Fun with Death Company. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Fun with Death Company.

Very recently, I came across a strange thing. Death Company Veteran Sergeant transfers have all of their equipment replaced with DC gear, right? That much I understand quite easily, but what about the Bionics?

I'm not talking about statwise, I'm talking fluff. How would a Death COmpany warrior just simply 'lose' their bionics? I've got a few examples:
    • One guy gets VERY angry while succumbing to the black rage and he clenches his body so tense that his pacemaker gets shout out of his body like a bullet (into the next Marine, which sets him off too).
    • The Chaplain comes along, "Yoink! You won't be needing that, it's only a fleshwound." "HOW DARE YOU TAKE THE ARM OF SANGUINI--" *Thwack!* "Very well, Chaplain."
    • Amnesia sets in as the metamorphosis is complete. The Marine forgets to put his leg on and falls to the ground, slightly miffed about the whole thing.
    What do you guys think?

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

Simple dont take the Vet Sgt out and just ues a marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by z_man280
    Simple dont take the Vet Sgt out and just ues a marine
    I think you missed the point of the question.

I don't think the bionics stop working. Instead, I like to think of it as anything that the Death Company will actually "feel" will be far too powerful of a hit to have any Bionics prevent.

Anything that the Bionics would be capable of preventing to allow the Marine to keep on fighting is already taken care of by his Bloodlust - in this case, Feel No Pain.

Imagine the following scenarios:

Example A) A lasgun blast hits the Marine in his armg. It bounces off the Bionics, but the Marine never even realized he was shot since he Felt No Pain. (In game terms, the Marine rolled a six: Both FnP and the Bionics worked.)

Example Another lucky hit from the Lasgun hits the same arm, this time destroying the Bionics. However, the Marine shrugs it off and simply throws the arm around like a club attached at the shoulder. (In game terms, he rolled a 4 or 5.)

Example C) After seeing his friend get clubbed to death, a guardsman shoots the Marine, once again, in the same arm, this time blowing through the entire mechanism and chest cavity, rending the Marine incapacitated. The Marine definetly felt that one, which was far more powerful of a hit than what the Bionics could save him from.

Hopefully my ramblings make sense. Basically, anything that the Bionics could save him from would already be ignored since the Marine wouldn't acknowledge the hit.

Oh, and punted to 40K Fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I like the idea of pacemaker cannons. Excellent self-defence weapon; problem is that most Marines won't need it, they have two hearts.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Yeah, but that's why it counts as Bionics, not life-support.

Anyone else got any wierd ideas for the Bionics 'loss'? Any strange scenarios?
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

I could see a death company marine hobbling to his enemies with one leg cause they removed his bionic one; or one dragging himself forward because they took away both his bionic legs. (Then theres the thought of one with no arms, black knight scene all over again..:rolleyes: )

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the bionic arm/leg stops working because they run out of power? The Techmarine might just leave the limb immobilised after the frothing DC nutter pulls the head off the umpteenth servitor while it's trying to change his batteries. :cry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

The black knight always triumphs.

Your a looney.

Have at you.

Runnen away ehh.... You yellow &^+#$%&

That would make sence about the servitors. Like he goes crazy and just starts killing the mutant servitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    I don't think the bionics stop working. Instead, I like to think of it as anything that the Death Company will actually "feel" will be far too powerful of a hit to have any Bionics prevent.

Anything that the Bionics would be capable of preventing to allow the Marine to keep on fighting is already taken care of by his Bloodlust - in this case, Feel No Pain.
    This is exactly what I think. It is not that they have lost their bionics at all, more that they have forgotten they have them due to the black rage. As Caluin said, you can even rationalise this rules-wise.

A plausible scenario in which a marine could lose his bionics could be the following. Death Company seek death in battle. If they have expertly crafted and difficult to reproduce bionics then it is possible they could be removed in order that they may be used for further good in marines who are not quite so intent at meeting a grizzly end (though completely willing to do so should the situation require it). Ok - so this would not work on major parts like arms, but maybe on a bionic eye/ear/false teeth etc. Can't think of any other reasons

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

I like the Servitor one. Well said.
    I got another:
    When succumbing to the Black rage, it's like being on PCP. And for a Marine, who's already that overclocked, he just tips right over the edge. Brother Bilkanel comes into the bunk tents to join his brother-Sergeant for debriefing, and sees Brother-Sergeant Sandalphon quietly pulling out his Larriman's ear & bionic arm because they felt 'wierd'... By the way Bilkanel, that's a real pretty neck vein you've got there.
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread