Veteran Scouts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Veteran Scouts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veteran Scouts

Space Marine scouts represent a Space Marine who needs to prove his battleworth to get his Power armour. Thereby going up in ranks. Then with even better service he gains access to Terminator armour. Maybe when becoming a very high ranking officer of the Space Marines a suit of Artificer armour.

But what about 'Veteran Scouts'? Scouts who have been scouts for a long time and become very good at scouting. Do they not advance in the Space Marine ranks?

Staying at the sort of 'Initiate' rank. I suppose there would be ranks of different level of Scout.

The other question. If there are different levels of Scoutyness, would the more veteran Scouts have Black Carapace?

They can have Power armour, but opt not to use it so they can creep around better. I remember reading the Black Carapace confers other benefits such as being slightly protective, able to protect from low level projecticles as well as other things. Would they have the final Marine implant even if they are remaining at the Scout rank.

Just some thoughts I had about Scouts, seeing as there are some stories of 'Expert Veteran Scouts' and whatnot. Can anyone help?

I searched 'Veteran Scouts' got nada, apologies if this has been repeated

Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x2)

Following the Codex Astartes Marines begin as Scouts and serve in the 10 th company until becoming a fully fledged Space Marine.

However not all Chapters that use Scouts follow the Codex's teachings and have a different function for their recruits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Lioness pretty much summed it up although there are some chapters who choose to differ with the use of their scouts. Black Templars usually choose to just have them be taught by older marines while Space Wolves only have those that have been "touched" by the lone wolf to be grouped together into scout packs who are all vets in one form or another.

It all differs from chapter to chapter while the majority choose to use scouts for that use until they become full fledged marines.

Oh and Dark Lioness, I'm givin you some rep for that one.
    I'll be damned before the soldiers of the Emperor are just left to rot!
    Last words of Colonel Densit from the Rahaxin 19th

"DISS NOT THE EMPEROR'S POINTED STICK, HERETIC!"

If it doesn't work with the Emperor. Then it's been officially Karmooned!!!

BEWARE THE POWER OF THE LIGHT-BRIGHT!

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Space wolf wolf scouts are veterans, so I suppose that could count.

Thats why operate behind enemy lines is such and awesome rule for them (because, as veterans they get access to things like power weapons as squad option).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever wolf scouts operate behind enemy lines they steal away the hearts of the enemies' women.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in a WD artcile about scouts is stated that it is led by THE MOST veteran marines in the chapter, since it's survival depends on it. it sttes that these marine shave elevated almost beyond the normal ranks.

i personaly think that veteran scouts, are real space marines but have chosen to do of there power armour for scout missions to train and lead the scouts in the field, and monitor there actions in the thick of the fight to see of the scout is ready.

this also make sence since scout vets have can choose from anything from the armoury, including things like iron halo's, it would seem farfatched to give it to a scout vet but it can! and if the vet is just a good scout he needs to be rEALLY good and most certainly first be promoted to battle brother then to receive such a pestigious award.

i personally think it makes sence but hell that's just me.

hope it helps
    "Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and terrifying to know"

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x2)

It's worth noting that The Mantis Warriors were also noted as having a unique unit known as a 'Tranquillity Sniper Squad'. They were on a Penitent Crusade for their part in the Badab Uprising and amongst other issues faced they were banned from recruiting.

It’s possibly they may have no ordinary scouts left at this point.

However it's also possible the Crusade is now over.

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lioness
    It's worth noting that The Mantis Warriors were also noted as having a unique unit known as a 'Tranquillity Sniper Squad'. They were on a Penitent Crusade for their part in the Badab Uprising and amongst other issues faced they were banned from recruiting.

It’s possibly they may have no ordinary scouts left at this point.

However it's also possible the Crusade is now over.
    I posted this in the Lamentors post but sence you mentioned it here I thought it would be approperate to post it here also :

After the Inquisiton censured the Relictors for the actions of Inquisitor De Marche, the Chapter lost its feudal rights to Torva Minoris, which meant they could no longer recruit from amongst its feral tribes. The Relictors were forced to gather potential acolytes from amongst the populations they encountered during their penitent crusade. The Inquisiton has ruled that no Aduptus Astartes Chapter may recruit from Torva Minoris, and it is believed the Ordo Malleus keeps a close watch on the world to ensure its ruling is adhered to. The superstitious natives of Torva Minoris now believe the God-Emperor has forsaken them, and every year their ceremonies of abasement grow more extreme in their attempts to atone for whatever fault has caused the emissaries of the Emperor to turn from them.

so it would seem to me that a chapter can recruite while on a penitent crusade unless they where the exception to the rule....
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

+ Reply to Thread