Saim-Hann: A new era - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Saim-Hann: A new era

Well armed with an understanding of what fluff really is I went to work on a back stroy for my Eldar Saim-Hann army. I do not use skimmers as typical Saim-Hann do. I will eventually be a mix of all the craftworlds but still retain the Saim-Hann color scheme and symbol. However the story that I wrote was two large to put in this forum so I posted it in the Fiction forum as the rules say to do. Here is the link:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...n-new-era.html

My army list is as follows right now:

Havlon - Singing Spear, Doom
    Dire Avengers x2 - 9 Avengers, Exarch, 2 Avenger Cats, Bladestorm
    Pathfinders - 6 pathfinders
    Striking Scorpions - 7 Scorpions, Exarch, Scorpion claw, Shadowstrike
    Fire Dragons - 6 Dragons (mounted in falcon)
    Falcon - scatter laser, vector engines, spirit stones, holo field

I hope you all enjoy the story and any imput is very welcome!

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I just don't think it's neccesary to be so.. monumental about it. Even before the wild riders list was removed, you could always make a Saim Hann army with the standard codex rules because, fundamentally all the craftworlds are eldar craftworlds and function in a similar way with a few minor differences. The 'fluffy list' suggestions are really just guidelines.. It's perfectly reasonable to have a Saim Hann army with a lot of aspect warriors and a farseer.. The only fundamental difference between Saim Hann and the other craftworlds is the emphasis on family ties. So yeah, Saim Hann overall might use more skimmers, but that doesn't mean you need a fluffy reason as to why your army doesn't.. It's just the exception from the norm.

The fluff is good though.. I just think 'we all got lost and met up then decided to form an army' is overdone..

EDIT: I just had an idea.. Saim Hann eldar fight in family groups, if I remember. So if you need a reason for your army to fight together just make them part of the same wild rider clan. Any bias in their composition can then be explained by family traditions, outlook and conventions rather than using random chance or Deus Ex Machina. From the looks of your list, perhaps the family are either fairly warlike or fairly pious followers of Khaine and have a long tradition of service in the aspect shrines.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; January 28th, 2007 at 18:10.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

I understand what you are saying man but I feel I should elaborate on a couple things.

My story was merely meant to describe how my Saim-Hann Clan came to be.

Also, family ties are very important to the Saim-Hann, and it does not say that ALL clans are composed of mainly jetbikes. From what I gather it is jsut more common to find jetbike oriented clans within Saim-Hann, and these are known as Wild Rider Clans. Saim-Hann also mobilizes more shining spears then any other craftworld. So going by that it could be assumed that even a non Wild Rider Clan would still be more enclined to incorperate shinning spears over say aspect warriors. This going back to the phylosophy behind their craftworld. Striking fast and lethal like the Daggersnake that is the symbol of their craftworld.

So do I really need a fluffy reason for why my Clan does not use jetbikes...No. I jus think it is fun to have a fluffy story as to why they employ the units that they do. Why favor aspect warriors over jetbikes.

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

+ Reply to Thread