Enter the DH inquisitor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Enter the DH inquisitor

This is a VERY rough draft. Enjoy!

Captain Strakk grinned as the girl he ordered slinked into the room, the lightweight, translucent gauzy robes fluttering about her like mist, her eyes fixated on him.

"What does your lord require?" she purred.

Strakk sat back on the settee, enjoying the moment. "Come closer," he said.

As she approached, he caught the scent of jasmine, his favorite. He didnn't recognize the girl, but all he could see through the veil was her eyes. She was magnificent. What little he glimpsed of her curves underneath the thin material intrigued him all the more.

As she straddled him and knelt down, her eyes changed, an ever-so-slight variation in expression. For a moment, a tiny flash of alarm registered in the back of his mind, but then her smooth hand caressed the right side of his face and he exhaled, once again settling into the giddy, delicious anticipation of things to come.

Her hand slid down his face, to his chin, and then grew nearer his throat...

And then, like a hurricane on a match, Strakk's excitement evaporated as her fingers closed around his throat. He reached for the heavy stubber on the table, but her thighs held him in place on the settee, his fingers safely out of reach of the weapon.

The woman shook her head, playfully wagging the finger of her free hand. "Naughty, naughty, Captain."

He strained against her hand. This evil thing will pay for this, he already decided. "How... dare you!" he croaked.

The woman seemed undisturbed by Strakk's anger. Her free hand reached into the robes and pulled out a shiny silver chain. As she pulled it free, the sigil of the inquisition dangled freely, and he felt his forehead get hot. She relaxed her grip, but he still found it hard to swallow.

"Yes, Captain. THIS is who I am. Now, I'm going to ask you some questions, and you would do well not to deny an Inquisitor."

Strakk nodded, and the woman began to speak.

Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ho ho...shneaky shneaky inquisitors:ninja:

Like it sofar!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah View Post
    ho ho...shneaky shneaky inquisitors:ninja:

Like it sofar!

-The God of all Machines
    Thanks. Main point here is to introduce a female DH inquisitor, and see if the fluff gods are angered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Thanks. Main point here is to introduce a female DH inquisitor, and see if the fluff gods are angered.
    Why would they be?

See the other post on the Inquisition.. it's a really flexible organization. It's supposed to be the elite of humanity, not the elite of the male sex.

If I did have a problem, it would be with the fact that this inquisitors talent for seduction doesn't actually help at all with her intended role and target. If she was a hereticus (or even a xenos.. interesting..) it would make a lot more sense, but daemons don't tend to have much libido (except slanneshi daemons of course.. and I think they prefer to be the ones screwing other people rather than the other way around.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, that last line just opens up whole avenues of graphical thought I really don't want to go down.

Looks good. There's a stereotype that Inquisitors never get sex, which is probably because they have the most demanding job in the galaxy, and it's good to see someone who thought "Wait...what if the femme fatale is the Inquisitor?!" rather than "I'll have a femme fatale working for my Inquisitor!" which is what Dan Abnett does repeatedly. Then again, both his Inquisitors were guys and one was missing all of his skin and was trapped in a sealed force chair.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    Why would they be?

See the other post on the Inquisition.. it's a really flexible organization. It's supposed to be the elite of humanity, not the elite of the male sex.

If I did have a problem, it would be with the fact that this inquisitors talent for seduction doesn't actually help at all with her intended role and target. If she was a hereticus (or even a xenos.. interesting..) it would make a lot more sense, but daemons don't tend to have much libido (except slanneshi daemons of course.. and I think they prefer to be the ones screwing other people rather than the other way around.)
    Well, this isn't a demon, just a sick human being that she needs to get info out of. She's exploiting his weakness for women to get what she wants. Ok, it's poorly written (at least compared to my other stuff), and a little cliche, but it's a start.

That's only one scene that kinda jumped into my head, too. It's not her preferred method of interrogation, I don't think, and she would naturally not try such a thing with a demon, knowing that, like you said, it wouldn't help.

Basically, this whole thing is my excuse for modeling a custom FEMALE Daemonhunters inquisitor. We don't see those very often. She would typically be dressed more... appropriately, and on the model she'll be packing a psycannon.

BTW, I'll look for it myself, but what other post are you talking about?

EDIT: nevermind that last. Found 'em. I forgot I'd kinda asked about this before. Just making sure about the female Inquisitors before I went and invested in a model. :shifty:
    Last edited by Canew; December 11th, 2006 at 04:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Don't worry.. There's no problem with female inquisitors in any ordo. There is in fact a female daemon hunter model for inquisitor (you can't really use it for 40k though.)

In fact, apart from Space Marines, there really is no reason women can't serve in any position.. The Imperium doesn't seem to care much about trivial things like gender roles.

I still think you're going rather against type with the social, seductive daemonhunters inquisitor. Daemonhunters always struck me as more 'taste my bolter, warp spawned filth!' than mingling in power circles and delicate social work. Unlike the other two ordos, their primary targets don't tend to respond to social interaction very much.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    I still think you're going rather against type with the social, seductive daemonhunters inquisitor. Daemonhunters always struck me as more 'taste my bolter, warp spawned filth!' than mingling in power circles and delicate social work. Unlike the other two ordos, their primary targets don't tend to respond to social interaction very much.
    Yeah, again, I follow what you're saying about the Inq trying to catch a DEMON unawares. The abovementioned method would not work, and our hero knows this.

As to the subtle approach. True, it's not what I've seen either, but I'm not saying this is the only method she employs, or even her favorite. As poodle said, the thought of the femme fatale being the inquisitor for a change intrigued me. What little I've read of Eisenhorn shows there are multiple approaches to the same job (Eisenhorn and Voke, for example, serve the same cause, but have very different ways of doing it.)

Regardless, thanks for the feedback. A more detailed, hopefully better-written version will be in the works soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    There's a stereotype that Inquisitors never get sex, which is probably because they have the most demanding job in the galaxy, and it's good to see someone who thought "Wait...what if the femme fatale is the Inquisitor?!" rather than "I'll have a femme fatale working for my Inquisitor!" which is what Dan Abnett does repeatedly. Then again, both his Inquisitors were guys and one was missing all of his skin and was trapped in a sealed force chair.
    Ever read 'The Inquisition War'? Or more specifically, 'Draco'?

In the book there, Draco (the Inquisitor) gets lucky with his Callidus assassin.

He also has a squat buddy, but thats not the point (ya, it's a rather older book, but good!).

READ IT!!!

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

457 (x8)

OK, here's take 2:

Strakk sipped his wine, drumming his fingers on the arm of the sofa. He glanced at his chronometer, and noted that two minutes past the appointed time had elapsed.

Most unacceptable, he mused to himself as he set down the wine and gently stroked the back of the creature lying near the heavy stubber on the table next to him. The small, furry beast uttered a gentle, musical warbling sound that Strakk determined was akin to a purr.

He wished he could be so content right now. Where was she?

Then the girl appeared at the door, her lightweight, translucent gauzy robes flowing behind her, giving Strakk the impression that she didn't walk, but flowed into the room. Strakk grinned.

As she approached, he caught the scent of jasmine, his favorite. He didnn't recognize the girl, but all he could see through the veil was her eyes. She was magnificent. What little he glimpsed of her curves underneath the thin material intrigued him all the more.

"What does my lord require?" she purred.

Strakk sat back, enjoying the moment. "Come closer," he said.

As she straddled him and knelt down her smooth hand caressed the right side of his face and he exhaled, settling into the giddy, delicious anticipation of things to come. For an instant, he glanced over at the beast on the table, which was half-asleep, clearly uninterested in the two of them.

Its presence comforted him. He didn't understand how the thing had this ability to ward off psychic power, but since he found it a year ago, it had passively protected him from two of Gragnok's henchmen, both of whom had a knack for literally getting inside people's heads. Yes, that had been a nasty surprise for them, Strakk remembered, and their cultist master had no luck so far in persuading him to give his little prize up.

The woman's intoxicating aroma and gentle touch quickly commanded his attention once again. Her hand slid down his face, to his chin, and then grew nearer his throat...

His first sign that something was really wrong was in the woman's eyes, which hardened under a knit brow. Then he felt the pressure on his neck from her hand. He grabbed at her, trying to pull her free, but her grip was like steel. His throat burned as he spluttered and gasped for air.

He reached with his free hand for the heavy stubber, but her thighs held him in place on the sofa, his fingers safely out of reach of the weapon. The lazy creature jumped slightly to avoid the reach of his scrabbling, stubby fingers.

The woman shook her head, playfully wagging the finger of her free hand. "Naughty, naughty, Captain."

He strained against her hand. This evil thing will pay for this, he already decided. "Damn you!" he croaked. "Who... are you that you dare..."

The woman seemed undisturbed by Strakk's anger. Her free hand reached into the robes and pulled out a shiny silver chain. As she pulled it free, the sigil of the inquisition dangled freely, and he felt his forehead get hot. She relaxed her grip, but he still found it hard to swallow. His eyes widened at the sight of the symbol, and he could feel little rivers of sweat trickling down his neck.

"Yes, Captain. THIS is who I am. Now, I'm going to ask you some questions about your little companion resting on the table there, and I'm not talking about your gun."

Strakk looked up into the woman's cold, ice-blue eyes and he knew the symbol was real. The woman's hand flicked, and where the Inquisition sigil was a moment ago, a small collection of needlelike devices appeared. Strakk's mouth went dry.

"You would do well not to deny an Inquisitor," she said.

Strakk nodded, and the woman began to speak. He was protected from the power of an inquisitor's will by the creature, but he was too frightened at this point not to answer her. He told her everything, where he got it, how much he paid for it, who he bought it from, everything.

"Good," the inquisitor said when Strakk finished. "Very good." The hand with the needles approached him. Before he could yelp with terror, he felt a tiny jab below his left ear, and the world faded away...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast