Chapters who records were exponged from the origional list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ira
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Chapters who records were exponged from the origional list

Is there any information on these chapters anywhere? Curiousity is getting the best of me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Assuming you are talking about the 20 original Legions, then no, no one knows what happened to the 2 Legions that had thier records destroyed.
    They were originally included as 'records destroyed' back in the days of Rogue Trader to give people the opportunity to create, paint and play with thier own Legion, but as the background and game mechanics have moved on, you can now do this by making your own Chapter.

-t.

edit: Oh, and welcome to LO, enjoy your stay
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Ira
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Thanks, thats pretty interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    Assuming you are talking about the 20 original Legions, then no, no one knows what happened to the 2 Legions that had thier records destroyed.
    They were originally included as 'records destroyed' back in the days of Rogue Trader to give people the opportunity to create, paint and play with thier own Legion, but as the background and game mechanics have moved on, you can now do this by making your own Chapter.

He is correct there have been many who will try to tell you that that's the Legion of the Damned or other legions who have "disappeared" realistically i've been playing the game since the days of 2nd edition, and no one really knows who they are but many can guess for fun. I think they did it to make it more interesting personally. But i'm guessing at some point GW will revisit that in some manner of speaking.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

The Valedictors were originaly a Legion, however they were then made a Chapter by GW. They are not officialy considered one today (And when they were there was a 5th Chaos God called Malal floating about...). But I find it semi-interesting.

From Wikipedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Valedictors
    Originally a First Founding Legion which saw action on the Eastern Fringe against Orks, Eldar, and traitors during the Horus Heresy. They were described in detail in two Epic articles in White Dwarf magazines 126 and 136, circa 1990-91. The status of the Valedictors changed in White Dwarf 235, where they are said to be of a "later founding," (post-Second Founding). Therefore, in the most recent canon literature, the Valedictors are no longer a First Founding Legion.

Some fanon lists them as one of the two Legions "deleted from Imperial Records".

The Valedictors armour is oak-leaf green with a teardrop on the kneecap plate with a Roman numeral inside to denote the company. The symbol is a winged "V".
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

Moved to fluff forum.

~Yoss
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Try doing a search. This topic comes up time and time again.

My opinion is that GW simply wanted to leave a bit of mystery in the background to draw people in. It gets us all thinking and posting in topics like this
    And of course there originally was the option to create your own legion to fill in the gaps, but try that now at your peril.

Fans have created several theories as to why the legions were totally deleted from the records, but as we know there is no official story so all we can do is speculate, and get no closer to the answer.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

260 (x6)

Here's an idea i have been juggling for a while. Grey knights are in fact space marines, very expensive and deadly space marines. They are hidden from general public, but their geneseed is pure and not taken from another chapter. This could be 1.

Just a thought, dont kill me fluffmaniacs
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

GK are an anomaly, but thier chapter number is 666.

There are several possibilities for thier geneseed. A mix of the loyalist legions. A mix of geneseed from those members of the Traitor Legions who remained loyal or the Emperor himself.
    Last edited by Silver Wings; December 9th, 2006 at 17:58.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Well, given that the Emperor didn't HAVE geneseed and was already on the Golden Throne by the time the Grey Knights were created (2nd Founding), I doubt very much that his was used. But then I have no idea whose was used.

Anyways, back on topic. My personal opinion is that they were traitor legions that got wiped out completely in the Heresy. Check the "Meaning of Victory" piece of fluff in the 3rd edition rulebook.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast