Blood Reavers - A World Eaters Sect - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Blood Reavers - A World Eaters Sect

As with most armies who worship the Blood God Khorne, the Blood Reavers rampage across the battle field, risking certain death just to draw some more blood in his almighty name. After many years of battle their armour has become a darker shade of red compared to that of their brethren, this is a result of their bloodlust, the. The bloodlust as it is known is a ritual that the Blood Reavers do after each battle. They would walk the battlefield and for every corpse they find, they would wipe some of its blood over their armour, thus marking another kill. The blood hardens and thickens over time giving the berserker armour a darker shade.

The leader of the Reavers, Krull, rose to the height of a Chaos Lord by what could be considered an almost unbelievable act of bravery and sacrifice. During a raid on an ice covered plain, a Necron army descended onto the planet surface and Krulls squad, along with a few others, were told to go deal with them. After a few hours of fighting, Krull and his squad ran out of enemies to slaughter until they seen the Nightbringer. Krull did not fear the star god and in fact, called for it. The fight raged on and Krulls men slowly fell to the power of the C'tan but with one last thrust of his power fist, he struck the C'tan down, defeating it. Unluckily however, the Necrodermis breached and Krull was caught off guard. During what could only be described as an out of body experience, Krull saw the true extent of his own lust for blood and battle. A daemon showed Krull what he could be if he would allow the daemon to possess him. Krull eventually agreed to allow the daemon to possess his body. When Krull awoke, he was no longer a mere champion aspiring for glory, but had rose to the rank of Lieutenant. One thing that shocked him was the clear increase in his power. He old power armour had become encased in a layer of daemonic armour that resembled that of a Grey Knight Grand Master. Krull went mad at the sight but the daemon spoke to him, “Do not worry, the armour you are wearing is in spite of the Grey Knights and all they stand for. Just watch…? The armour turned a dark shade of red, symbolising the final desecration.

Since his possession, Krull has fought many battles, taking many heads in the process. During a mission to eradicate a Grey Knight outpost, Krull challenged his own Chaos Lord, believing he was not worthy of title. The two battled right there and then, the mission no longer a matter. The Lord aimed the Ether Lance in Krulls direction and a powerful flame erupted from the top, covering Krull in a hot coat of energy. Krull brushed of the flame and charged forward, his power fist trailing behind him. When he got close enough, he threw his fist forward, ramming it deep into the chest of the Lord. Krull stared deep into the eyes of the Lord and watched as the power fist emitted a powerful shockwave. The body of the Lord exploded, spreading blood all over the surrounding areas. Smouldering chunks of flesh emitted smoke as it lay twitching around the small battle area. Krull picked up the Ether Lance and raised it above his head. With a loud roar he called for the slaughter of the grey knights.

Krulls subordinate Gojira was appointed during that very battle. Krull entered a room of the outpost and was attacked by a group of Grey Knight terminators. He managed to take down several of them, but the numbers began to take their toll. It was then Gojira burst in. Gojira took a few of the Grey Knights down, enough to get to Krull. The pair stood back to back and after some furious fighting, they managed to cleave the head from the Grand Master. After the battle, Gojira pleaded to Krull to have a daemon possess him and eventually, a daemon did exactly that.

From that battle onwards, the elite of the Reavers offered themselves to the daemonic spirits of Khorne, resulting in a vast number of the Reavers becoming possessed. This explains the large number of possessed marines in the Reavers forces...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru
    Krull and his squad ran out of enemies to slaughter until they seen the Nightbringer. Krull did not fear the star god and in fact, called for it. The fight raged on and Krulls men slowly fell to the power of the C'tan but with one last thrust of his power fist, he struck the C'tan down, defeating it.
    Dude, why name him krull? call him MarySue :w00t:
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Krull was created after a battle i had with my friend. He did take down a Nightbringer lol

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu
    Dude, why name him krull? call him MarySue :w00t:
    What has this got to do with anything?

Anyway I quite liked the background pretty cool. The grey knight armour thing was a little wierd. Can I hazzard that you use a Grey Knight model for your Chaos Lord hence the somewhat ecentric additioon to the background?
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Good fluff. I especially like that you are using events that have occured during your gaming to create your background. An idea would be to paint a special banner to represent the banner of rage. On this banner you could have images depicting Krull's rise to power. Things such as dead Grey knights or the Nightbringer transfixed by Krull's powerfist. Another possibility is a stylised version of the demon that possessed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Berny Mac
    What has this got to do with anything?
    Mary Sue is a term for a character who presented as unbelievably good, cool, powerful or otherwise special.

I must agree, there's a hint of that in here. I mean, a khorne aspiring champion takes out the nightbringer? Possible in game perhaps.. but damn.. Now I'm not the biggest fan of the overpowered spin necron players tend to put on the C'tan fluff. But come on, they are gods. They deserve a little more than to be layed out by a basic powerfist.

They also take down grey knights on at least a one to one basis, which is also wierd to my ears, though others might not have a problem with. Grey knights are hard.. Grey knights are very, very hard. Grey knight terminators fight greater daemons and sometimes win.

I agree with Berny Mac in that the grey knight armour thing is bizarre.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; June 28th, 2006 at 16:57.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You know it is possible it could be said that Krull's own armour was smashed by the Nightbringer and he killed a Grey knight and took it as a trophy. I would say you should beef up the C'tan-Worldeater battle. Include things like the C'tan killed a pair of Bloodthirsters in single combat, gorging himself on thier souls.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Rofles, or, if you are feeling particularly egotistic about Krull, yuo could say he was possessed by a Daemon Like An'Grath the Unbound or something. I dunno, I'm just ranting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

+ Reply to Thread