Outpost Omega: The Realisation - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outpost Omega: The Realisation(Inquisitor Fluff)

Ok this is the first part in a 2, maybe 3 part series, I am currently working on part 2 at the moment, hope you enjoy.

Broken, dismayed, with their minds racked, the men of Kekoa came back from their latest mission. Each on carrying a face of distraught, and out right shell shock. This had been the 5th time this week to be called out to assist Outpost Omega, too much for any guard unit. They finally got some R&R, whatever little it was. SSgt Ahi was walking towards his bunker, tired, worn out, and scared ****less. The horrors he had seen was beyond bearable for any normal human being. Everyone was ordered by Captain Kapena to get some rest and use up the R&R to talk to the local shrink.

Ahi made it to his bunk and just collapsed on his bed and fell asleep. …Sir! Sir! What do we do? Sir! We’re under fire Sir! Orders Sir?!?… Oh God-Emperor what is that!… FIRE! Give it everything!… Run!…

“RUN! RUN! RUN!” Ahi woke up screaming. He looked around the barracks to see the other troopers staring at him. His eyes were wide open with sweat trickling down his face. Cpl. Kalea spoke up, “You fine sir?” with her eyes studying her Sergeant’s face. Ahi stared straight at her and a mark started to materialize on her forehead and he just jumped up and ran out the barracks screaming.

Kalea and a few other troopers grabbed some lamp-packs and went after him, but God-Emperor was he running fast. Suddenly he tripped and fell, and then he pulled out a las-pistol and pointed it at the oncoming lights. As they got closer he squeezed on the trigger little by little until Zap! The shot went wide but he was already sending 2 more shots back at the lights. All the troopers drop and hit the deck; one was hit in the leg and fell screaming. Kalea threw her lamp-pack at Ahi, which hit him on the gun, making it fly back.

Ahi scrambled around for his pistol but Kalea jumped and landed on his back, pinning him to the ground. Ahi struggled and got a hand free, and punched Kalea straight in the chest, making her double over. The other Guardsmen got over there and tackled him to the ground pinning him down. By then, the rest of the barracks awoke with activity and a few men came out with las-guns.

Ahi was struggling and squirming around and the men were having a hard time holding him down. A man walked over to the Sgt, and Ahi looked straight at this man, although he could on see his silhouette. The man stuck his hand out and made a small chant and Ahi was knocked out cold. Then the man spoke, “Please take the dear Sergeant to my quarters and send 2 doctors there too.”

Ahi woke up in the middle of Outpost Omega with the crew working to get the wall guns back online. He was confused, were they called back here and he was knocked out? He went over to the nearest person and tapped him on the shoulder, but his fingers went straight through the person.

“So, this is where it happened” Came a voice from behind.

Ahi jumped around, “Who’s there?”

“The scars are still here, on the outpost, and in your mind.”

Ahi jumped again, “WHO THE HELL IS THERE!!”

“You know, it is expected for you not to have the fortitude to withstand the effects of their power,” Ahi jumped around and there stood a man in a hooded black robe.

Soon the area around them turned into a field with lush green grass and a clear blue sky. Off in the distance was Ahi’s hometown, he looked at it and said, “What kind of tricks is this?”

“The memories of your home world and hometown are really strong, aren’t they”

Then the scenery changed once more, the ground scorched, the sky red filled with smoke, the town ablaze. Ahi, scared, yelled out, he fell to the ground.

He looked up into a bright light and 2 doctors standing over him with clipboards making notes. He was lying down, in a cot in quite a luxurious room. It was an officer’s quarter; on the walls were maps of Medusa and the surrounding area of Geryon Base. On the far side of the room was a desk littered with papers and data-slate and on the floor was double the amount. Around him were the 2 doctors and an assortment of medical machines and machines he had never seen before.

The doctors started to remove some of the clamps and wires connected to his skull and took off some of the life support. Ahi was quite dazed as he looked around the room, he could hear the beep of the machines around him and could hear some chatter outside the room’s door. It seemed that Kapena and someone else was having a heated argument and the anger could he heard by the level of decibels the voices were achieving.

”…Fine you can have him now, but go easy, he is my best sergeant!” yelled Kapena as the door opened and a man stepped in. He closed the door slowly behind him and the 2 doctors walked over to him. They were talking too softly for Ahi to hear but he started to sit up. As he neared a full L position, his muscles gave out and he fell back into the cot. The 3 men did not seem to notice him moving and he just drifted back to sleep.

Ahi woke again to the man sitting next to him in the chair looking over a data-slate, with a pair of glasses on.

“Where am I?”

This man was quite aged, looking to be in his late 40’s early 50’s; he had dark-brown hair, with a scar going down the right side of his face. His right had been an augmented arm and his left was a pale skinned. He was dressed in a black-issued pants and a gray coat. His face was one of that had seen many a battle in his time and seen many a horror. Ahi looked to the desk to see a servitor cleaning up the mess.

The servitor walked over to the man to hand him something but dropped it in the process. Ahi looked at is and it was an Inquisitorial Rosette. Ahi looked stunned for a moment, fear creeping back. He had a quick flash of the robed man sitting in the inquisitors place and started to tremble. The Inquisitor saw this and quickly grabbed Ahi by the head and looked straight into his eyes chanting some words and then Ahi was out again.

This time it seemed that Ahi was woken again, but not by the image of the robed man, but by the sudden image of the inquisitor in his dreams. He looked around the room and found it completely empty. He saw that some clothes were on the desk and he went over and put them on. Under the clothes was a data-slate with a message from the good Captain. It said that Ahi should take another week of leave and report back afterwards.

He walked over to the on base bar. As he walked in the door a few people looked at him and started whispering. He walked over to the bar and ordered a drink, which the bartender was kind of hesitant in giving him. Ahi noticed the bartender’s leg was dressed in gauss and asked what happened. The bartender made a nervous chuckle, handed Ahi his drink, and went in the back. Ahi wondered what was up with him and just started to drink.

As he was half finished with his drink when he heard boots hit the floor at the entrance of the bar. Everyone in the bar snapped to attention and Ahi turned to loom to see who it was. It was the inquisitor from back at the officer’s quarter.

Ahi jumped up from his bar stool and gave the inquisitor a quick salute. “At ease men, at ease”. He walked across the room over to Ahi, clad in full inquisitorial robes and his rosette proudly swinging from his neck. His boots making a thud on each step, a gloriously master-crafted plasma pistol strapped along his pant legs encased in engraved gold.

He ordered what Ahi was drinking and had a seat right next to him. “So I guess you know now that I am an Inquisitor, I saw what that knowledge did to you back at my room.” Ahi was shivering; he had the image of the man in black robes flashing in his mind. Then the Inquisitor put his hand on Ahi’s shoulder and made a quick chant. The room grew cold and the lights dimmed. The other men in the bar were confused and whispering amongst each other. Then the lights went to normal and the room went back to normal Temperature.

The images of the robed man were gone. Ahi sat a little easier and turned to look at the inquisitor. “What are your reasons for being here, and I’m sure you have a name?” “Well no isn’t that a bold statement, the name is Inquisitor Drakkus and I will discuss to you about my reasons in a more private situation.” By then Ahi had finished his drink and Drakkus was just about done. They both got up and Ahi followed Drakkus out the door to an awaiting car. They both got in the back and Drakkus directed the driver to take them back to his quarters.

When they arrived back data-slates and papers all over the desk once again occupied the room. Various maps of the surrounding area took the entire wall with different marks on them indicating the time and place of something it seemed the inquisitor was tracking. The most noticeable thing was that Outpost Alpha had a huge mark on it indicating something big. Drakkus notice Ahi was staring at the map and felt the need to tell him about it.

“Well my friend, this is why I am here my friend, I am an Inquisitor for the Ordo Malleus here on a mission to purge the Daemons attacking the Geryon Base.” Ahi turned and stared at him, stunned. “And you, SSgt. Ahi, are going to help me…”

Last edited by ExLibrisMortis; July 25th, 2006 at 22:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I added breaks wher eI felt was needed to make it easier to read, hope you enjoy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It really good, can't wait to see the next parts.

In the seventh paragraph from the bottom, one thing I found wrong was that once you spelled "close" instead of "clothes". Other than that little error it good.
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys know that when yu post here it acknowledges that you have read it and gives me more of an idea of how i should tailor the next story... Please if you have read this, post here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nicely written.

Realy like the inquisitor who can knock the sergeant out with a chant.
    Also knocking the lights out and making the room cool was cool

Cant wait to see/read the next one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only one point to make a Sergeant wouldnt be adressed as sir as that is used for officers and not for NCOs but thats it other than that its a great story.
    Yes people i know that my spelling and punctuation is awful but I am product of British teaching pollicies so what can I do about it?

+ Reply to Thread