Fort Tenacity - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fort Tenacity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fort Tenacity

This is what I hope to be just the beginning of a little mini-series I wanna have called "Fort Tenacity". It is a fictional fort that is the first defended by the fictional 616th (known for bad luck). I hope this doesn't get lost in the many topics on this board...

Chapter 1: Beginnings

Sergeant Morrow finished with a sly wink and a calm smile. It was somehow very soothing to Corporal Michael Curby, and he was glad it was. Telling by the speech, this fight would be one hell of a battle, he didn't believe he would even hold out for the night. He marched out with the other guardsman to the trenches, the muddy lines he had so despised. Yet he believed they had to come in handy somehow, especially in war. He hoped it would help to save his sorry ass.

Curby sat down and put down his things, just trying to relax and enjoy the sunshine. He looked around to see a disgruntled Morrow looking through his binoculars. Curby hadn't known Morrow for long, but he knew he bonded with him. Throughout all the training and strenuous tasks, he knew he could always count on Vic. All for the better too, as he was the officer for his squad, and he hoped to keep it that way. Maybe his tough leadership could keep the boys alive, Curby knew it probably would.

"Sarge says there's an awful storm comin' in." said Dewey with a smirk.

"Well, I was just bout to say how could this get any worse, and here you come in saying that kind of crap!" Curby replied. Dewey could almost always be the bearer of bad news. That is, Private First Class Dewey Saunders. Another good friend of Curby's, only he had known him for what it seemed like to be ages. They had been good childhood friends, and he always found a soft spot for Dewey. Luckily they were put into the same squad, and he could stick it out with Dewey no matter how far it went.

"So, what do you think we are gonna do next, you ready to fight the whole Chaos legion?!" Dewey asked. He always loved to see combat, and honestly, Curby couldn't wait either. "I hadn't fired my lasgun the whole damned time with the exception of training. I wanted to gun down some traitors or even get a lucky pot shot on a marine!" Curby thought to himself.

"How bout I give you an answer later?" Curby said to him. "I need some time to think about it."

Curby looked around the line as far as he could see. There were ranks upon ranks of other men. Rumbling forwards were masses of tanks, hellhounds, and chimeras. Tonight he would fight for the Emperor. For this was what the guard were for, they are the hammer of the Emperor.

Last edited by flakdragon; June 25th, 2006 at 21:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking good to me so for.
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chapter 2 here....

Chapter 2: Simulations

The tank turned to face the chaos marine at its flank. A machine gunner came out to shoot it down before it could do anything harmful. A predator loomed out of the shadows ready to destroy the Leman Russ at its frontal armor. The battlecannon moved to align with its target and shot a projectile into the area between the top of the tank and its main hull, blowing it open. The tank exploded immediately afterward, sending crew high up in the air to crash down in a nice crack of armor on a hard surface.

“Nice shot Bull! These basterds will never get past this Russ!” John “Littlejohn” Braddock yelled up to Bull. That was his nickname of course, known for crazy attempts having to do with charging tanks and vehicles into anything he could get his beady blue eyes on. Braddock had been used to the numerous collisions that Bull had caused, but whenever they got a new crewmen they would never tolerate his damned actions in the heat of battle.

The environment vanished and Littlejohn found himself back at the training grounds. The training and experience offered by the virtual battle programs was priceless. Littlejohn practically was one with his tank in body, mind, and soul. He had even named it “Traitor Trampler”. It might as well been his closest friend, with the exception of his crew.

George Nelson was the main gunner for the cannon. He was a well rounded young buck who had never seen combat. He was good though, highly accurate, and he knew exactly where any vehicle's weakness was. He had studied up on it every night, memorizing every location by heart. He was ready for just about everything.

Billy “Caje” Lemay was the lascannon gunner. He didn't know nearly as much as Billy, but he was still good. He was a fast gunner, able to gun down a few tanks in a relatively short time. His speed could always come in handy when being outnumbered in the field. When he could shoot, he could shoot!

Then there was Bull, he was the copilot for the tank, always at Littlejohn's side. The rest of the crew were nameless redshirts, hardly ready for anything, nothing too special about them, they were there to protect the flanks with their Heavy Bolters. You had to trust them and vice-versa.

“Boys, you are going to prepare for combat! For some of you, this may be your first time, and this should be an easy one for you! Chaos forces are expected to be planning an attack on Fort Tenacity, and they need all the defenses they can get. You will be going to Medusa V, so you will be aiding the effort to establish a base of operation there as well. This should be a pushover! Go get out there and show them who's boss!” The commander yelled. We could finally take part in something important. Medusa V was a bomb waiting to go off. We were ready to set it off ourselves.
    Last edited by flakdragon; June 27th, 2006 at 21:34.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Hmmm... They are good stories, but your going to have to tweak it a bit if you want it more believable.

1st: No guardsmen even know that traitor marines exsist, except in stories. 99% of those that have fought them have been mind wiped or "cleansed" by the Inquisition and higher ups to prevent any possible taint coming. To make it believable have them going against "the forces of chaos" which are, a bunch of everyday traitors. They could not know, and wouldn't know that they are going up agianst marines. Crazed chaos cultists are what 99% of guardsmen fight against when they fight against chaos. And there is NO way they would see a chaos marine in a training vid.

2nd: Why are they being sent to Medusa V specifically to fight chaos? Every enemy of the Imperium is going to be there, why would guard (with a few battle virgins) go up against mankinds worst, most feared enemy? Unless they are simply going to stall the chaos advance, to be thrown under it's tracks so to speak... Either the higher ups are planning to "stall" the forces or your guardsmen are being sent with a much much larger force, (most likely along with some loyalist marines) to help fight the chaos forces. And again, the "forces of chaos" they would have no idea if they are going to meet a traitor marine, or even know that one exsists.

You can have them encounter marines when they get to Medusa V, thats fine, but remember, most guardsmen would soil their pants at the sight...
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I refer to traitors, I mean chaos too, so he does say he wants to kill traitors or chaos, whatever it may be. You will have to watch as the story goes on, I think I am spoiling it now because of this. They are defending a fort, simple as that, they just have heard some rumors of scout reports indicating such a force mounting an offensive on the fort, so it isn't true as of yet.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

That's perfectly fine, but you specifically mention chaos marines in your story. That's where most of your fluff discrepancies stem from. The rest is just background info that needs to be beefed up.
    -Charles Manson

Super Villians
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only mentioned marines once. Anywho, chapter 3...

Chapter 3: Holding the Line

His golden blond hair blew into the wind. He gazed out into the horizon from atop the Fortress. Moments like this were priceless in the Imperium for Sergeant Vic Morrow. He was trained to be an Officer just due to the fact that he had had an education, somehow stuck into his life among the many happenings. That was the only thing that separated him and his men, schooling. Other than that, they wore the same clothing, maintained the same equipment, and were all just men, doing their duty for the Emperor.

Scouting forces had led the garrison force guarding the Fort to believe some form of Black Legion scum were headed their way. Only time would tell whether they would attack at all, or if they would even be the attackers. Morrow believed you just had to live each day to the best, because there would most likely be no tommorrow in an era of constant wartime. He had seen horrible atrocities, inflicted by all sorts of things. He had been extremely lucky to have survived it all, each and every one. Ironically, he was called to be heroic on many occasions, and had performed his task to the fullest often.

Now it was just to keep his boys from running from the enemy. Some of them who had gotten to know him long enough had shared an internal bond with him at this point, but there were always replacements. Men died at the lines every day, and Morrow had learned to shake it off by now, but still was disturbed by the countless men he had met and the witness of their countless deaths.

Morrow was to be always ready for an assault on the location. It was claimed to be "critical" to the secured landing zone of more forces to come. Why they assigned a Guard force to defend such an important place was without him. Surely the great Marines could serve such a task, they were better trained, stronger, aided with better weaponry, and so on. Or at least what he had seen of them. If it was any consolation, he had heard they would be aided by millions of tanks, and many more men as well. It was nice to know he would never be alone in this fight. He was sure they would need all they had to hold back a force so grand as only a regiment of chaos, let alone possible hundreds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I some how doubt the whole of the Cadian 8th, Userker Creed an staff plus the rest of the Imperial Legions would be mind wiped.

Any way nice story keep it comming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It's pretty good.. although as number of the beast said, take out the chaos marines. The guardsmen would have no idea that such things exist.. except the occasional horrible rumours spread by the horrifically mutilated survivors of dead regiments.

Are you aware that 616 is the real number of the beast? 666 is actually a mistranslation. Nice coincidence that you picked 616 as your regiment number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Are you aware that 616 is the real number of the beast? 666 is actually a mistranslation. Nice coincidence that you picked 616 as your regiment number.
    Blashpemy! I squish you mantis/frog thing! Or at least challange you to a chaos vs. chaos 1850 RTT style match so we might settle this...

Oh, and Dragon, I said most cases. And the only reason they weren't killed/mind-wiped is because they are specifically trained to fight chaos around the eye. And second, because such a high ranking official was there. They do however get frequent tests for corruption. And they are still far from perfect. The average guardsmen who fights chaos doesn't have a happy future even if he survives. As mind-wiping more often than not damages or erases parts of the brain such as personality or memories not relating to the incident. or all emmeories period... Imperial mind-wiping tech is far from perfect.

P.S. Please don't bring back a thread after over half a month unless you have some more than 2 lines of stuff to contribute. No offense, I'm not trying to sound rude or mean, but we generally frown upon bringing back old posts.
    Last edited by numberofthebeastxxx; July 16th, 2006 at 01:33.
    -Charles Manson

Super Villians
    Votewar! Check It Out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast