Continuing the Vogen 31st. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continuing the Vogen 31st.

Hello all! After a several month hiatus from writing fluff(or doing anything 40k related) due to the start of school and the new edition of fantasy I decided to pick up the pen(keyboard?) again and continue my Imperial Guard fluff. For those new to the exploits of the Vogen 31st. I've been writing the backgrounds of my command squads, this newest addition is about the medic in my Command Platoon Command Squad. Medical Trooper Laiek.

“And Emperor, with all Your divine knowledge, and Your infinite power, I beseech you, guide my hands and let me save this Guardsmen’s life so he may die for you another day.” Laiek prayed as he plunged a syringe of adrenaline into the quaking body of his Colonel.

“Damn every xeno sniper to the deepest pits of hell!” Colonel Mikil spat in hatred as the medic injected him. “Tau pray your 'Greater Good' that I do not stand again!”

Laiek began to slowly apply a healing balm to the Colonel’s severe burns. A Tau sniper had singled the Colonel out among staff and delivered a near fatal shot into the officer’s chest. The force of the blow had thrown Mikil into a trench and blasted a gaping hole in his shoulder, while at the same time frying the skin around the wound. The medic looked over the injury with a trained eye; by all rights the Colonel should be dead, if not from initial shot at least from loss of blood. The Emperor had a mysterious way of preserving his servants.

The medic cut away the strips of ruined skin and than placed strips of parchment covered with Holy Scriptures over the wounds. He wrapped the area in bandages and injected the Colonel with another syringe of healing unguents, pain relievers, stimulants, and a trace amount of the ashes of a Holy Saint.

“Sir we need to get you to a field hospital we can do more for your there.” Laiek shouted above the roar of battle. Las weapons cracked only to be drowned out by the constant crackle of machine gun fire. Explosions shook the city as shells rained from above.

“Nonsense! Did Holy Saint Sabbat shy away when wounded? No!” Mikil barked as he slowly began to rise to his feat, withdrawing his bolt pistol and powering up his sword. “I need no more than faith to continue the fight! If you try to stop me the Commissar shall remove you form active duty. Do I make myself clear?”

“Sir yes sir!” Laiek replied, amazed that the Colonel was even conscious. How could the disgusting Tau win? Their mightiest weapon failed to bring down one man. He chuckled to himself already knowing the answer. They couldn’t win; no one would triumph over the Imperium of Mankind. As if to reassert his point a series of explosions ripped through the Xeno lines, flames burst out of buildings and trenches like notes from a macabre instrument.

A roar of triumph filled the air as the Colonel slowly climbed over the lip of his trench. The men knew he would lead them to their inevitable victory, as victory over the Xeno, a victory for Humanity.

Last edited by Inquisitor Leet; October 2nd, 2006 at 07:25.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

“Foul techno sorcery!” Colonel Mikil spat in hatred as the medic injected him. “Xeno pray I do not stand again!”
    I'm probably jsut being dense, but I don't understand why the colonel dislikes technology, he's using it to fight isn't he?

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not dense at all, I reread it a few times and it didn't sound right to me either so amends have been made. Thanks for pointing it out.
    In an Imperium of a million worlds, what is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
    ~Inquisition credo

He who allows the alien to live,
    shares its crime of existence.
    ~Inquisitor Apollyon

+ Reply to Thread