Slann Brainboyz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slann Brainboyz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't there something involving mushrooms involved at some point here? I seem to recall there being something about mushrooms...

Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah well one piece of fluff states that when the snotlings ate a specific fungus on a specific planet there true mental capabilities were unlocked. So these super intelligent snotlings then made the warrior caste, Orks, and a secondary slave class Gretchins.

So the brainboyz kicked back and let the orks fight for them and do all the physical labour. Unfortunately for them that included cultivating that special fungus. So one day an ork thinks 'ah sod it' and eats some fungus. It doesn't react with them in the same way as the snotlings but they just like the taste so they proceed to eat all the fungus. So as this fungus only grew on one very special planet the snotligs didn't have a supply so lost their smarts and eventually became the dumb little gits of today becoming their slaves slaves. Just a bit of irony i think GW wanted to throw in.

However all this may now be screwed up with the whole Old Ones making the races to fight the necrontyr. (STOP CHANGING FLUFF YOU UNSCRUPULOUS TITS)

But thats what i know.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes indeed, the original story (which is the one I like) is the one you put forward Mach. but since then I&#39;ve been forced to think about this thing (eeek - I&#39;m an ork).

I&#39;ve also found some fluff on the slann - here&#39;s a quote:

"During the heyday of their empire they discovered and nurtured many primitive creatures encouraging the evolutionary process on countless worlds. For millennia they experimented and played with the galaxy, possibly creating many of the races of modern times in the process. But their empire dwindled, the pace of their civillisation slowed and their genetic experiments were largely abandoned. The Slann retired from an active role in galactic affaires, falling into a long dream of indolence and introspection. They do not seem to have suffered from any physical conflict, there are no records of destructive wars or disasters.

Of course, you are right. The orginal story is the one I like, its just that the Slann fit the role that everyone thinks the snotlings played so well. They, like the snotlings, may not have realized there mistake before it was too late.

(?)
    &quot;Where dere&#39;s wun - dere&#39;s ple&#39;ty more&#33;&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I read some fluff somewhere that the slann are still around, however their empire is in tatters and they are one of tose alien races thats not important enough to get an army list(like those clawed fiend things)
    Also the krork and the slann are said to be different races,both created by the old ones.
    I think the krork are the brainboys who became snots,and like the slann had the power to create servant species(the current orks and grots)
    I know theirs a piece where a C&#39;tan says its surprised to find the krork everywhere but to a C&#39;tan the difference between the Krork and snotlings would be non-existent,and snotlings are by far the most numerous greenskins.
    Just my two cents on the whole thing.
    Reality is the leading cause of stress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Slann were not always the bloated creatures we see in Warhammer.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, very interesting case, Sycopat. The Slann are indeed still around - just not good enough anymore. Poor Slann. Though I think you&#39;re probably right about the Krork being the brainboys - they are very numerous and the C&#39;tan aren&#39;t usually wrong (?&#33. Though it has just occured to me that GW has ditched the snotlings from the 40k range aswell. Dang it&#33; It seems as if they&#39;re favouring the C&#39;tan in this respect.

Will we see the the end of all things old&#33;?

The Slann were not always the bloated creatures we see in Warhammer.
    I do believe they began to get bloated when they gave up hope in the material relm (didn&#39;t excersise or work out). But I&#39;m pretty sure the models were fatties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Dakka Dakka@Feb 17 2004, 08:50
    Yes indeed, the original story (which is the one I like) is the one you put forward Mach. but since then I&#39;ve been forced to think about this thing (eeek - I&#39;m an ork).

I&#39;ve also found some fluff on the slann - here&#39;s a quote:

"During the heyday of their empire they discovered and nurtured many primitive creatures encouraging the evolutionary process on countless worlds. For millennia they experimented and played with the galaxy, possibly creating many of the races of modern times in the process. But their empire dwindled, the pace of their civillisation slowed and their genetic experiments were largely abandoned. The Slann retired from an active role in galactic affaires, falling into a long dream of indolence and introspection. They do not seem to have suffered from any physical conflict, there are no records of destructive wars or disasters.

Of course, you are right. The orginal story is the one I like, its just that the Slann fit the role that everyone thinks the snotlings played so well. They, like the snotlings, may not have realized there mistake before it was too late.

(?)
    The thing is every body gets confused between the Old Ones and the slann. This confusion mainly raises from GW constantly inventing new fluff on how the galaxy was made.

The thing about them fading off into the distance is still kinda right but now it was their war with the necrontyr that made them leave the galaxy to their creations.

Plus the slann were made by the Old Ones as a sort of intermediary between themselves and the lesser races. So Slann and Old Ones are apparently two diffenet beings. It all gets very confusing coz as i said (this is a pet peeve of mine) GW keeps frickin about with the old established fluff like slann and the star child (it does my nut in).

So to recap as it stands now. Old Ones created every one else (humans eldar ork and the slann etc)

War with the necrontyr (introduces Ctan) necrontyr defeated by the combined might of the Old Ones and the races they created so the necrons go to sleep for a bit.

And thats it. Still i think the snotlings being the creators of the orks is much much better and more ironic.

But they (GW) will probably find away to fit everything back together in some terrible jigsaw of events. AHHHHHHHHHHHH
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;

&quot;Where?&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the Slann are definately not the old ones&#33; But I gather from what your saying, Mach, that the Slann withdrew from society as a result of the War against the necrontyr and C&#39;tan but:

They do not seem to have suffered from any physical conflict, there are no records of destructive wars or disasters.
    So, what happened? I figure the fluff has been changed thus far but the Slann themselves couldn&#39;t possibly have fought a physical war - I mean, look at them. So they must&#39;ve had a warrior breed to fight for them, right? The Krork did and they were created by the Old Ones. So I guess the slann did too - they&#39;d have to. The question then remains, who were these warriors? I can&#39;t remember back far enough so any vetreran info. would be nice.

One thing I&#39;ve always found is that WFB Fluff coincides with much of the 40K fluff - not saying it does, just prodding the dead carcase. If you connect the wires, you&#39;ll find the Kroot. Yes, that&#39;s right, the Kroot - 40K lizardmen in distress? Could these strange creatures be the Slann&#39;s fighting force of old?

Come on veterans, show us your wisdom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know what i&#39;m stupid that i never even thought of the kroot as WFB lizardmen before but now it is blaringly obvious to me. (thankyou)

Oh and maybe the fluff is like the old ones were actually very few in number so created the slann to take over most of the managment and then the slann made the humans and eldar to fight the necrontyr.

I&#39;ve never heard of the Krork before and i do pride myself on my useless knowledge of 40K and WFB so im not sure but you say the Krork and slann were both made by the Old Ones and the Krork made ther own warrior caste (who were they?) so maybe all the modern races were the warrior caste of the slann.

I still have to say its all very annoying and confusing.

Oh and on a side note isn&#39;t funny all these really ancient races seem to be like lizards. I mean the Slann look like toads, the Necrontyr were described as lizard or snake like. I for some reason get the image of lizards when i think of the Old Ones (probably coz of the close relationship of Old Ones and Slann)

I think GW are trying to say that the cold bloods are gonna win in the end. Big really clever dinosaurs or something. Sorry im rambling.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

GW is really annoying, why do they change the fluff all the time&#33; its the same as the starchiald fluf.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast