Warp entities - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warp entities

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warp entities

i know when you hear Warp entities you think Daemons, but i always wondered, do all warp entities count as Daemons or daemon gods?

"A souls screams are merely their cries of thanks to the Chaos
    Gods!" -Brigand

"Horus was weak. Horus was a fool. He had the whole galaxy within his grasp and he let it slip away!" -Abbadon The Despoiler

The Kroot: You are what you eat.
    Tyranids: YOU are what WE eat.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Actually, you're on to something, I think.

The eldar gods were warp entities, which is why the Avatar counts as a daemon. They weren't 'chaos' in the true sense though, so you could argue they weren't daemonic. They were more like weapons consciously created by the eldar in the same way they are trying to create a new god from the infinity matrix. At least, that's what I heard.. I'm a little rusty on the official fluff here.

Also enslavers spend part of their life cycle in the warp.. then they possess a psyker and build their physical body from its flesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

It's a little fuzzy about the Eldar Gods. Either they were the Old Ones (which doesn't match up with the timeline...) or they were some sort of Warp entities created by the mass-presence of all Eldar minds in the Warp.
    I belive GW never have said anything official about it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

The way I've taken it, from various places (not all official) is more or less the way Mantis said it; Eldanesh and Ulthanesh, under the tutelage of the Old Ones, brought the Eldar gods out of the Warp to be sentient weapons in the "War in Heaven" against the Ygnir, or C'tan. Granted when the Eldar gods were first envisioned the C'tan didn't exist in their current form, but that's what the official fluff has been twisted to be by GW (that it wasn't a slugging match between Isha & Kurnos and Khaine, but all of them against the Ygnir). I think after the Old Ones disappeared the Eldar lost their understanding of what these weapons were, and worshipped them as gods.

+ Reply to Thread