cursed chapters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cursed chapters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cursed chapters

hey, i was dont know if this has been posted much before but i was wandering if any one has used a cursed chapter.
    i whant to start a black dragon army and am not shore what chapter traites are best to use.
    thnx for any help.

"i will lose my mind
    make it real this time
    to leave it all behind
    i won't cry wolf
    show me a sign
    planets will align
    i'm gunna blow my mind
    i won't cry wolf"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Well because of the special elite assault marines they are known for, I would suggest

"Blessed be the Warriors" or "No Mercy no Respite" to give Furious Charge to many of your units.

A second trait could possibly be "Take the Fight to Them" if you want to go for a mechanized assault.

Drawbacks are "We Stand ALone" as a minor (they don't like the Inquisition). A major would probably be "Flesh over Steel" or "Aspire to Glory depending on your army list.
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

minus t uses the Black Dragons.

Have a look in the shadowy Flame Clan. I'm sure all your questions will be answered in there. I have a Lamenters army and everyone in the clan is very helpful.

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

First off, crucefix88, could you do a little bit with your spelling, do a bit of capitalizing, and mix a little grammer in your posts? Thanks.

I'm moving this to the fluff section, where I think it will get a better response.

*boot!*

~Yoss
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

An issue of Chapter Approved centred around the Cursed Founding also contains rules modifications for most of the aforementioned cursed Chapters, including the Black Dragons mutants. I'm not sure if they're still valid with 4th edition, but definitely check it out for ideas.

You'd have to find counts-as rules to get the blade-armed mutants, otherwise. You could possibly play using Blood Angels rules and paint them as Black Dragons; there's similarities between the ossmodula mutation and the Black Rage, notably in that both sufferers get put in elite suicide assault squads.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I'm a little curious myself as to where Lamenters fall into things. I remember seeing them painted up in the Blood Angels codex, but given that they 'conquered' the red thirst, does that mean they still field as a blood angels codex chapter, or as a 'vanilla' chapter?

The screwball chapters are always so much fun... Where do they sell the chapter approved books at anyway? I've always wanted to field some of those Fire Hawk 'Damned' Marines along side my Reconcilers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i whant to start a black dragon army and am not shore what chapter traites are best to use.
    thnx for any help.
    I would say that using traits to get Furious Assault for your assault squads would be your best bet, as that gives you more control over the size of the units than rolling for DC. Also the Blood Angel codex is being redone at some point in the near(ish) future, and that may affect your army.

I'm a little curious myself as to where Lamenters fall into things. I remember seeing them painted up in the Blood Angels codex, but given that they 'conquered' the red thirst, does that mean they still field as a blood angels codex chapter, or as a 'vanilla' chapter?
    The Lamenters are apparently the result of combining BA gene-seed with that of other Chapters to remove the flaw. It was thought to be successful, but they suffer from unbelievable bad luck, like fighting on the wrong side in the Baddab uprising, and then going on a penitent crusade right into the path of a hive fleet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    The Lamenters are apparently the result of combining BA gene-seed with that of other Chapters to remove the flaw. It was thought to be successful, but they suffer from unbelievable bad luck, like fighting on the wrong side in the Baddab uprising, and then going on a penitent crusade right into the path of a hive fleet.
    Oh, I know their fluff. Thats why I was asking.
    The lamenters are included in the blood angels codex book, indicating that one could field them as a 'blood angels' force as opposed to a 'standard' marine force.

But as you said, they basically removed the flaws that characterize the blood angels and their inheritor chapters ruleswise.

Generally, I'd think the Lamenters got out of the Cursed Founding 'easy' compared to the others.

Growing bone prods, spontaneously lighting on fire, and being lost in the warp in a state of living death, seem somewhat worse then being the universe's whipping boy.

Course the Lamenters either because of their chapter's history, or their geneseed, are supposedly morose, depressive and apathetic marines. Which always seemed a little weird to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Oh, I know their fluff. Thats why I was asking.
    Ok, sorry. Did the Lamenters have rules in the Chapter Approved book? I would use them with the faithful unto death trait, but I can't think of an advantage for them.

The lamenters are included in the blood angels codex book
    The blood Angels book was written before the cursed founding rules, so I would assume they used a Chapter that did not see much, and changed their rules.

Growing bone prods, spontaneously lighting on fire, and being lost in the warp in a state of living death, seem somewhat worse then being the universe's whipping boy.
    I don't know, having blades growing out of you could come in handy. It'd make taking an elbow in the stomach even less pleasant.:tongue:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

*leaps to the rescue*

I play Black Dragons, and have done since before the CA article came out (I first started them when they were mentioned in the 3rd War for Armageddon campaign).

Basically, you can go about it in 2 ways.
    First, get a copy of the CA article (I think it is in the 2004 annual), and see what GW did with the cursed chapters. Basically, there are some pretty harsh restrictions on what you can take, but you get some fun advantages and a few new units. If you ask your opponent, and show them the rules and stuff, they probably will be cool with letting you play them. Obviously not tournament viable though

Secondly, read all the fluff you can get, and try and improvise some rules with traits/alternative armies.
    Personally, my Black Dragons have the traits:
    • No Mercy, No Respite (furious charge on assault marines, pretty self explanatory).
    • See, But Don't Be Seen (the chapter suffered quite heavy losses in Armageddon, so the survivors are generally those who were already fairly experienced, thus access to a (traditionally) veteran ability).
    • Aspire To Glory (heavy losses plus relatively few initial resources = few dreads/termies)
    • Faithful Unto Death (heavy losses again)
    I don't really like the Blood Angels rules for the Black Dragons because the Death Company is very different to the Dragon Claws, and I'm not hot on everyone havng furious charge, as that isn't really very fluffy, IMO.

As for other Cursed Founding chapters, Lost Nemesis and I spent a little while coming up with ways to play them, and have a few things that kinda work:
    • Sons of Antaeus: Death Guard/Nurgle CSM, with almost no chaos-y wargear (other than that which has an Imperial counterpart (ie: mutation = terminator honours))
    • Minotaurs: No Mercy, No Respite, Have Faith in Suspicion (essentially Imperial Berzerkers)
    • Legion of the Damned: Everything uses Drop Pods (ie: hell gates/portals, this one is pretty ropey)
    • Lamenters: Personally, I can't figure these guys out.
    • Flame Falcons: This one is pretty tricky, and we couldn't really figure out a good way to do it. Maybe Space Wolves would work, with as many Rune Priests as you can get (mobile cover saves = flame stuff)

Anyway, thats what I think.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast