Ordo Xenos Alliance - Fluff Question on Chapters. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordo Xenos Alliance - Fluff Question on Chapters.

So I have been tossing back ideas for some time now (near a year) on an Ordo Xenos army. For the most part just using one of the current Ordo Codecies and staying away from Malleus and Hertics specific units. In an effort to fill some voids I am taking Allied space marines to the list. Which leads me to my question for this forum.

Which Chapter (s) are more likely to be called upon by Ordo Xenos. I know that any chapter "can" be called upon. But what are the well known "hating xenos" chapters. The only two I could come up with is Ultramarines (Tryanids) and Crimson Fist (Orks). Are there others?

What Chapter could you see set down with an ordo xenos force that would make you say "Yeah that makes sense why there are there, they hate xenos as much as the Ordo itself."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Salamanders have it out for some Xenos, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

You do know about the Deathwatch, right?
    They are the Ordo Xenos equivilent to Grey Knights or Sisters of Battle.

You can represent them fairly well with SM traits, or there is a chapter approved article that you can use as an allied HQ choice in IG or ][ armies, I believe.
    The article was in the WD with the massive Nids vs. Guard battle report, when Nids had just been re-released.

If you already know about all of that, but you want normal SM allies anyway, I would reccomend choosing an army depending on your main opponents.
    Orks: Crimson Fists.
    Nids: Scythes of the Emperor, Ultramarines.
    Eldar/Dark Eldar/Tau/Necrons: No specific chapters off the top of my head, but I imagine wikipedia could help you out.

More generally, the Imperial Fists are pretty xenophobic, even for marines.

Also, does this not fit more readily in the 40k Fluff section?

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Booted to the Fluff forum.

~Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As Minus_T said, the deathwatch are the Chamber Militant of the Ordo Xenos. They are teams of veteran space marines drawn from many different chapters and given special equipment and training. The rules for them are in the big chapter approved annual, and in a White Dwarf article, I forget the issue.

If you want a puritan Ordo Xenos army.. I'd suggest an Ordo Hereticus/Malleus army with no sisters and a Deathwatch Kill Team as a second HQ unit. Since the Deathwatch are, effectively, normal space marines as opposed to super secret mystic orders (and ruleswise they don't count as 'allies' themselves,) there is no reason why you shouldn't include space marines of another, mainstream chapter as well though. With the exception of those chapters who have more of a chaos fighting bent or an extremely divergant internal structure, or who don't like the Inquisition (Dark Angels, Blood Angels or Space Wolves, for example) any chapter would do. To tie it together, you could make your deathwatch Captain/Librarian a former member of the aforementioned chapter.

For a radical ordo xenos army, why not take a couple of units of Kroot Mercenaries (also chapter approved), and back them up with inquisitorial stormtroopers. That could be quite an interesting combo, though perhaps not the most cost effective around. You could also customise some of the human units.. use death cult assassin rules to represent hired bounty hunters, for example.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Orks: Crimson Fists.
    Nids: Scythes of the Emperor, Ultramarines.
    Eldar/Dark Eldar/Tau/Necrons: No specific chapters off the top of my head, but I imagine wikipedia could help you out.
    Dark Eldar: White Scars
    Tau: Imperial Fists
    Eldar/Orks: Blood Ravens

Alternativly you could choose chapters with similar geneseed, such as how I did mine using Imperial Fists and their succesors.

http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...&searchid=3628

As for an HQ choice, I would go with a Death Watch kill team and Inquisitor Solomon Lok from forgeworld.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or...you could just wait till the alien hunters codex comes out...ordo xenos...
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah
    Or...you could just wait till the alien hunters codex comes out...ordo xenos...
    Thats still a couple of years off, so Cronk-Smash is doing the next best thing.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Wikipedia has an awesome list of Space Marine chapters... It can answer your questions on many, many chapters. Some entries are very limited, but 98% of it is GW canon. I tried to post a link, but Wikipedia is being slow right now. :rolleyes: Figures. Lol.

Most of the super fanatical chapters that are really zealous in their hate of the xenos in general or jerks that don't work with anyone else, anyway. I can't ever get into chapters that are like that, except for Dark Angels. They can technically take Daemonhunter and Witch Hunter allies, but they really chafe under Inquisition scrutiny.

Deathwatch rock. Take them for any Ordos Xenos, themed army. If only for fluff reasons.
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

+ Reply to Thread