messing with physics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

messing with physics

My own chapter, the Phobovores, messed around with space-time. Or something. I'm keeping their precise actions open for suspense, your own fantasy and to add extra mystery. And because, well, I'm too lazy to come up with a logical scientific explanation.

Now is my question, are there canonical cases of messing with the fabric of space in WH40k?

Outside the warp I mean.

However, very strange things in the warp are welcome. My 3th ed. rulebook mentions timetravel through the warp.

Any information on this?

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Well.. There is a lot of magi-tech. The necron fluff in particular is full of it.

I personally don't like too much physics bending.. Too much, and it ends up like Star Trek, where the laws of physics just become toys to justify lame deus ex machina and whatever cheesy storyline the writers have come up with this week.

A little bit of original physics bending which doesn't require half an hour of exposition to be believable is cool though.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I think that any sort of technology required to manipulate space-time (such as space folds ) would be techno-heresy to the Imperium and the Adeptus Mechanicus, and would not be used. Basically, you have to have god-like powers (C'Tan) or Daemonic... IMO.

I also agree with Mantis, it would be too Star Trek. And they have a whole seperate deal...

So, stick with simple stuff...we like the speed of light to be a constant around here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya...

Warpspace=plausible

Realspace=BUSTED!

"...Remember, don't try this at home...ever!"

God I love that show...

-THe God of all machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Well, that depends. What are we talking about here? Slowing down time? Only Necrons can do that. Going back in time? That's begging for a paradox. Forward in time? The Warp does that. Walking upside down? Kinda beardy. Performing implausible gravity-denying ninja techniques which defy the laws of physics? Wouldn't look nearly as cool in power armour.

Necrons have tech so advanced it can mess with time. You know, faster-than-light travel, instant interplanetary teleportation, weapons that strip an object apart atom by atom, objects that slow down time, objects that speed up time, objects that ignore time, and organic metal that grows and flexes like muscle.

And don't pull out the "We have Dark Age tech that gives us plasma guns that don't overheat and shoot like rapid-firing lascannons".
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was more thinking about discovering a hollow moon, and entering it. The thing is made by a unknown party, so it doesn't matter if it's possible to be built by any race.

"Hey, look at the inside... what a funny place! It definately looks smaller on the outside... this looks pretty infinite and neverending... *twitch* Hahah... *twitch* Seen the exit pal? *twitch* *twitch*"

My plan is to make it more Lovecraftian than Star Trek. A bit like Dreams In The Witch-House. The scientist is slowly driven mad by his ability to transport himself by the use of magical mathematical formulas. Except the Phobovores find infinity.

And just like in a short novel of Stephen King, you get crazy when you're in infinity.

No, I do not want to discuss the difficulties of staying in a infinite place, and getting back in real space when you're inside something infinite. It's way too complicated, and besides, I want to PLAY with the army, not thinking about what a cool DEAD army I made up.
    Last edited by TehDarkPredator; December 13th, 2006 at 17:31.

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TehDarkPredator View Post
    I was more thinking about discovering a hollow moon, and entering it. The thing is made by a unknown party, so it doesn't matter if it's possible to be built by any race.
    ... Sounds like something the Necrons would make. >_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty useless, except for its infinite inside... I doubt Necron would have interest in making something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TehDarkPredator View Post
    It's pretty useless, except for its infinite inside... I doubt Necron would have interest in making something like that.
    They're about the only ones who could, unless you want to put the chapter in the Eye of Terror.

The scientist is slowly driven mad by his ability to transport himself by the use of magical mathematical formulas
    But this is really what cinches it for the Necrons. Their language is 'mathematical formula'... but it's also supposedly undecypherable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mathematician i was refering to is from a story by HP Lovecraft. Sci-fi horror that has nothing to do with WH40k... You should read it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast