Tau, actually Necrontyr - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau, actually Necrontyr

Anyone who knows about the necrons knows they used to be mortal, and used to be called Necrontyr.

My theory: Tau are Necrontyr. The do look alike..apart from one being a skeleton.

it makes sense..somehow that soem of the Necrontyr left the necrons, not willing to be slaves. WHile it doesn't say so, it i slikely that a few escaped, and they grew into the Tau.

Farsight discovered this, and wishes to join his necron brothers.

anyway thats what i guess

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, nice theory, i guess their heads to kinda look the same. My only question is why where the Tau found without any technology or anything, perhaps it is only the Ethereals, they show up misteriously and manage to infiltrate the Tau fortresses (veil of darkness??). There heads look the same, maybe Tau was a colony of the Necrontyr that was stranded from the main Necrontyr empire. You then have the entire of the story up until the imperium finds tau. The necron (maybe a C'tan we don't know about) go back to the colony, they somehow form the warpstorms and cause the Tau's divergent adaption. Like how the C'tan made the Necrontyr into the Necrons, maybe they decided that wasn't so good and tried somethign different. Lastly maybe it is something to do with the old ones, maybe sometyhing along the lines of the old ones saving some of the Necrontyr, against their will (the Necrontyrs will that is), from the C'tan. They then caused the Necrontyr prisoners to become the Tau, lastly maybe the Ethereals are in fact the old ones, or servants of the old ones, like the slaan, Slaan = frogs Tau = cows ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by gemore
    Anyone who knows about the necrons knows they used to be mortal, and used to be called Necrontyr.

My theory: Tau are Necrontyr. The do look alike..apart from one being a skeleton.

it makes sense..somehow that soem of the Necrontyr left the necrons, not willing to be slaves. WHile it doesn't say so, it i slikely that a few escaped, and they grew into the Tau.

Farsight discovered this, and wishes to join his necron brothers.

anyway thats what i guess
    I was thinking about this the other day and the medusa conflict threw something into my thoughts, its the part about the Necrons ability to ride out warp storms, (basically they can set up force fields that isolate a planet from a warp storm and all its effects), well does this not sound familiar the Tau were isolated by a warp storm but by some miracle survived not only untouched but also massively advanced technologically (much faster than they should have by the natural evolutionary process).
    I think the Necrons have augmented the Tau for one reason and thats territoral gain, the Tau have the firepower to take huge tracts of space and subvert species under their authority and I think at some point the Necrontyr will reappear and do what the Necrontyr do, take all this territory and make it into what Necrons consider livable.
    It seems really odd that a species of Tau can suddenly appear and take full and absolute control over the rest of teh Tau species (and they are a very divergent species) this to me implies a deep seated impulse or programmed response to obey (Necrons anyone) I believe that GW have a link between the Tau and Necrons in the bag somewhere and it will be revieled at some later point.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Connections between Tau and Necron(tyr)s have been drawn for.. well, for a long time, probably since the two armies have been released and compared. There are several old-ish threads about the connections in the Fluff forum (where this belongs..).

One of the biggest connections is that neither the Tau nor Necrons seem to register in the Warp, which is a very big connection, I think, since most other things happen to.

I suggest you do a search for this same topic in the Fluff forum and see what you can dig up. :yes:

In the middle of nowhere...or in other words Nebraska of the USA...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well rikimaru I don't think the necrons really care about territorial gain at all as they don't really need it that much and is probally more effcient for them to raid planets too.

Though this is indeed an interesting theory. I can see that farsight figured this out and prematurly detached from the empire to fight for the necrons (could explain why he has lived so long and why his sword looks like a necron artefact).

Also a reason why the necrons would want the tau is they can use em to bolster their ranks since necrons can't get anymore numbers (due to all the Necrontyr being dead or in a necron case) plus they could use some of the weaker alien races for food as well.
    Is it me or does any other necron player get annoyed when they see people saying "Necrons eat souls". How is that even possible as souls are part of the warp and necrons want nothing to do with it? Eh probaly me just me being picky.

Anime Clansmen

Tyranid Hivemind Member

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Speculate away, gents (in the right forum that is )!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

This is a very interesting theory but an impossible one. The Necrontyr are an ancient race predating even the eldar while the tau are in terms of the rest of the galaxy very young.
    2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Its a cool idea however its my job to pick holes in it (before Xerxes does too!).

First of all you would have to explain how the necrontyr lost so much of their technology and society to become the 1st tau barbarians.

Next you would have to explain what the ethereals are, if the tau are necrontyr what are ethereals and why didnt they become barbarians too?

Next you would have to explain what the tau/necrontyr have been doing for the past 20 million years.

Next you would have to explain why the necrons didn't know about it and why the ctan didnt hunt them down.

Lastly you would have to explain why if Farsight discovered he was actually a necrontyr that escaped the ctan why is he running back to join them?

Like I said its a cool idea so don't let me put you off, speculate away and try and answer these questions as you go.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

generally I'm not the kind to debate the Tau Necron conundrum (until GW says so, they're unrelated), however today I'm going to have a look at a possible explanation for the supposed relationship.

(In response to LordLink's Questions)

The C'tan are masters of the Physical universe, they can create anything they want in this plane of existance. It is therefore possible that one of the remaining C'tan, after sleeping for aeons, could have created (or influenced) life on an isolated planet, to build themself another race of slaves. This is the early Tau, with zero warp presence, they have no concept of the immaterium or Chaos.

The planet is discovered by the Imperium, but lost behind a warp storm shortly after.
    If one of the C'tan were to be on planet at the time, the warps storm would also trap it there as that is their one major vulnerability. The C'tan creates the Etherals to further influence the Tau race, leading them to a unified technologically advanced state.

The warp storm dies down and the C'tan can leave once more, the Tau are highly advanced, but immature as a race. Farsight didn't find out that he was a replica Necrontyr, but instead found a relic of the C'tan that allowed him communication/communion with the C'tan. He has since been affected by the C'tan artifact, and is following the orders/wishes/demands of the C'tan, he can't threaten them with anything he has.

Is there any reason for the C'tan to inform the Necrontyr about the Tau? No. They are just another force doing the C'tan's will. In time the C'tan may decide to turn the Tau into the undying machines that the Necrontyr now are, but it is likely that they would leave it until after the destruction of the Immaterium, because it's easier to replace losses when you are breeding your soldiers, and at that point, they would no longer be necessary as living creatures.

How does that sound for an "anti-Tau=Necron/C'tan" person?
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I never like threads like this.

It's not that it's infeasable that the Tau are really the remnants of the Necrontyr, or that the Necrons created the Etherials, or that Farsight is a Necron pawn, it's just that there's no real evidence for it which isn't balanced out by evidence to the contrary.

It's like saying 'The Demiurg are eldar who were genetically engineered by the C'tan to be really short so that their enemies wouldn't see them coming' or 'Orks are actually the product of a Hrud who got really horny one day and decided to get it on with a kroot.' Who knows, one day GW could come out and say it, but until they do, there's no evidence.

As for the Tau/Etherials being made by the C'tan.. You notice something different about beings which are created by the C'tan and those which aren't. Those which aren't tend to be.. well.. meatier.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast