Exorcists Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exorcists Chapter

I've been doing some research on the Space Marine Chapter "The Exorcists", and they are very interesting. I've got some basic info on them, from wiki and lexicanum websites. But beyond paint schemes, specialties and a few dates no real deep fluff. So any help along those lines would be great, such as are they a secretive chapter? Do they work alto with other Imperial forces besides the =][=? Wheres their home world or are the fleet based that sort of thing.

Also I came across a statement saying "they were equipped with the weapons of the demonhunter...". Does this mean they are equipped with Nemesis weapons? do they still use the standard bolter like other chapters? Does "weapons of the demon hunter" mean runes and litanies like that sort of thing. This question is mainly for modeling so any help would be nice.

Two more questions:

Do they use Librarians and are they more powerful because of the temporary possessions

and

How "faithful" are they. As in how zealful do they follow the Emperor. Are they like the Black Templars are more laded back about it.

Thanks for all replies

Salus

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about the librarian question (I'd assume so) but I think the temporary possessions are induced in order to give each marine an understanding of how a daemon works, and the best ideas on how to destroy them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this in the 3rd Armageddon War website. Probably you know them already but hopefully it still helps you.

Exorcists
    Is all good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys

Yes, mr_yano I have read that website, but thank you for caring enough to post, and thank you also Uriel Zarium. Again any replies are appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

I was considering doing an army of the Exorcists a little while ago (before I decided on my Blood Ravens) and I did a fair bit of thinking about what I was going to use for them.

With regard to Librarians, I'd say that the answer is both yes and no. Because of the nature of Librarians and their psychic powers, most of them are probably ravaged by the Daemons that temporarily possess them but those that do survive are likely much more powerful because of the experience. To represent them in game terms, I would make them 0-1 and probably Epistolaries rather than Codiciers, to represent their relative rarity and power.

I wouldn't say that their zeal is a strong enough trait to warrant using the Black Templars' rules although any chapter that was dedicated to hunting down and destroying daemons would need to have very strong faith in the Emperor. There is more than one way to express one's faith than simply through Righteous Zeal, however, and it is likely their faith is very much hardened by having survived a daemonic possession. As Uriel Zarium said, the ritual is likely meant to give each Marine an intuitive understanding of how the daemon works and how best to destroy them.

As for being equipped with "the weapons of the exorcist" or daemonhunter, whichever it was, I would assume that they use the standard weapons used by any other Space Marine chapter with few notable exceptions, except that their weapons will likely have been blessed by their Chaplains to allow them to damage daemonic flesh. They don't, however, necessarily have the power to compromise the daemon's very essence as psycannons do because such weapons are exceedingly rare. As long as you give them plenty of litanies and wards as well as making their weapons look suitably blessed, you should be fine.

Books should feature prominently as well, I suppose, as every Marine probably needs to be able to perform an "on-the-spot" exorcism in case the daemon has not yet fully manifested.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Liberians idea sounds about right to me.

I'm glad to here someone else thinks they'd use the regular SM weapons. I think "weapons of the Exorcists" is really referring to runes, hexagramic stuff, and Litanies that are used against demons. So modeling wise I think I'm going to make alot of CC units, cause of their "increased levels of agitation", books like you said, and plenty of paper and dark robes. Almost make them look like Dark Monks/Knights.

As for traits I read some where that they should have "Purity Above all else" and "Have Faith in Suspicion". These made no sense at all to me. The Exorcists work closely with the Inquisition, especially the DeamonHunters that usually use psykers. So the drawback HFiS just didn't seem to feel Right to me

And "Purity Above all else" ok maybe the name fits abut but what the trait gives you doesn't add up, so heres what I'm going to use...

For an Advantage I'm using:

"Take the fight to Them" again because of their heightened adrenaline levels and lowered seratonine (sp?) levels

As for a Drawbacks:

"Death Before Dishonor" because of their lower soratonine (which basically controls your happiness) levels I see these guys as a sombre group. There for if they are hopelessly being defeated are what ever other situation you can think of, they probably wont give a damn and just keep on killing or trying to complete the mission no matter the cost. At least thats what I'm feeling their vibe is.

Mind you most of this is me going off of how I think a Exorcists army should "feel" like
    So if you have any suggestions and can give a good reason to back it up, I'm all ears.

Again thank you for your replies.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I think what you've got looks pretty good, but I think that something that would work really well is including Grey Knight (either termies or regular) allies would work really well in this army.
    They would represent the chapter's elite, who are armed with the chapters best weapons and armour, etc etc.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salus View Post
    The Liberians idea sounds about right to me.

I'm glad to here someone else thinks they'd use the regular SM weapons. I think "weapons of the Exorcists" is really referring to runes, hexagramic stuff, and Litanies that are used against demons. So modeling wise I think I'm going to make alot of CC units, cause of their "increased levels of agitation", books like you said, and plenty of paper and dark robes. Almost make them look like Dark Monks/Knights.

As for traits I read some where that they should have "Purity Above all else" and "Have Faith in Suspicion". These made no sense at all to me. The Exorcists work closely with the Inquisition, especially the DeamonHunters that usually use psykers. So the drawback HFiS just didn't seem to feel Right to me

And "Purity Above all else" ok maybe the name fits abut but what the trait gives you doesn't add up, so heres what I'm going to use...

For an Advantage I'm using:

"Take the fight to Them" again because of their heightened adrenaline levels and lowered seratonine (sp?) levels

As for a Drawbacks:

"Death Before Dishonor" because of their lower soratonine (which basically controls your happiness) levels I see these guys as a sombre group. There for if they are hopelessly being defeated are what ever other situation you can think of, they probably wont give a damn and just keep on killing or trying to complete the mission no matter the cost. At least thats what I'm feeling their vibe is.

Mind you most of this is me going off of how I think a Exorcists army should "feel" like
    So if you have any suggestions and can give a good reason to back it up, I'm all ears.

Again thank you for your replies.

I agree with Death before Dishonor, but I'm thinking Purity above All and No Mercy, No Respite would be better traits to give them. NMNR's upgrade represents their desire to destroy the daemon properly, I think. These two traits also make the chapter Pious and Dutiful. The major disadvantage would most likely be Eye to Eye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Personally, I really, really didn't like the idea of the exorcists.. It was just a bit 'hax marines with t3h kewl powers of t3h daemons but they revere t3h emporer!' for my liking. Personal taste though.

I just don't think it meshes with the theme of daemonic possession as presented elsewhere in the universe. In every other case, being possessed doesn't make you uber, it probably just makes you monkey buggeringly crazy. Yet these guys are somehow the exception.

I dunno.. It's nothing to do with how 'out there' it is, it's just the theme. Even the grey knights have all that cool mystique and air of the unknown to justify their formidable nature. The exorcists were just 'daemons = pwnage!'

For rules, I think everyone has had good ideas.. Given how little info their is, I'd say you're free to tweak the mechanics in a huge range of different directions to represent how you see the exorcist chapter working.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys for your input. (Yes even you Mantis)

I'll probably be posting an army list soon

So thanks again

Salus
    Last edited by Salus; February 1st, 2007 at 02:40.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast