The Crafyworld of Ashari (more Eldar fluff) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Crafyworld of Ashari (more Eldar fluff)

Well, here's some more fluff from my homebrew craftworld, just some general ideas regarding their history, mindset, etc. Let me know what you think and how it could possibly be improved

The Craftworld of Ashari

Origins:

In the golden age before the Fall, the Eldar strode the stars like Gods. Their nigh-unbelievably advanced technology and awesome psychic powers made them masters of the galaxy, whole star systems living and dying at their command. Everything they had had ever desired was placed within reach of their fingertips; To the Children of Isha, nothing was impossible.

At the pinnacle of their powers, the Eldar began to turn their gaze towards new horizons. Beyond the furthest rim of our galaxy, beyond the blackness that beats between the stars, they knew that there were other worlds, under the light of other suns that it was their divine right as Eldar to bring into their empire. And so, the Craftworld of Ashari was born; the first of the great Craftworlds, massive starships the size of continents, capable of supporting millions of souls on their journeys through the stars. Craftworld Ashari (“Seeker� in the Eldar tongue) was sent out, into the void, far beyond the Eldar Empire, to explore these other worlds and bring them under Eldar control.

However, before their trip had scarce begun, disaster struck; a fearsome warp-storm breached the webway. The Craftworld was sent off course, and unable to continue its journey except at the slowest of speeds. Nevertheless, the Ashari Eldar did not give up hope, and resolved to complete the task given to them, no matter the cost.

But behind them, their Empire was slowly falling into depravity and ruin. The pleasure-cults of the Eldar grew ever more powerful, and their once proud society sunk into a pit of perversion and evil. And out of this evil, the Great Enemy was born; Slaanesh, the Prince of Excess. Her psychic birth-scream ripped through the minds of the Eldar, killing billions in only scant seconds. Precious few Eldar remained; only those on the Craftworlds (for since Ashari, many more had been made), the Exodites, and the Harlequins of the Laughing Gods remained. Those cackling creatures that remained on the Crone Worlds could no longer be called Eldar.

The Fall was felt even on distant Ashari; thousands of Eldar died, screaming and writhing in psychic torment, while the planets seers paled with horror as they observed what their race had become. They turned the Craftworld around, hoping against hope that they would be able to return and save what few Eldar were left to be saved, but in their hearts they knew the effort to be futile.

Over the centuries, the Eldar of Ashari gradually regained contact with the remnants of their race, and learnt the full extent of the Eldars decline into depravity. With grim resolve, the Eldar of Ashari vowed to never walk down that path of darkness again; the Eldar Path adopted by the other craftworlds was instituted on Ashari, to control the excesses of the Eldar psyche.

Mentality:

Being the descendants of pioneers and explorers, the Eldar of Ashari are markedly more open-minded and adventurous than most Eldar. Like those of Biel-Tan, they are still caught up in the idea of conquest, of restoring the Eldar empire through military might; but they are less irrational than their fellow Eldar on Biel-Tan, and value knowledge over force, often co-operating with other races, especially the Tau, whom they both respect and fear, seeing in the Taus’ rapid development and expansion the same pattern that lead to the Fall of their own race. The Craftworld remains an aggressive one, however, and many Eldar of Ashari take up the Path of the Warrior at some time or other. Perhaps it is because they are relatively new to the concept of the Eldar path, but many Eldar on Ashari have difficulty moving between paths, and many remain trapped on the same path all their lives. As a result, Ashari has a higher number of Exarchs than most other Craftworlds.

Organization:

The Ashari Eldar are ruled over by two important factions; the Seven, and the Council of All Paths. The Seven are seven mighty ancestor spirits, leaders of the Craftworld from its hallowed past, who remain in the Infinity Circuit to oversee and advise the actions of the Craftworld. Held in both fear and awe by the Eldar under their command, the Seven are the true rulers of Ashari. They speak through the Council of All Paths, an Eldar Parliament of sorts that consists of representatives from all Paths of the Eldar. In practice, however, most of the actual decisions are made by the Eldar of the Path of the Witch, the Farseers.

"You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Well I must say that is a nice piece of writing there!

I love the idea of the first craftworld meant to go exploring before the dreaded Fall. It really fits in, as does the rest of the history. Great idea! I also really like the Mentality part, although the Organisation could be expanded, although it is very good so far.

Keep it up! Makes me want to carry on with my Eldar fluff. :w00t:

EDIT:

Surely Slaanesh is the Princess of Excess?

And please can a mod change Crafyworld to Craftworld (I assume you meant Craftworld anyway. )
    Last edited by PaRaSiTe_X92; December 9th, 2006 at 23:40.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot! Was wondering if the idea of Ashari being "the first craftworld" wasn't perhaps being a little ambitious but it seemed to work...

I would also like to expand on the craftworlds organization but am unsure how to do so. ANyone have any ideas?

This is a work in progress and I will continue posting news on my Craftworld as it developes. So far, I have also come up with names for my key characters:

Autarch Tethelion
    Farseer Rakahndra
    Wraithlord Altanis (Lord of the Seven)
    Last edited by Black Librarian; December 10th, 2006 at 00:17. Reason: Yeah, sorry about the title, finger slipped.. passing mods please help!
    "You're very interesting, and very perceptive. So interesting, and so perceptive, in fact, that we shall now fight with KNIVES!"
    -Moltar

"I've been dead long before you were born, and I'll be dead long before you'll be dead!"
    -Space Ghost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Librarian View Post
    Thanks a lot! Was wondering if the idea of Ashari being "the first craftworld" wasn't perhaps being a little ambitious but it seemed to work...

I would also like to expand on the craftworlds organization but am unsure how to do so. ANyone have any ideas?

This is a work in progress and I will continue posting news on my Craftworld as it developes. So far, I have also come up with names for my key characters:

Autarch Tethelion
    Farseer Rakahndra
    Wraithlord Altanis (Lord of the Seven)
    I must say being the first craftworld is very ambitious and, if anything, the only bit that I wasn't sure would bee 100% fluff-proof, so to say.

Organisation-wise, why not go into explaining the leader of the Craftworld and members of the Seven? Their history etc

And for my names I have 2 so far:
    Farseer Ulitadc
    Wraithlord Khalir-Mure (meaning Bringing Death)
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.K, here's a little more information on:

The Seven:

Ancient beyond the reckoning of even the oldest Eldar, the Seven have overseen Ashari since before the Fall, more than ten thousand years ago. Chosen from the wisest and most experienced of those who volunteered to board the Craftworld for its maiden mission, each of the Seven oversaw an aspect of Craftworld life; Sath-Garias, the Seedseer, who oversaw the production of the Craftworlds crops and other food supplies; Elrinio, the Bonesinger, who was in charge of the psychic engineering of the craftworld; Yrian, the Wraith-Admiral, lord over the craftworlds scouting fleets; Ishgiliath, the Administrator, who oversaw the day-to-day running as the Craftworld and its legal matters; Kaithara, the Witch, who unraveled the twisted rune-skeins and divined the Craftworlds future, and Altanis, the Knight-Commander, the greatest warrior of Ashari, originally hailing from the Planet of Biel-tan. For many centuries they ruled over the Craftworld, leading it to what little prosperity could be found into the troubled age after the Fall. But this was not to last; and, one by one, their flesh weakened and death took them. But, so great were they in their devotion, that even in death they vowed to serve the Craftworld; living on within the Infinity Circuit, ruling their brethren from beyond the veil of the dead. With the wisdom of millennia to guide them, they became far greater than ever they were in life. Indeed, so powerful are the Seven now that the Eldar of Ashari revere them almost as they would the gods.

Few of the Seven ever done wraith-form and leave the Infinity Circuit. An exception is Altanis; still does he delight in the thrill of battle, and the Craftworld never goes to war without him marching alongside, embedded in the wraithbone form of a Wraithlord or Revenant Titan
    -Moltar

-Space Ghost

+ Reply to Thread