The Chosen of Abaddon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Chosen of Abaddon

Most of us have read the short story detailing the four chosen of abaddon at the fron of the Chaos codex. I was just wondering, how do you think that these madman are equiped? I know some people are interested in including atleast one of these guys in their own chosen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

If it dosent say how do you think anyone will know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

this will probably be moved pretty quickly to the fluff section, if that. but until then:

crusade,please be nicer. If not, then I beseech you to at least be polite.
    If I'm misreading or misinterpreting your post or your tone, then I apologize.

There's a chance that there is some book, or fluff out there from a white dwarf, or story that describes them and their wargear. I'm not a fluff-buff so I couldn't say.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Looks like one from each chaos power does it not?
    There's definitely a Tzeentchy sorceror in there, and a nurgle boyo.
    I don't have my chaos codex on me so I can not say for definite my homey bro.

I think it's a cool question, although mixed marked units are impossible, they could all have their own squad - it is possible with some crafy use of elites.

The weakest thing about them gameplay wise would probaby be abaddon himself. ho hoho, how ironic.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

If you look at the picture on page 11, you can guess what they are using

I would guess the biggest one use a terminator armour and maybe a daemon weapon

The position of the guy with four eyes semme to show that he would use a bolter. If he is the sorcerer one (read the text on page 10), he would use a psychic power.

The one with the single horn is probably tooled for close combat as he wear a shield

The ugliest one, I dont know, but since he seems to be nurglish, i would suggest he would use a bolter.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it gives a little description of each's armanent, though the four-eyed one (Ygethmor, actually,) doesn't seem to have a weapon that's mentioned.

For the first: "a long, curving sword gripped in both hands". This says to me either great weapon, power weapon, or daemon weapon. Since he's so big, I'd guess he also has either stature or a series of buffs, like strength toughness and essence. The bit about him becoming invincible after drinking the elixer could be demonic aura along with toughness and essence.

All we know about Ygethmor is that he's a powerful sorceror, though I don't know if he's a Tzeenite.

The third has archic armor (daemon armor?) and a long glaive. The glaive screams berserker glaive to me.

The last, the Nurglite, has a "dripping, yellowed sword" Sounds like a plauge sword.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: Are you wounded?
    Clouseau: No. Fortunately I was saved by the darkness.
    Chief Inspector Dreyfus: So what we need is more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

yeah yeah yeah, Just like that.

It's stretching it, but long curved sword is kind of slaaneshi right?
    And there's the whole Abaddon is the big cheese of the 4 powers, so that would make sense.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellum_Gerreo
    All we know about Ygethmor is that he's a powerful sorceror, though I don't know if he's a Tzeenite.
    I'm quite certain that Ygethmor is not devoted to any Chaos Power. He's the featured bad guy in the Medusa V campaign, and typically they'll mention if a character follows a Chaos Power or not.

Evidence.

I once saw a model converted to be Devram Korda (the guy with the single big horn) who was made out to be Slaaneshi. The creator of the model used Combat Drugs to represent the vials of elixer that he distills from his victims. Would also make sense if the Emperor's Children attacked his world, if he was a Slaaneshi follower not of their Legion.

Anyways, punted to fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I'd imagine they are likely each the equivallent of chaos lords, and tooled up chaos lords at that.

Being black legion, they may well use terminator armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Would also make sense if the Emperor's Children attacked his world, if he was a Slaaneshi follower not of their Legion.
    I think it would make sense if the Emperor's Children attacked anyone. They're obscene freaks who get turned on by combat and love torturing slaves to death.

But I'm not sure how their god will react to them killing other champions of his. We all know how it turned out for poor Cyrius when he tried that trick on Lucius the Eternal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm quite certain that Ygethmor is not devoted to any Chaos Power. He's the featured bad guy in the Medusa V campaign, and typically they'll mention if a character follows a Chaos Power or not.
    While the evidence is there, it never explicitly says he's not aligned with one of the big 4. In addition, it stands to reason that if there’s a khorne guy (arcane armor and glaive), a nurgle guy (obvious), and a slanneshi guy (devram korda), then the fourth would be tzeencian.

Having said that, I'm gonna take a stab at their wargear (though this is 100% speculation and inference, no hard evidence has been found to back up the following)

Also, I'm not sure about points as I am lacking my codex at the moment. Will edit post to be point-compliant when I get home.

Devram Korda: Stature, essence, aura, combat drugs, resilience, strength, demon weapon (darkblade perhaps?)

Ygethmor: Bolter with inferno bolts, familiar, bolt of change, and one other psychic power, probably demonic aura and possible demonic essence.

Khorne chosen (unnamed): Demonic Armor, Berserker Glaive, Feel no Pain, Collar of Khorne, Rage of Khorne, and I'd give him either strength, mutation, or resilience. Tow of the three if I had the points.

Nurgle chosen (unnamed): Plague Sword, Nurgle's rot, other Nurgle-ly things (will edit more later)

Obviously each chosen also has the mark of their patron god. Just as obvious, in real armies, these guys would never work together due to the ancient enemies rule. However, such is the power of the Despoiler that he can get these four lords of chaos to work together to further his goal of the ultimate destruction of the empire.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast