Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
The questions that have randomly popped into my head at the moment are these, and I thought you fluff masters could help me with them.
1) Adpetus Custdos (sp?) , is there any indication of how powerful they are in the fluff? The only things I could find with my limited resources is that they have 10,000 members on Terra and that they might not have gone through the same enhancement of a normal marine. Is there anything else on them? Also in the Rulebook it states that a Centurion of them assaulted the Palace from the inside during one of the internal wars, according to a quick search a Centurion is a single officer?:wacko:
2) I know that you could go into the warp and get shot into the future by many years correct?
So what is stopping a Battle Barge from the golden age of the Imperium somehow showing up in the present day etc? Could this also mean that if a Crusade got absorbed now, could they be placed down in the future at a critical point, although I understand the chances are slim.
Thank you to anyone who can help me with these questions!
1.) The Adeptus Custodes are an organisation of warriors 10,000 strong that guard the Imperial Palace. Their strength differs from source to source, but from what I have understood, a single Custodes is the equal of a Grey Knight. They might be more powerful, their champions are more powerful without doubt.
A Centurion was a commanding officer in ancient Rome, and I believe that this term has a similiar meaning in the Custodes. The incident you are reffering to is unknown to me, but the Custodes helped the attacking forces loyal to Sebastian Thor during the Age of Apostasy and they took the leader of the Daughters of the Emperor (former SoBs) and her closest officers before the Emperor in his room. What happend there is unknown, but after the incident, the SoB-leader was taken to Vandire and executed him (his last words were "I'm to busy to die!").
2.) While time travel might be possible (anything is possible in the Warp, really), I don't think it occurs to often. More common is ships that get lost in the Warp for what seems a short while, but when they return to the martial plane many years have passed. Actual 'time-travel' between ages doesn't occur that often I think (if at all).
1 ) I know what you are referring to, it is that incident. I now see what really happened but in the Rulebook's entry about the incident it states Marines assaulted the outside while a Centurion assaulted through the inside until the Sisters turned. I guess the story is more developed than the Rulebook states unless I am missing something.
2) I guess what I stated is a very extreme example but is it still slightly possible. It could be a nice twist to the story don't you think?.
"Abbadon we are about to crush Cadia! The 45th Crusade shall succe........er sir, it appears an entire Imperial crusade somehow avoided our scanner......Oh Feth.."
That would be awesome don't you think ? :yes:
1.) The 2nd edition SoB-codex has a massive 10-page entry about the Age of Apostasy. The assault on the Imperial Palace was comitted by mostly Space Marines and some Guard-elements. The palace was only defended by the Daughters of the Emperor and regular Guardsmen (the Custodes hadn't chosen a side yet). Then when the Custodes saw that Thor's cause was just, they made the Daughters to join them and when Vandire was killed the defense ended.
2.) Yes, it might be possible but would also be extremely unlikly. Like, it's never gonna happend. At least nothing major.
And the Warp was a lot more stable during the Great Crusade, travel in it was a lot safer.
Okay thanks, I guess I simply had a lack of resources just relying on the Rulebook.
As for #2 if it did happen, lets say for example some 200 hundred or so ( random number) of the Ultramarines were to show up in a random sector , what would happen to them? I know they would be more powerful of than the current marines, but what would the Inquisition have to say about them, or even what if it was a squad of still loyal Iron Warriors/Word Bearers/Thousand Sons, would they be immediately hunted down? Another thing is how would they view the galaxy as it is now?
What is Corax where to show up through a warp storm !
As for the Tanith Marine, I guess it says something about the Ghosts future! ( Actually I couldn't think of a 40K curse )
In the origional Rogue Trader book, the scenario generator had at least one based on travellers from the future(your job was to kill them for heresy lol)
Can you imagine how bad time travel would screw up their storyline?
Great-wolf-"Oh, hey russ! how the hell you been!?"
Russ-"don't....talk about hell...i've just been there....for the past 10,000 years..."
-The God of all Machines
1) They're generally understood to be incredibly powerful even by marine standards, but I've never understood where people got this from. Can anyone cite a source?
2) They could be, but it's incredibly unlikely. The only instance I can think of where it's definitely happened was after the fight between the Lion and Luther. The Fallen got swallowed by the Warp and spat out across space and time, no one knows entirely where. But I would advise against using it in fluff.
2. No you missunderstand warp travel and its impact on time, the warp effects the passage of time only in terms of relativity, time can pass slower or quicker but it does not stop or go backwards, one hour of warp travel may take years of real time, or seconds, but not a negative time
Everything you have been told is a lie!
Hmm, what I meant was that someone goes through the warp. The journey seems to take weeks to them, possibly a year but it turns out it has been 10,000 years in real time. I did not mean go backwards or stop, though as you guys say my example can happen but the chances are so slim it probably won't happen?
Lets assume it does happen, what would the Imperium do to the new arrivals?