A twist on "the best army" - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A twist on "the best army"

I started a thread like this in the fantasy section months ago and thought I would see how it did here. Here is the deal, this is a smack talking thread where you post fluff type arguments as to why an army/chapter/craft world etc is "the best". You CANNOT sight any rules, point costs, stats etc as reasons for being the best becasue this is a fluff arguments only. So no "my guys are the best becasue they cost so little points and in a 1000 pt army I can field X Y Z adn they have high strength and a great save". LETS GET FLUFFY!!

"...and we shall pave our path to the gods with the Skulls of our fallen foes."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My craftworld is the best as they got lost in space and they hate those latex wearing slane****es lol
    shien'yanel
    dip me in choclate and feed me to the lesbians
    i am not a geek, i am a lvl 12 paladin!
    i am not a failure and ill prove it!
    its your choice kyle.....tits or destiny
    KISLEV is NOT part of the empire

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

And what's wrong with latex and/or Slaanesh Daemonettes? :w00t:

Eldar are the best 'cos they have the most decent fluff. And they are the most diverse in a lot of ways.
    AGLOCO - Earn money by browsing the internet!

Quote Originally Posted by Krevzi and Me
    Warhammer is like crack. But more expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Learn parasite, that us Chaos players like to have our cake and eat it. In fact, we particularly like stealing the poor necrons' cake and eating that too, because they're too slow.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

This probably sounds corny but I wouldn't say there are any "best" armies based on fluff. The fluff of the game is best when all the armies fluff is combined to form the overall game. People are 99% of the time going to base their "my army is the best" argument on their own personal preferences.

So whats my preference? Chaos fluff. The REAL great enemy. Through and through. From old fluff to today. Not any of this new C'Tan hype/crap. I especially love the Chaos vs. Imperial fluff such as the Horus Heresy. After all that sole event is what this whole game is basically based around.

Eldar are more diverse now. For one thing there not only known under the title "Space Elves". But their pretty generic when it comes to fluff. They have their one main story and it differs slightly between craftworlds. Though the War in Heaven is my second favorite fluff story. If your going for diversity, then the generic first founding space marine chapters beat out eldar fluff just based on volume. But you have to remember that the good old marines will always be the GW's poster boys.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Imperial guard are the best.

They face down the myriad terrors of the galaxy armed with carboard and an angry flashlight. And yet they still go to war with a fire in their belly and a prayer on their lips.

And that is just the infantry. The mighty columns of tanks thundering toward an opponent's lines is enough to loosen even the most stalwart soldiers' bowels.
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I say best army based on fluff I mean if there was a be all end all battle who would come out on top based on storyline stuff. I would Argue necron because the require no supply lines, very little logistical support and they can just remake themselves over and over.
    "...and we shall pave our path to the gods with the Skulls of our fallen foes."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say its a toss up between the Nids and Necrons, but i'd be leaning toward the Nids.

IIRC, i read a piece of GW fluff that speculated that the 3 Nids fleets that have attacked, could be scouting fleets. And if the entire actual fleet attacked (from whichever galaxy they've already conquered) the Imperium would be royally screwed. Something along the lines of, if they equiped and trained every single man, woman and child in the whole Imperium, up to the standard of a guardsman, they still would have no chance.

Also, when Nids take over a planet, they absorb ALL of the biomass, including thier dead. So theorectically, if they succeed in taking over a planet, they dont loose much energy / biomass.

Take into account that they're constantly evolving into better bugs, and absorbing all the positive DNA from thier fallen enemies. And the fact that they act as a single entity, one mind, so they have much fewer breakdowns in communication and dont run away / get scared.

They've eaten a whole galaxy before, why cant they do it again?
    If you look down on me, you see a fool.
    If you look up at me, you see a god.
    If you look me straight in the eye, you see yourself.
    - Charles Manson

Cheers,
    JaK

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Because the Emperor said no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it were an all out fluff war, the Imperial Guard would win, because... humans breed like bunnies. With no effort, we could outnumber the tyranid threat a dozen to one. "Oh no! War is coming! Everyone! Take off your pants and go wild!".
    I play my 40k with friendly fire.
    Finally fixed the link!

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You all forget this...

The Imperium holds off all the other armies... at minimum strenght.

Imagine a fully recovered Imperium. That would surely pwn all. Even Necron and 'nid.

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast