Crusade of Tears - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Crusade of Tears

I'm currently working on a LaTD army that I'm hoping to have completed sometime in the middle of next summer. Of course, like most 40k gamers, I want a little history for my army to liven up the games I'll be playing. Rather than going over an overall theme for the army, I want to focus on my four HQs (DP and 3 champions). Here it goes...

Nelfros Daelrog- If there could ever be nobility in chaos, it would be the Daelrog. Unlike a traditional daemon prince, Daelrog was born a daemon by some blasphemous sorcery unknown to him. Needless to say, he was seen as a messiah to the chaos worshipping clan that he was born into. He grew up quickly, and soon took the reigns of all the clans acting as a god-tyrant. His natural leadership saw the local guard quickly overrun until a company of astartes came to the planet, and needless to say obliterated every last one of the clansmen, save for Daelrog who only survived because his broken and shattered body was thought to be dead. He was discovered by Saar'Cath, and learned the true art of warfare. He was eventually led to a crypt containing the daemon blade Soul Bender, that had the ability to take the souls of the fallen and turn them into both an armour and a weapon. Because of his unnatural birth, he was able to gain complete mastery over the weapon. (It does not count as a daemon weapon in game terms). Nelfros sees himself as a crusader for chaos. He is disgusted by many of the inner warfare and mental instability found in the legions. He does not kill for revenge or hatred, but sees himself as a warrior who battles because it is what he was born to do. On a rare occasion, he has even spared an enemy commander who fought bravely just for the chance for a rematch. If it was up to Nelfros, he would not be a daemon, but he does accept his fate. In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Saar'Cath- Defiler, corruptor, pure evil. These are the terms associated with Saar'Cath. He is a fallen angel, one of the Dark Angels who turned to Chaos during the heresy and survived the battle only to run and hide from his loyalist hunters. Saar'Cath isolated himself even before the heresy, concerned with his own goals of knowledge and sorcery rather than that of his legion. For that , he was under much scrutiny, none more so than Chaplain Alexander. When the war was at full swing on Caliban, Saar'Cath attempted to summon a thousand daemons on the planet. However, Alexander and a small unit thwarted his plans. In the climax of the fight, Alexander brought his blessed crozius onto Saar'Cath's face. The scar remains to this day. At first, Saar'Cath hid from the universe until he caught wind of a place that consumed his twisted mind, the Black Library. It was then that he realized his true weakness. After learning as much as he could he realized that he would have to master the webway and be powerful enough to defeat the most powerful warriors in the galaxy, the solitaires. So, he devised a plan to create a host for his essence that was capable of all this. So far, he has not come close. Many times he has spent hundreds of years cultivating each generation in a long line of DNA splicing, breeding, and sorcery only to have failed and had to start from scratch. He still continues on though. He is being hunted continuously though, by the Dark Angels, by Ahriman's Cabel (who see him as a petty rival), and the Harlequins. How he has escaped their wrath thus far is a mystery. He uses Daelrog for protection. With such a being by his side, some chaos commanders who would readily kill Saar'Cath now pause, not wanting to harm what could become a potential ally in Daelrog. Saar'Cath has no concious. He will corrupt the gene-see of fallen space marines. He will defile any relic he comes across. He will torture captured prisoners and turn them in to the Soulless who create the bulk of his forces. He is the force behind the Crusade of Tears and serves no one, but his own evil.

Lisandra?- The third member of the four is Lisandra, or so she says. Truth is, she has been known by so many names it is likely she's forgotten her original name. For now, she is known as Lisandra. She is like the punk rocker before punk rock was invented. She is like the girl who wore jeans before any girl did. In her case though, she was a devotee of Slaanesh before Slaanesh existed. First of all, yes that means she is very, very old. Secondly, she did not actually "worship" Slaanesh, it's only that she would have if Slaanesh had been around back then. She prefers to keep her origin to herself, but it is known that she was once a goddess to her entire species. What that species is, is up for debate. She sought for dark pleasures and often fed on the souls of both her followers and enemies to feel pleasure. Whatever the reason though, her race is destroyed, most likely be the Eldar. She traveled the galaxy with many groups who she saw as strong and interesting. She was an advisor to a few planeary leaders, watched a few battles, did whatever she pleased. When Slaanesh came into being however, she did not serve the Prince of Excess. She had enough experience to realize that to follow Slaanesh would only deaden her senses and would take away the freedom that she lived by. However, she did enjoy the company of those tied to Slaanesh such as the Emporer's Children. She was a lot like a groupie, not a part of the band, but someone who liked the band and hung out with them. Eventually she came across Daelrog and Saar'Cath. They were both interesting characters. She found it amazing that even though they hated each other (Saar'Cath's pure evil vs Daelrog's crusading pride), they still made a formidable team. She now travels with them, acting as a commander, because it pleases her. Thus far, she has had no reason to lose interest and is comfortable in the position she's at. What exactly she is is a mystery and how she can appear so youthful though she is extremely old and does not gain her powers from the chaos gods is unknown.

Halleus- Halleus is a traitor marine. He once served as a Black Templar even reaching the position of sword bretheren. He was not the greatest, nor the most beloved, but he was up there. One fateful mission, six neophytes, fourteen initiates, and five sword bretheren (including Halleus) went down to a world to investigate a tale of corruption. Supposedly, a creature known as the Vermin Lord had taken control of the sewers under the hive city and had been there for several years. The small crusade quickly went into the sewer system to clear it of any taint of chaos. Later investigations discovered that the entire sewers were so thick in chaos, that even the air they breathed was chaos. Only the Vermin Lord and Halleus know exactly what happened, but needless to say only Halleus made it out out of the original Black Templars who went in. Statistics say that after three weeks, they would have run out of supplies, they were in there for four months. It is assumed that each time one of them died, the others would have had to burn the remains in order to prevent them from turning into spawns due to the chaos taint in the area. When the second crusade came to investigate, they discovered that the Vermin Lord and his minions had abondoned their base and had fled. They also heard rumors of a tall, strong man walking out of the sewers with no clothing, wandering away. Whatever horrors Halleus saw and had been done upon himself were horrible enough to send a Black Templar sword bretheren to chaos. No one is beyond the reach of chaos. Halleus eventually forged his own armour, a mockery of his old chapter. He made it gold with daemonic taint and corrupted heraldry. He became a golden destroyer to anything in his path. One day the Cursade of Tears crossed that path. The fight between Daelrog and Halleus was impressive (not as cool as say a chapter master vs an ork warboss, but still pretty cool). Daelrog bested him, but spared his life. Halleus grudgingly joined the Crusade of Tears. He is heartless, unemotional, and devoid of all feelings. He only seeks to destroy everything around him, not because of vengeance to an Emporer that "betrayed" him, but because whatever he went through in those sewers made him believe that destruction and death were the only things left.

All four members often clash with each other, but never to a degree to any civil war. Daelrog's close-to-good values, Saar'Cath's twisted darkness, Lisandra's thrill-seeking, and Halleus's stoic ways often rub the wrong way with each other. In the end though, they are the Crusade of Tears and will not bend to anyone. They will all accomplish their goals with each other and will see the galaxy burn...

I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

AWSOME fluff. Now that is what can be accomplished if you put some time and effort into it. Rep for you =o]
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Thank you. Compliments are always a confidence booster^_^
    My goal was to create four unique and dynamic characters who would have contraversy. It seems to me, most of the fluff I've read about "bad guy" armies has been that the lord rules with an iron fist while the officers all wait for their time to take the mantle of leadership. I wanted something more than that.
    Then again, a lot of other armies I've read have absolutely no internal problems to speak of. That's all right if that is the goal, but the way I see it though, is that a few differeing philosophies can really add a lot of flavor to games.
    For example, a librarian is trying to retrieve a lost relic from the clutches of Chaos is cool, but...
    A librarian trying to retrieve a lost relic from the clutches of Chaos, accompanied by a chaplain who beleives the relic is already tainted and must be destroyed, just seems more fitting for the 40k universe.
    Hopefully these characters have inspired others for their fluff as well.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

+ Reply to Thread