New C'tan - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New C'tan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

New C'tan

This is just the first half of some fluff i wrote ill finish it tommarow. what do u think?

Shepard of Hate
    The deceiver strode lightly across the charred battlefield. Twisted metal bodies lay scattered everywhere he looked. He walked down into a large blasted crater his arms crossed and he stopped in silent pondering. His form betrayed his godly power, as to the mortal eye he appeared as nothing more than a cultist of chaos. He despised this shape more than any he’d ever worn but it was necessary in his current location. All around him lay the shattered forms of his metal pawns. Scattered beside them were the servants of chaos. The very thought of the warp infested humans made the C’tan sick. They had come out of nowhere completely obliterating the pylon that was being constructed. The deceiver had plans to cut off this whole solar system to the warp, leaving its inhabitants ripe for the harvest. But chaos’s interference in his plan disturbed the C’tan. With a great wave of his deceptively mortal hands the metal bodies all across the destroyed landscape disappeared. There servitude was far from over. All that remained now was the smoldering battlefield and the lifeless servants of the warp. The deceiver continued to think. The C’tan was growing tired of contesting for this galaxy with these foul warp entities. Horrible memories of the enslave plague began to came to mind. Even now he cursed the old ones for there unintentional creation of them. The C’tan would no longer compete with these creatures from a foreign dimension. This time the souls of his living crop would be his. A twisted grin grew across his chaotically tattooed face, a new and most wicked scheme in his head. All the C’tan had a distinct hatred of the warp. But the deceiver had a fond memory of one with a special contempt for all things. Thought to be destroyed in a war long ago, but the deceiver knew otherwise. He also knew right were to find him. Before the war with the old ones there were multitudes of the deceivers brethren. The powerful Nightbringer, the mad Outsider, and the still slumbering Dragon all came to mind. But they were all useless against the warp and its ilk. The C’tan the Deceiver needed still slumbered and was currently powerless. His brothers might not like this plan but they didn’t have to know. Far on the outer rim of the galaxy a massive asteroid field lay forgotten. There was no reason any of the other races to draw there attention to this useless rock field. It was nothing but the shattered remains of a planet destroyed in a war few remember. Not a living thing noticed the collision of a comet into one of the larger asteroids.
    The deceiver rose out of the crater he made. He traversed through the stars with his own power. He used no ship to avoid detection from the sentient races in the area. Flying through space in nothing but his necrodermis shell resulted in a great collection of ice and space dust. By the time he reached his destination, he appeared as nothing more than a stray comet. The Deceiver gazed across the barren rocky landscape. Due to his god like abilities and the asteroids low gravity the C’tan was able to travel at great speed. The deceiver stopped dead in his tracks at the base of a great black spire. Raising his hand to the structure it seemed to shudder and vibrate shaking off millennia of dust and debris. Intricate carvings could now be seen across the structures surface and the whole tower had a metallic black sheen. The deceiver grinned as he walked strait into the structures metallic wall as if it were liquid. After traversing through several walls and hallways the Deceiver stood in a great chamber. The chamber was massive, the walls were a deep metallic black with glowing silver markings all across the walls. The glowing silver was a great contrast to the seemingly eternal black walls. The deceiver stood unimpressed, his golden necrodermis body hovering slightly above the floor. His attention was drawn to a great sarcophagus at the back of the room. It stood even taller than the deceiver in his true form. It was made of the same black material the walls were and covered with the same markings, but its ruins didn’t glow and the glistening black metal seemed lifeless compared to the flowing black room around it.
    “The eldar thought they had destroyed you. They thought they could destroy you and your great ship while you slept. It’s time to prove them wrong keeper of Hatred, lord of contempt, rise and spread your despite once more?
    Once his voice finished echoing through the empty chamber the deceiver lunged strait for the dread coffin. His clawed hand outstretched he thrust it into the front surface of the sarcophagus. With a terrible and most ancient power the deceiver began to feed the black artifact. As more and more of the C’tans power was drained the tomb jumped to life. The walls seemed to flow like liquid, the ruins once a dim silver glow now a bright emerald green. The greatest change came from the coffin itself though. The ruins on its surface seemed to glow with a green fire. Drained and successful the deceiver tried to pull away from the structure. But the liquid metal itself seemed to hold him tight. Disturbed by the interference the deceiver willed the necrodermis to unhand him. But it was obeying a new master now. The liquid metal began to melt away from the sarcophagus. The lower and lower it flowed the more of its inhabitant it revealed. The creature that began to form was a nightmare incarnate to all but the C’tan. Its entire upper torso was a massive, humanoid, necrodermis skeleton. No organs were held in the enormous metal rib cage just a massive burning green orb of necromantic energy. Its grinning black metal skull was illuminated by its burning green eyes. His entire lower torso consisted of a swirling vortex of same metal his skeleton was made of. His first movements were to stretch out his long skeletal limbs and to rotate his mechanical skull as if to stretch out his muscles that were never there. Then his attention was drawn to the figure before him. The weakened deceiver stood his arm still entrapped in the base of the newly awakened C’tan. The C’tan had no mortally conceivable way to communicate but in some higher manner are able to convey there messages at rates and detail beyond human comprehension.
    “Release me keeper of hatred…

2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As a story its nice (the description of the keeper of hatred really reminds me of Mephisto from Diablo II, is that intentional? )

However.. I am left wondering why any C'tan would want to release one of its brothers from captivity, especially if it involves weakening itself in the process.. We're talking about beings who like to eat each other so much that there's only a handful of them left. The Deciever didn't survive so long by being silly.

I guess more will be revealed in the second half so I won't be too probing yet..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The Keeper of Hatred part 2

The last half.

the living walk the galaxy once more, ready for the harvest.? the deceiver was calm but impatient at his restraint.
    “I have not forgotten your trickery deceiver. So the living are amongst us once more? Excellent, the taste of your stale power will sustain me and my vessel for now, but I hunger for true energy, life energy. Before I devour you, what of the enslavers??
    The Deceiver released a chuckle “Both of us are far too weakened, and I am too humbled by your awesome power. The enslavers are greatly weakened, but still a nuisance your abilities should aid you in their destruction. The Nightbringer too drifts amongst the stars.?
    “So be it? the Keeper sneered “I care nothing for your plotting or the wonton slaughter of the Nightbringer. You and all others lie under the shadow of my Loathing. Now leave me.? With a wave of a great clawed hand the Keeper threw the Deceiver from his tomb. All walls opened that would have normally impeded him in his flight. His necrodermis body landed hard on the asteroid surface. Looking around the once buried ship of the Keeper was gone. The Deceiver grinned, his sly grin at his success. Weak but most pleased the deceiver took back off into the star filled sky he called food.
    It was a fight of great evils. The shattered remains of Necron warriors and twisted chaos servants lied every were. Scarabs and several tomb spiders worked frantically to get the pylon online. Lord Salat ( the same dreaded daemon prince who smashed the last attempt to construct a pylon) shook the earth as he marched across the shattered field toward the pylon. A screaming fanatic group of cultists ran close behind thankful they have survived the initial battle, but ready for blood. Completely blind to fear or danger the scarabs didn’t halt in there work. Just as Salat rose his daemon axe he was thrown back by a great explosion. The sight of there lord falling and the creature that crashed from the sky stopped the cultists in there tracks. The Keeper of Hatred rose to his full height and gazed with deadly focus at the rabble before him. His eyes two burning green orbs and his fiery green chest illuminated all around him in eerie light. Salat rose to see who stood between him and the warp nulling pylon. Having no knowledge of the creature before him or its awesome power Salat charged. The Keeper shot out with one of his great clawed hands and grabbed Salat’s axe mid swing. The warp energy engulfing the blade began to burn the mighty C’tan, but could not stop him. As the creatures grappled, eight liquid necrodermis tentacles stretched out from the C’tans spiraling torso and plunged themselves into the chest of the great daemon. Shocked the creature dropped his blade in a roar of pain. With god like strength the C’tan lifted Salat off the ground with his metallic tendrils and hurtled him away from the pylon. The Keeper spread his arms wide and let his necrodermis flow across the battlefield absorbing the fallen bodies of his necron slaves. Drawing himself back together his lower half seemed to form a liquid vortex. Then one by one his troops began to march out fully restored from there asters body. Leaving his metallic slaves to guard the near finished pylon the Keeper began to flow in the direction of the cowering cultists. Towering over them the C’tan looked into there eyes, it seemed as if he were just sampling the life flowing from them. He could taste the warp in them, could feel the hate of there violent god tainting their energy. The core of energy in the C’tan’s chest glowed bright and he began to feed on that hatred, he began to feed on the very emotions that made them human. The trance like of the situation seemed to shatter at an echoing roar. The C’tan gazed up from his ritual to see Salat charging strait at him with demonic speed and fury. In the blink of an eye the Keeper’s tendrils absorbed the bodies of two heavy destroyers at the C’tans base. In the same instant the heavy gauss cannons of the two destroyers appeared on the Keeper as two new arms. Firing them with mechanical precision and accuracy, the C’tan promptly removed Salats head, forever eliminating that nuisance to the necron. Casting aside the cannons the C’tan looked back at the pylon just in time to see the scarabs put the final piece in place. A silent explosion of real space echoed through the materium. The C’tan turned back just in time to see the warp infested souls of the cultists being ripped from there bodies. All that was left was their undead like shells and the delicious life energy within. One cultist viewing from farther away gave a satisfied grin. His tattooed face showing a flash of gold.
    The enslavers would not have this solar system. Eventually the whole galaxy would be out of their reach. Now they would have to deal with a hatred far older than the warp. The lord of contempt has awakened, and was the strongest piece on the Deceivers game board.

The Keeper was a very powerful C'tan who survived the time of C'tan canabalizm. He was so powerful that the eldar say that he once came close to devouring the Deceiver himself. But the deceiver used all the hatred that he pulled from the Necrontyr. Needless to say they were a race full of hate. The hatred the Keeper felt blinded him temporarely and allowed the deceiver to escape. eventually the galaxy died and the loather slipped fromthe memories from all in the galaxy but one. now the deciever awoke him to use against chaos as a pawn without himeven knowing. and finnaly the keeper of hatred can completely manipulate the emotions of sentient life having a direct effect on the warp. He weakens all warp entities in his pressence by feeding on the very thing that gives them strength.

Whatcha think? just having fun really. needed some fluff or my necrons called : the loathers Guard.
    3000pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing God View Post

The Keeper was a very powerful C'tan who survived the time of C'tan canabalizm. He was so powerful that the eldar say that he once came close to devouring the Deceiver himself. But the deceiver used all the hatred that he pulled from the Necrontyr. Needless to say they were a race full of hate. The hatred the Keeper felt blinded him temporarely and allowed the deceiver to escape. eventually the galaxy died and the loather slipped fromthe memories from all in the galaxy but one. now the deciever awoke him to use against chaos as a pawn without himeven knowing. and finnaly the keeper of hatred can completely manipulate the emotions of sentient life having a direct effect on the warp. He weakens all warp entities in his pressence by feeding on the very thing that gives them strength.

Whatcha think? just having fun really. needed some fluff or my necrons called : the loathers Guard.
    Pretty good, though I don't see how he could consume/have an effect in the warp when chaos is the anathema to the c'tan.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

he doesnt so much consume it as involentarily weaken it by draining life of its tasty emotions.
    3000pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow awsome piece much better than mine:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I didn't like it. It suffers from Mary Sue'ism and gives the new C'tan strange powers for no reason. Your discription was very good though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RecklessFable View Post
    Thought for the Day: Armylists are a three-edged sword. The list your backstory wants. The list that is optimal. The list of models you actually own.
    And HOW.

(\_/)
    (X.X)
    (><) This is Dead Bunny.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MyArmys: Points: W/L/D

Imperial Guard: 2250: In Progress.
    Necron: 500: 2/1/1

Join the Imperium today!

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

I find it funny that a guy with the screen name Laughing God is writing C'tan fluff. Good stuff but its confusing the way the conversations are set up.

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
    Honestly I didn't like it. It suffers from Mary Sue'ism and gives the new C'tan strange powers for no reason. Your discription was very good though.
    I somewhat agree with Ghost. You are a very good writer and yes I did like it from a standard point view (aka someone who likes to read some good sci-fi once in a while but doesn't play 40k.)

but an entire new C'tan? Thats like creating a new primarch or saying (space marine point of view)"My space marines once destroyed an entire craftword of eldar.".......it just messes with too much of the 40k universe to be plausible.

though I have to admit its the best piece of necron fluff I've seen. Original.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Thank u all very much for the critisizm. But could u be more spesific on what is wrong, perhaps cite exactly what u see incorect or too unfluffy. rep will be awarded

Just wanted something different out of my unfluffy necron. i used to play eldar so im used to plenty of it.
    3000pts Tyranids

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast