasclouds, begun. As more settlers arrived, more cities and smaller platforms were built across the planet and this included the first military bases. They have not send many soldiers to join the empires conquests, but that changed when the world was attacked.

The people here lives only on mining the gases and exporting them to the rest of the empire. They had been spared the horrors of war for a long time until an incursion of a Imperial Fleet attacked the system. A force consisting mostley of airborne Storm Trooper regiments was detached to capture the world and also keep as many cities as possible intact so that the Imperium might harvest the gases (after purging the Tau machinery of course). Mankind attacked swiftly with aircraft and spaceships, knocking out their orbital stations and primary airfields before the Tau could mount a counter attack. The Imperium knew that air supperiority would be of outmost importance in this war.
    Locked behind their cities force fields, the Tau could only dig in and wait for reinforcement from the empire.

The Imperium detached most of their Storm Trooper-regiments to attacking Av'iri'el and using their Valkyries to drop in to the outskirts of the city platform and a gruesome cityfight began. The commander leading the Tau was a Fire Warrior named Shas'O *enter name here* (I havn't thougth of a name for him) and it was only becuase of his stubborn defense that the city was in the end held.
    Knowing that he could never hold of the Imperium by drawing a huge defenceline, he decided that rapid hit & run attacks could slow the Imperial advance enough to evacute most of the citizens in to the city core and prepare a last defence there. He deployed Crisis teams, hovering high in the gas clouds as no scanners could penetrate them efficiently, to ambush the Imperial forces as they moved in to the city. Fire Warrior teams mounted in Devilfishes moved swiftly across the city, harrassing Imperial Forces and small teams of Pathfinders, guiding seeker missile-strikes, did their best to slow the advance.
    But the Imperium could not be stopped that easily and it was not long before they stood before the city core, a huge defence-fortress hastly built by Earth Caste workers who had now picked up weapons and clad themselves in Fire Warrior-armour so that they also could help in the defence.

The Storm Troopers stormed the Tau lines and a fierce battle erupted. Casulties from both sides were high and slowly the Imperium gained the upper hand. At the darkest hour when all hopse seemed to be lost, scanners begun detecting Tau landers, dropped from a suddenly apearing Tau fleet, rushing to the city to help their besieged brothers! The Imperial forces pannicked and made a last attempt to storm the last of the defenders. A futile attempt and with the help of the new reinforcements the Imperial troops were pushed back and after a few days they had left the world. A'hra had been saved!

Since that war, the Tau of A'hra have increased their number of Fire Warriors and Air Caste war-pilots. They have also begun sending more troops to assist the empire in the Third Phase Expansions with Shas'O no-name leading the largest cadre from the front.

The Tau warriors is mostly Air Caste, due to the fact that the surface of the world is a wasteland of toxics and there are not that much room to train infantry, and they are much sought after by other Tau forces becuase of their excellent skills in the art of flying. But they do keep a garrison of Fire Warriors in each city in case of invasion and the battlesuits have taken to a special custom in flying out beyond the cities and bursting through the clouds of gas (altough they would probably not admit they do these "joyrides").

My inspiration for the sept came from the Cloud City on Bespin in Star Wars. I thought that if they could have this floating city then the Tau also could!
    So, what do you think?
    I know that the war-part is a bit bad and cheesy, but I think it is nescessary when doing fluff like this (it's so 40k!). Altough tips for re-construction of it is awlays welcommed!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It's generally very nice..

I'm not sure about an army of stormtroopers though.. Stormtroopers are elite troops trained in exclusive progenium academies. A guard regiment with a heavy infantry / grenadier organization would be more appropriate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct Caste

While pilots on war machines would definitely be Air Caste, you can't have Air Caste as warriors. Only Fire Caste and alien allies are warriors in Tau society. The idea of floating cities still makes sense, you just have to recognize that other Castes than Air live there.
    Good fluff, I like the Guerrilla warfare style of your main character!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    It's generally very nice..

I'm not sure about an army of stormtroopers though.. Stormtroopers are elite troops trained in exclusive progenium academies. A guard regiment with a heavy infantry / grenadier organization would be more appropriate.
    Yeah that what I meant, elite shock troopers in carapce armour (Grenadiers doctrine isn't it?).

Quote Originally Posted by twovultures_aa
    While pilots on war machines would definitely be Air Caste, you can't have Air Caste as warriors. Only Fire Caste and alien allies are warriors in Tau society. The idea of floating cities still makes sense, you just have to recognize that other Castes than Air live ther
    As far as I know I said that that the Air Caste were only pilots, but you maith have missunderstood something. Point it out for me and I shall explain what I meant.

+ Reply to Thread