Raven Guard fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raven Guard fluff

Could anybody possibly point me towards some Raven Guard fluff, such as crusaudes they were involved in, interesting facts, oh and while reading the wikipedia site I noticed that some of their organs aren't working right? which ones and how does this effect them?

I know they do their hit and run warfare thing, its what attracted me to them in the first place but beyond that I dont know much else, so...

Thanks for any help and reading this thread.

Salus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Try this link : Link deleted by moderator

Everything you wan't to know. If you have any more questions that this site doesn't answer ask them here.

Post edited by Grephaun: I'm sorry, Helbrecht, but you're linking to an illegal version of copyrighted material belonging to Games Workshop which is strictly prohibited by the forum rules. I have removed the link from your post and kindly ask you not to violate the forum rules again. Thank you.
    Last edited by Grephaun; October 15th, 2006 at 17:34.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Well, since I was forced to delete Helbrecht’s link, I suppose it’s only fair that I make a post of my own in this thread to provide what information I have on the Raven Guard.

You’re right, Salus, that the Raven Guard is mostly a hit-and-run Chapter; they depend heavily on ‘light’ troops such as Scouts, and fast attack units with bikes, land speeders and jump packs, which is also reflected in their Traits if you choose to use them for your army list. They also like to deploy using Drop Pods and/or Thunderhawks.

One aspect I like about the Raven Guard is their use of guerrilla warfare; the Raven Guard will rarely charge straight against an enemy, instead preferring to use all advantages given to them by the element of surprise and the lay of the terrain. This means that they usually decline the use of heavily armoured vehicles, but it also enables them to get where they’re needed quickly and efficiently with a minimum of fuss. I often liken them with an Imperial version of the Alpha Legion; not as devious, perhaps, but with the same cunning as that most successful Legion. The Raven Guard works much more like a real-life infantry regiment, cleverly using what cover is available to them to hit the enemy as hard as possible with minimal losses, and more than once the shock of being hit with needle-point precision from out of nowhere has entirely overwhelmed an enemy force and ended the battle before it had even truly started.

As for the Raven Guard’s gene-seed, it is rather unstable as you yourself mention. This is due to the Chapter’s Primarch experimenting with their gene-seed in a desperate attempt to recreate his destroyed Legion after their defeat on Istvaan V when the Traitor Legions revealed their true allegiance and turned on their former brethren. Wanting to speed up the gene-seed harvesting process, Corax took it upon himself to manipulate with the genetics of his Legion’s gene-seed; however, lacking the Emperor’s knowledge of such scientific procedures he ended up creating monsters rather than Marines, and after the Heresy he took upon himself the heavy task of euthanizing every single one of these mutated Raven Guards, decreeing that never again should such forbidden technology be used by his Chapter. However, the gene-seed had become irreparably damaged, and only a small quantity still remains in the possession of the Tech-Priests on Terra, from where it must be collected for each new candidate, a process that significantly delays the initiation of new Raven Guards and makes the Chapter slow at recovering from heavy losses.

As for the special implants of the Raven Guard, there are as you mention a number of them which don’t work: the Raven Guard lacks the Betcher’s Gland and the Mucranoid, and their Melanochrome is also malfunctioning, slowly turning them into albinos, albeit with black hair and eyes.

As for other titbits of information on the Raven Guard, I can mention that they seem to have a rather good relationship with the Space Wolves, perhaps because both Chapters have experienced the shame of their gene-seed giving rise to monsters. On the other hand, they aren’t too fond of the Blood Angels, whom they dislike for their use of straight-on charges. All in all, it seems that the Raven Guard don’t really like very many people, preferring to work alone whenever possible, even though they do actually maintain close ties to the population of their homeworld, Kiavahr, unlike many other Marine Chapters.

I can recommend having a look in the 'Index Astartes IV' background book, it contains an article on the Raven Guard that has plenty of information too. Good luck, it's a very cool Chapter you've picked. ^_^

~Greph.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks you for your help!

Sounds like the Raven Guard are exactly what I've been looking for.:yes:

Salus

+ Reply to Thread