Shadow Spectres Chapter fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow Spectres Chapter fluff

[size=14pt]Shadow Spectres[/size]

[hr]

Trait advantages: See, but don’t be seen and Cleanse and Purify
    Trait disadvantage: Eye to eye

[hr]

Origins:

Though the Shadow Spectres have a long and glorious history fighting in the Emperors name, their exact origins and earliest days are clouded and mysterious. The Shadow Spectres have been known to occasionally fight alongside different Ordo (Inquisition) forces. There also have been a couple dozen of Battle-Brothers who have been seconded to Deathwatch Kill-teams of the Ordo Xenos. The Shadow Spectres are a proud and honourable order, they fight in the name of the Emperor. They see themselves as instruments of death, bringing punishment to the enemies of the Emperor.

Homeworld:

The Shadow Spectres have no specific homeworld, they are a fleet-based chapter.
    Their Chapter fortress is a mighty Battle Barge known as the Black Shadow, the rest of the chapter travels aboard a host of Strike Cruisers and Battle Barges. While there is no fixed base of operations for the Shadow Spectres, there are a number of planets that they consistently draw their potential recruits from. These worlds are mostly Deathworlds, worlds where a large proportion of hunter warriors are around.

Combat doctrine:

The Chapter follows the battlefield doctrine based in the Codex Astartes closely, but have amended it to allow their own tactics. The Shadow Spectres fight with stealth, before the battle scouts are sent to the front to investigate the enemy strengths and weaknesses. The scouts will give all the information regarding the enemy to the Captain. With this information the army will then infiltrate the enemies position. When the Captain gives the order to attack all hell will break loose, the Shadow Spectres will strike from the Shadows. Tactical and Devastator squads will use their heavy weapons to strike from range. While other Tactical squads and the Command squad who have used infiltration will assault the enemy in close combat. The Assault squads will use their jump packs to also get into hand to hand combat. When the need is high, Terminators will deep-strike to where to fighting is the toughest. The Shadow Spectres don’t use Bikes or Landspeeders, they don’t fit into their infiltration combat doctrine. Armoured vehicles are also used less than normal Codex chapters. Most Companies only have a small selection of vehicles at their disposal onboard their Battle Barge, they are only called upon when the need is high.

Organisation:

The Organisation of the Shadow Spectres follows the standard practices laid down in the Codex Astartes, with ten companies, each of ten squads. The First Company is the Veterans company, consisting of mostly veterans in Terminator armour and some (Venerable) Dreadnoughts. The second to fifth companies are battle companies, and the sixth to ninth companies are reserve companies. The tenth company is the Scouts company. The Chapter consists of the prescribed mix of Battle Companies, though the exact make up of those companies can vary quite extensively. Each Company is led by a Captain and he is supported by a Chaplain and a Librarian. Most of the times when a Battle Barge is away from the Black Rain, it carries a Scout squad from the tenth company and a Terminator squad from the first company with them. A Battle Barge mostly carries two companies with it, one battle company and the other as reserve.

Beliefs:

Like many Chapters, the Shadow Spectres do not venerate the Emperor as a god, but as the mightiest of men. They see the Emperor as their one and only father. This is allayed by the fact that they do not know the identity of their Primarch, which leads them to give praise to the Emperor with a fervour greater than almost any other chapter.

Geneseed:

The Shadow Spectres geneseed is relatively stable, there are little known mutations.
    There has been much speculation regarding which of the Founding Chapters the Shadow Spectres geneseed is derived from. The Ultramarines have been suggested, but this is likely to be based simply on the fact that a lot of chapters geneseed is derived from the Ultramarines because of their stable geneseed. No facts have ever been presented to establish a definitive single source of the genetic material that makes up the chapter. The fact that the Shadow Spectres themselves have no record of the chapter they descended from implies that they could easily have been a chapter created in anticipation of some threat to the Imperium in centuries past that has since been met and defeated. The real reason about their founding remains a mystery…

3rd Company:

Honourable characters:

Brother-Captain Stam – Commander of the Watch – is a great warrior, a man of honour. Bearing dozens of battle scars to prove that he is a ultimate warrior. He is the Captain of the Shadow Spectres 3rd Company. Always leading the attack, making sure he strikes first. He fights with two special lightning claws, instead of four small blades, the lightning claws consists of one bigger blade. The two blades have a constant blue glowing, sometimes the last thing an enemy sees. Brother-Captain Stam has led his company for decades, fighting in big campaigns for the Emperor, he will keep doing his task as a punisher, until his last breath…

Medusa V

The Shadow Spectres 3rd Company have played a small part in the battle for Medusa V. They had to preserve their strengths so they were limited to patrol and kill-team missions. Telosia was their region for small raids against Xenos bases and command posts. The 3rd Company was able to eliminate key figures of the Xenos thus preventing them from reaching their goals. Also a raid was done on a small hidden Tau airfield, the scouts infiltrated the airfield and carefully placed demolitions and sneaked back in to the darkness. Then the demolitions were set off and the foul Xenos were left in disarray without a trace of who was responsible for the destruction of the Tau Barracuda’s.

Battlecry:

"Ex umbrae offendo!" ("Strike from the shadows!")

This is my Chapters fluff. What do you think? Anything to make it better or change?
    Please let me hear your opinion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always been a big fan of the wandering Chapters, and I have to say this is a fine addition. I noticed that some of the fluff bears resemblence to the extended fluff that White Dwarf outlined for the Blood Ravens from the "Dawn of War" video game. Was it a base of inspiration to make this Chapter? Also, kudos on the mini-battle-reports from Medusa V. Any lasting blows on the filthy Xenos gets a thumbs up from me.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad you like it.

I don't see myself as a good writer, so I used the Blood Ravens fluff for inspiration.
    I'm quite fond of the Blood Ravens Fluff and way of battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have any major problems with it. What is your color scheme and chapter symbol?
    Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will let you know in a major way.

Not all the Emperors Children turned coat. We will redeem our name.

+ Reply to Thread