How do GK conceal themselves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

How do GK conceal themselves

How do GK conceal themselves when they are in orbit around a planet. An example: Medusa V with all the ships in orbit how do they make there pressance unknown? Would they have other chapter symbols or would they use the Inquisition symblos and people would just leave them alone?

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably just broadcast =I= ID and no one asks questions. EVER. Lots of inquisitors use false IDs and sneak around, but that really doesn't seem like the Grey Knight's style, however secretive they are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Generally whatever GK contingent was present would likely be carried in aboard an Inquisitorial warship, and nobody's going to be asking a lot of questions.

In a case where the threat was so dire that they actually committed some of the GK's own vessels and the sizeable force associated with it, I should think that they'd either just shut up and get overlooked in the chaos (since all hell would quite literally be breaking loose by this point), or just play the old "=I= business, butt out" card.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Moved to the fluff forum.

~Yoss
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Grey Knight strike cruisers have cloaks and "quiet" warp engines, which allows them to - surprisingly - sneak up on people. They're inured to psychic detection due to the billions and billions of hexagrammic wards, they have other tech to stop more conventional detection methods, and if they broadcast any identification whatsoever it would be [=I=] and no-one would ask because, hey - Inquisitors. Not a friendly bunch.

Keep in mind that they can pass as "normal" Space Marines if they have to, and that they don't hang around anywhere for very long if thye can help it. They're a strike force, hence strike cruiser, so they tend to do the striking and then on with the buggering off so the Imperial Guard can clean up the mess.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Yeah, very few people even know of the existence of the Grey Knights to begin with. They have been witnessed on occasion, but have been passed off as another divergent space marine chapter, when they cannot operate as covertly as they like. That way hundreds of citizens don't have to die merely for seeing them.

As far as their vessels, I'd go with the observations above. I'm not familiar with them in that regard.
    I'm an American, religious, male and a proud Republican. You have your beliefs and (gasp) I have mine. Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    To be "owned" in a game or otherwise is to be miserably defeated by an opponent or an opposing team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you for the input.I am wanting to write some fluff, but wanted to make sure that I was doing it right.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

+ Reply to Thread