A few Imperial questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few Imperial questions

Trying to elaborate my army's fluff lately, I have run into a few deadends that I need to complete the story. So, heres some of the questions I have.This is the fluff if I can setup the link right,http://209.200.246.44/~librariu/foru...t=storm+riders

I know that there are Inquisidors and Inquisidor lords, but are there any lower forms of athourity figures in the inquisition?

Say a Inquisidor knew of a threat , but lacked the evidence to prove to others, could he order a space marine chapter to go with him to meet the threat?

Can A chapter just blow off a Inquisidor of lower status if he were to ask for help?

There is a book, I think its called Dead Sun, Black Sky, about a exiled space marine. How exactly does a marine become exiled?

Does anyone know of any diminished chapters that I could use to include in my fluff?

Cuold there be a black market for space marine geneseed, say a exiled marine joins my chapter, dies, so the Inquisidor barters the marines geneseed back to its original chapter for weapons?

That should be it for now, Thanks...

Last edited by Hubcap; January 3rd, 2007 at 03:34.
    -Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It-
    -It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I know that there are Inquisidors and Inquisidor lords, but are there any lower forms of athourity figures in the inquisition?
    Interrogators are Inquisitors in training, but Basically that's all you have in the inquisition are inquisitors.

Say a Inquisidor knew of a threat , but lacked the evidence to prove to others, could he order a space marine chapter to go with him to meet the threat?
    He can basically order anything he needs, but he doesnt' need evidence. Usually suspicion is reason enough. Generally, an Inquisitor won't requisition Astartes, as they are highly valuable, but aren't to be thrown around lightly. Plus, they are likely to refuse. So, an =][= is more likely to req the Guard or Local Defense forces.

Can A chapter just blow off a Inquisidor of lower status if he were to ask for help?
    They can blow off any =][=, but are less likely to blow off an =][= Lord over an Interrogator.
    There is a book, I think its called Dead Sun, Black Sky, about a exiled space marine. How exactly does a marine become exiled?
    Dishonor to the Chapter, heresy, there are several reasons. You just need to make one up.

Does anyone know of any diminished chapters that I could use to include in my fluff?
    Flesh Tearers, Crimson Fists, what do you mean by diminished?

Cuold there be a black market for space marine geneseed, say a exiled marine joins my chapter, dies, so the Inquisidor barters the marines geneseed back to its original chapter for weapons?
    Not likely. SM geneseed is kept under tight lock and key and Apothecaries make special care to gather up all of it from dead bretheren. If there is any, it probably won't be of any use as some implants require proper maturation or hypnotic techniques that the Chapter Librarians and Apothecaries only know.

I'd stay away from that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

I know that there are Inquisitors and Inquisitor lords, but are there any lower forms of authority figures in the inquisition?
    Adrian got this one. Beyond the rank of "Inquisitor" there's nothing formal about the Inquisition at all. Interrogators/acolytes, whatever you want to call them, have no formal power at all.

I personally think that even "Inquisitor lord" is stretching it to be too hierarchical.

Say an inquisitor knew of a threat, but lacked the evidence to prove to others, could he order a space marine chapter to go with him to meet the threat?

Can A chapter just blow off a Inquisitor of lower status if he were to ask for help?
    He could request them to, as could any inquisitor. Space marines are not able to be commanded by the Inquisition, apart from the Deathwatch and the Grey Knights, as they're a part of their respective ordos. Otherwise, the decision as to whether the chapter goes or stays remains with the chapter.

Depends on the chapter involved.

As said, the Flesh Tearers and the Crimson Fists. The first is almost gone thanks to the Black Rage, the second had their fortress on Rynn's World destroyed by orks. Other examples include the Lamenters and the Scythes of the Emperor, both almost entirely wiped out by Hive Fleet Kraken.

could there be a black market for space marine geneseed, say a exiled marine joins my chapter, dies, so the Inquisitor barters the marines' geneseed back to its original chapter for weapons?
    I doubt it. Geneseed is the most heavily guarded commodity in the Imperium, and very few people know how it's used. If an inquisitor could secure a stock of the chapter's own geneseed that had been lost it would work, but there isn't any "black market" as such.

+ Reply to Thread