My theory (on Tyranids) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My theory (on Tyranids)

In advance, this is still all theoretical and I don't want to be hardcore shot down over it. If you don't agree, thats fine. If you can prove I'm wrong, please do. I mean no offence to the great gods of fluff if there is anything outta whack.

I have had a theory for a long time, but now I think I can prove it!

My theory is that the Outsider (a C'tan, for those that don't know), is really the hivemind.

Now, here is where I get down and dirty with the theory.
    OK, in the begining, there where the stargods (C'tan), got me sofar? Ok, so...yada yada yada...(see codex Necrons for greater detail on them, I don't want to fully explain).

Ok, to cut to the chase, the Outsider, was driven insane, and left the galaxy. Ok, on to the next part.

The Tyranids appearantly started in a different galaxy, and then moved on when their food source was extinguished. From what I know (don't hurt me if I'm wrong), they moved on to two galaxies initially. In one, they supposedly got the crap kicked outta them...so bad infact, that the hive mind had to order all it's troops in that galaxy to fight to the death no matter what, so that they race(s) in that galaxy couldn't track the fleeing tyranids back to the hivemind and destroy it. In the other galaxy the hivemind quickly assimilated everything. From there he moved on to our galaxy.

Now, if the hivemind, who is so smart, soooo cunning, and can genetically bioengineer entire species (and in extension, races), to do it's bidding and adapt to any known environ, then why would he deplete his foodsource? Think, if it was truly cunning, it would make like the other awakened C'tan (Nightbringer and Deciever), and harvest, no exterminate. Think of it this way...If the hivemind makes everything it eats into a airless ball of rock, than eventually (yes, it would take a VERY long time) run out of food, and die. But, if it was smarter, it would eat most things, then plant new things (or something of the sort, perhaps not completely exterminate the planet). And would have a sort of...two-three galaxy cycle where it went in a big circle eating everything, and by the time it got back to the beginning, it would have more food available.

Now, the hivemind is obviously NOT doing that. Which, helps bring in the Outsider, who was supposedly driven to the pale of insanity. Now doesn't self-extinction sound insane to you?

Also, I believe that the tyranids are a race that (where found and modified, or made from scratch) where moulded to the outsider's perverse, and truly insane standards of being.

Also, not the tyranid's reluctance to engage Necrons? not only due to the minimal food they (and their planets) would provide, but because I believe that the outsider is avoiding conflict witht he C'tan that drove him out of the galaxy in the first place (wether out of fear, or respect).

So, that about sums it up, I have some other theory's, but they are for a different place at a different time.

Cheers!

-The God of all Machines

W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x7)

I dont think that the outsider is the hivemind, but ive said before that I definatly think the tyranid race is nothing more than a biological weapon created by another race. As for re-planting the world they devour, why bother, the universe is an infinate space, they are never gonna run outta food!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

This theory has been presented before, and is one that I don't agree with, as it ignores the highly psychic nature of the Tyranids, something which is an anathema to the C'tan. I am also of the opinion that the Hive Mind has no physical presence, but that's another discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by macewind View Post
    the universe is an infinate space
    Where did you learn that?:ninja:

Anyways, it's just a theory.

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AND to prove you wrong

Look at the necron codex last page: it says unidentified object. It's the dyon(sp) sphere, thats where the ouside is...

but anyways

TheEndIsNear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The problem is I beleive that the hive mind is much more powerful than a c'tan. It can bring whole fleets through the warp and bring them out using only its psychic power. This jump is so massive it blanks out psychic power for entire planetary systems. Does any c'tan have near that much raw power?

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awwwwww snap!

There goes my theory....

-The God of all Machines

P.S. What in the hell is a dyson sphere (sp?) anyways?! It's really irking me...
    W/D/L

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah View Post
    awwwwww snap!

There goes my theory....

-The God of all Machines

P.S. What in the hell is a dyson sphere (sp?) anyways?! It's really irking me...
    Well, I dunno what they're calling it in THIS sf universe, but as I recall in other incarnations (such as Star Trek), not to mention in the real, present-day world, it's a mechanical hollow sphere built so large it can surround a star (or is it a planet, or maybe an entire star system???). Naturally, such a thing is way too massive for any race the size and technological level of humans to create, so it remains a sort of "urban legend" in the real-life scientific community. Yes, it's certainly plausible, but who could build it, and more importantly... why?

Anyone out there who wants to correct me, I'm all ears.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah View Post
    A Dyson sphere is huge (reall, really huge) metal sphere in space. At least in this context, I don't know if it's anything else as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    A Dyson sphere is huge (reall, really huge) metal sphere in space. At least in this context, I don't know if it's anything else as well.
    sounds like a good place for a certain hivemind to hide...but thats just me:rolleyes:

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast