2 Tech Priest Q's - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Tech Priest Q's

Two somewhat connected questions about the Adeptus Mechanicus' peronnel:

1. Are there female Tech priests?

2. Where do new Tech Priests come from?

I've never come across any examples of the first (I do realise that with all the enhancement, gender would be mostly irrelevant anyway), but can't find any reason there shouldn't be.

Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1. Yep, the mechanicus ranks are mixed gender. So its not uncommon for tech-priests to be female.
    2. Usually they come from mechanicus worlds (like inquisiorial fortress worlds only even more secret and automated), Mars, and forgeworlds. I believe some can also come from hive worlds but those would be in the minority.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I always got the impression that the Tech-Priests would be chauvinistic and misogynistic to an archaic degree. They go on and on about the purity of the machine body, I guess they always came off like a bunch of nerdy guys trying to compensate for something with foreign metal bits. Having a girl just seemed...it's like having a female car mechanic. Not impossible, certainly no reason why it shouldn't happen, but it's something you never really expect when you walk into the garage.

New Tech-Priests would be raised by the Adeptus, I believe. There isn't anything special. Age shouldn't matter, since the bionics extend your life indefinitely anyway, and as long as you've got the necessary intelligence and the will to cut off your own genitals to get a metal pelvis you're in.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by I am the Monkey King
    The Mechanicus value people based on the information they contain. For example, the Emperor is revered as the Omnissiah because he is believed to know everything there is to know (as does the Machine God). So gender should be very much an irrelevance. However, if the tech-priests believe that women are inherently stupid (as they may do because of the culture of some worlds), then they may well shun them.

Well, now, when a daddy tech-priest and a... something tech-priest love each other very much...

Sorry, couldn't resist given the two questions together :tongue:

I've always imagined they're recruited from on forge worlds, although as I don't think planetwide factories are ideal for procuring healthy specimens to serve the machine god. The AdMech do have jurisdiction over the Knight Worlds (which was the basis of their pre-Imperial empire), but as to whether these are considered different to Forge Worlds I'm not sure, as they sound similar (barren, devoted to the machine god, large machines are required for intercity travel, etc etc). I would guess the workers are given at least some spare time to get on with various biological things and the results are recruited into the service of the Machine God, and inducted into the Priesthood if they prove knowledgeable enough and/or able enough to cope with the complex rituals of the machine spirits (such as the En Djinn, which we all know can be a fickle thing).

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Two somewhat connected questions about the Adeptus Mechanicus' peronnel:

yep, altho I dont thinks we have seen any in the fluff or the pics, but as he others have said, its not about sex, its about your comprihension of knowledge

The Mechanicus recruit from who ever shows the proper ampitude for working with the whole En-Djinn, and those who can properly apiese the machiene gods. ie offer the sacred oils and say the right litianys of preperations to sooth the beast within and set forth its rage. Remember the Machanicus are EVERYWHERE where there is technology. Another one of there lesser known jobs is also looking for indivduals who have the right amount of will to mind-link with titans. altho if youread the older stuff ( IE adeptus titanticus, and codex titanticus), it would seem that the positions of pricipus are heriartical but , thats old fluff and just my personal thoughts

I've never come across any examples of the first (I do realise that with all the enhancement, gender would be mostly irrelevant anyway), but can't find any reason there shouldn't be.
    no there shouldn't be any reasion why there isnt female adepts, other then I guess GW can't get off the lazy butt's and draw one up...hummm...good idea tho....might just use that in my army...female mechaicus...
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another source of recruition to the rank of tech-priest, is the menial population of Mechanicus worlds (forge worlds etc...). They are the servant workers who have little to no enhancements, and are not part of the skitarii or servitors.

(Read the Dark Adeptus, it's a really good book, and helps explain, but read Gray Knight first, so you understand, another really good book).

And yes, there are females...not that I needed to say, everyone lese already explained....
    There i go again, ranting...
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would imagine that there are techpriests of both genders. Imagine growing up on a Forgeworld. You would be forced into labouring day and night, no matter what equipment you were born with. The ones who are most talented advance through the ranks. And for female mechanics, why is that bad? It's the way you are raised that counts. Im a (newsflas!) guy, but understand nothing in engines. Simply because i haven't had the ability to learn anything about them. If i would be raised otherwise, i would. It's all in the upbringing. But hey, i know how to set up wallpaper and redecorate rooms
    I'll go out on a wild goose chase here if you don't mind.
    *Chasing geese*

+ Reply to Thread