CSM gene seeds? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSM gene seeds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x0)

CSM gene seeds?

Where do CSM get there gene seeds from?
    I rember somthing about the Iron Warriors ripping some off from the Imperial Fists
    All the other books I've read Choas dosent give a damn about there daed or there gene seeds not like SM or the eldar with there way stones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Chaos Space Marines acquire geneseed in a variety of ways; because they don’t care about mutations as do their Imperial counterparts, they are much less picky and can use almost everything they can get their clawed hands on.

Like you say yourself, one source is mentioned in a Black Library novel where a certain Traitor Legion raids a geneseed storage facility containing pure geneseed from the Imperial Fists Chapter. Other ways are stealing the geneseed from captured or recently deceased loyalist Space Marines and/or their Apothecaries; during combat, an Apothecary’s most sacred duty is to avoid capture and escape with the geneseed he has reclaimed from his fallen brethren, and if this is impossible then to destroy the geneseed rather than let it fall into the hands of Traitors, but sometimes this isn’t possible and the geneseed is stolen. The Traitors can of course also take a mature geneseed from one of their own, just like the loyalist do, provided that the donor isn’t too mutated for the geneseed to have been affected and rendered useless.

However, it’s not entirely true that Chaos Space Marines don’t care about geneseed; if you’ve read the Black Library novel mentioned above, you’ll know that Chaos Marines carrying the geneseed of another Legion's Primarch, or even worse a loyalist one, are usually not readily accepted by their pure-blooded brethren. Therefore, it seems that the Chaos Marines must have some way to reclaim or replicate to a degree the geneseed of their Primarchs, be it by cloning, foul warp magic, or some other unknown way; otherwise there wouldn't be so many pure-bloods around.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I rember right. I heard that they use a type of female deamons with the geenseeds inside them and the marines are stuffed into the deamon through the .....(Um can I say vagina?) vagina or poontang and they soak up the geenseed material and come out when they are ready usualy without skin wich is later grafted on from some poor sap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that is true with the Iron Warriors. But usually they just raid and steal their own gene-seed. And yes the marines arent always accepted, in the case of the Iron warriors and the Imperial fists, that would be a disgrace to have a I fist seed in you because of the hatred between Peterubo(sp) and Dorn. Chaos will usually just use what they have or get.

Daywalker

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by JaRhead
    If I rember right. I heard that they use a type of female deamons with the geenseeds inside them and the marines are stuffed into the deamon through the .....(Um can I say vagina?) vagina or poontang and they soak up the geenseed material and come out when they are ready usualy without skin wich is later grafted on from some poor sap.
    I believe you’re referring to the daemonculaba from ‘Dead Sky, Black Sun’ by Graham McNeill; however, to clarify, the young recruits implanted into the daemonculaba are actually sewn into the daemons’ stomachs, not inserted through any other bodily orifices. *Shudders.* This fortunately isn’t Slaanesh we’re talking about here, and thank the Emperor for that. :x

~Greph.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    I believe you’re referring to the daemonculaba from ‘Dead Sky, Black Sun’ by Graham McNeill; however, to clarify, the young recruits implanted into the daemonculaba are actually sewn into the daemons’ stomachs, not inserted through any other bodily orifices. *Shudders.* This fortunately isn’t Slaanesh we’re talking about here, and thank the Emperor for that. :x

~Greph.
    Thank you for the correction and how do you know all things about fluff do you work for GW
    or are you just that good:ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They always have the ex-EMPERORS CHILDREN, Fabius Bile, to create new geneseed for them. In fact he can create serums that turn a regular human into a superhuman with equal strength and abilities as a space marine.

Hope Fabius dies soon...I hate him!
    Last edited by R.A.P.T.O.R; August 9th, 2006 at 03:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.P.T.O.R
    They always have the ex-faggot, Fabius Bile, to create new geneseed for them. In fact he can create serums that turn a regular human into a superhuman with equal strength and abilities as a space marine.
    Wow.. that word isn't blocked by the swear filter.

It's not a very nice one though. I'd advise not using it as it has the potential to cause offence.

On what you're actually saying though, I agree. Except that, from his fluff, it seems to be implied that Fabius doesn't make new gene seed. After all, how would he be storing it so that it doesn't mutate into uselessness as all gene seed does in the eye of terror?

Fabius does have chemical methods which turn humans into super enhanced freaks, but they're not stable, mentally or physically. They're just deranged, super strong psychopaths who may well explode or have a heartattack at the wrong time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Wow.. that word isn't blocked by the swear filter.

It's not a very nice one though. I'd advise not using it as it has the potential to cause offence.
    Well I never used it to cause offence to anyone, but I'll edit it anyway

On what you're actually saying though, I agree. Except that, from his fluff, it seems to be implied that Fabius doesn't make new gene seed. After all, how would he be storing it so that it doesn't mutate into uselessness as all gene seed does in the eye of terror?
    Doesn't he clone the geneseed or something..?

Fabius does have chemical methods which turn humans into super enhanced freaks, but they're not stable, mentally or physically. They're just deranged, super strong psychopaths who may well explode or have a heartattack at the wrong time.
    Yes, But He'll use it anyway :shifty: Who cares if they explode, they are only meant to serve their purpose, KILL. I bet he makes a few then drops them into enemy territory to cause havoc, kinda suicidish.
    Last edited by R.A.P.T.O.R; August 9th, 2006 at 05:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Well i can tell you for sure that they dont get from the nonpsykers from the thousand sons

I think the novel that most of you are referring to is Dead sky black sun by Graham mcniel

And the army was the iron warriors, not slaneesh( i dont know how to spell that)but it does seem like him(her) sort of thing

Spelling and grammar (somewhat) corrected by Lordofchange. Please use basic punctuation, grammar and spelling. If you are having trouble, please run it through a spellchecker first. Some of our members do not speak English as their first language and your posting style may cause them problems.

LoC
    Last edited by Lordofchange; August 9th, 2006 at 03:52.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast