Why the Keeper of secret - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Why the Keeper of secret

Why is the Slaanesh's daemon prince is the Keeper of secrets ? What does the name have to do with excess and extrem pleasure, hardcore s** and latex, drug and rock and roll, matrix style fighting ?

The more I read about slaanesh, the more I like him, the less I understand the name of his greater daemon. I would have named him Rocco Siffredi or Jim Morisson (maybe rocco morisson ?). Why not the Sensual Dislocator ?

P.S. : If you don't understand the allusion to Rocco Siffredi nor to Jim Morisson, your life must be great.

MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Fluff question punted.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

I would assume it is named so because it knows the Secret Desires of every living thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Well, you must remember that Slannesh's actual title isn't 'the god of sex, drugs and rock and roll', it's 'the prince of excess.'

Slannesh was born from the eldar. This wasn't just because the eldar had massive orgies, it's because they are, by nature, obsessive beings. They tend to indulge in their particular passions so much that they get lost in them. Just look at exarches. They become so obsessed with fighting they get stuck perpetually in combat mode and can never do anything else.

The keeper of secrets, as has been said, knows the secret desires of every being. It sees their obsessions and desires and uses these against them. It's not just a combat monster, it's also a master manipulator. Hence its name.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; July 7th, 2006 at 20:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

teh keeper of secrets can hear every thought every word spoken, every wish every dream..... well you get the picture, in reality so therefore it is called a keeper of secrets because it knows everything
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Also, he's really trust worthy, and if you need some advice, you can always tell him.... her.. it.. and you'll feel safe that he, she , it will protect your secret.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or use it against you in some nefarious scheme lol
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy: It's a secret.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

I heard that hes goalkeeping for the french under the name Keeper of secrets

The Keeper of secrets is more of a "deceiver" then a front line fighter and likes doing things like telling commanders there going to die befor a battle
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Personally, I think the name is either a case of mistaken identity or a deliberate joke at the expense of the Keeper. If you've seen the Forgeworld Keeper of Secrets, you'll know that it actually appears to be of the female persuasion, and as such it is of course chronically incapable of ever keeping a secret, let alone one involving anyone's deepest and darkest desires. :shifty:

I believe the only secret the Keeper of Secret has ever been known to keep, and at that keep so well that no male has ever been able to figure it out, is the correct answer to the question of '...do you think these chains make me look fat? Be honest now.' It has even been rumoured that there is in fact no correct answer to that particular question or any variety thereof, yet the Keepers of Secrets remain unrelenting. Of course, to provide the wrong answer is to discover why Slaanesh is also the god of pain.

No wonder the chosen Legion of Slaanesh, the Emperor's Children, have turned into a bunch of drug addicts after working alongside the Keepers for all that time - not to mention those five days of the month when even the Greater Daemons of Khorne are careful to speak politely, bring home flowers, and remember to leave down the toilet seat lest they invoke the wrath of a Keeper and risk being sent home minus a few essential body parts. :shifty:

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast