40k Cars? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 40k Cars?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

40k Cars?

In 40k, do they still have cars? And in hive cities, would the lower and/or middle classes have any other transportation method than walking? Also if they did have cars would they be like today's?

I know this may not be talked about anywhere, but this thought occured to me and I am simply curious.

"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

i would think they would have cars, or some wheeled equivalent, but then again, since the imperium is technologocally backwards, i would imagine that they would be very crude versions of the modern day car. also they would only be a rare luxary for the upper middle to high class members of the society. also, in more dense pacted areas such as hive cities, i imagine they would more likely use some sort of public train like transportation to get around. of course, however, the common man would have to walk.

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by grand master
    In 40k, do they still have cars? And in hive cities, would the lower and/or middle classes have any other transportation method than walking? Also if they did have cars would they be like today's?

I know this may not be talked about anywhere, but this thought occured to me and I am simply curious.
    Read the SpaceWolf book where Ragnar is on earth, I think its called WolfGuard ( not shure on that one) but it describes exactually what you are looking for when he is on Holy Terra , and its a good read also IMO:shifty:
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In Eisenhorn(sp?) when he is on the ice planet they talk about land speeder type cars for the arbites, there could be the same type of vehicle for civilians. I think it would vary, like almost everything in the Imperium, by planet to planet.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

It would seem they do have cars...that look like they're from the 70's. You can see this on the back of the Chaos codex (with the Iron Warriors invasion). It is buried under the rubble. At least, that is the GW hobby team's take on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

It varies from world to world, but civilian anti-grav transport is readily available. Eisenhorn shows people riding land speeders (not the Marine kind, more toned-down) all over the place. In practice, they're just hover-cars. Of course, some worlds with lower technology levels would have to used land automobiles, or even horses.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

I have read several Black Library books which detail cars in 40K. As well as the aforementioned Eisenhorn Trilogy, Ravenor describes 40k cars in several places. Some of the Gaunt's Ghosts novels have chapters detailing rides in 40K wheeled transport vehicles, as does one of the necromunda novels (Survival Instinct).

I think forms of transport would vary massively from culture to culture. It would depend on alot of things; including technology base, social norms, available materials, planetary terrain, the list goes on.

Cheers,
    Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

If I recall, the old 'Genestealer Cult' list allowed its leaders to travel around in limousines (and there were suggestions for modding model cars to represent them...)

Regards,
    andrewthotep

+ Reply to Thread