all vespid tau army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all vespid tau army.

my friend has the idea of making an all vespid army using the tau codex. he plans to convert a bunch of the vespid models so they can fill all the roles of the army. he is having trouble coming up with a reason that would explain this strange army though. so i am asking the fluff experts here on LO for help for him. so what do you think folks?

Last edited by Zoloft; February 17th, 2007 at 03:54.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

That would not be a legal army since using the tau codex you must include a fire warrior squad and some form of Tau H.Q (a ethereal or a commander in crisis battlesuit).
    maybe you could suggest using the lost and damned codex, and use the mutant troops with winged option. And a H.Q (Chaos Veterans) with a jump packs?
    Just an idea if your friend want to field an entire Vespid army in a legal game.
    If you and your freind were willing to overlook minor rule bending you could field sqauds of Stingwing's as troops and H.Q choices and still use the the Vespids weapons.

Fluff wise, may I suggest the idea of a Vespid colony world of some kind, and this world has come under attack by alien attack ( imperial forces would be alien to the Vespid.)
    The Vespid are very lovely looking models and a whole army of them whilst expensive would be highly rated by alien lovers such as myself !
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what do you mean that it wouldn't be a legal army? i thought that you were allowed to convert different models for your army as long as they were games workshop miniatures. it's very disappointing if that is not the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

No no. You can convert models to use as "counts as" (so that Vespid with the big headcrest "counts as a commander or something" but it might not be legal since Vespid only work as detachments for Tau armies.

(I am not a Tau player so im extrapolating)

Im sure your army would be "legal" if you have the Tau models substituted by conversions of Vespids via the "counts as" rules.

Does that make sense?

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

im sorry maybe was i not very clear,
    by 'legal army' i mean Vespid are a fast attack choice only.
    to have a legal game army you must include two troops choices
    (one of them must be a fire warrior squad )
    and a H.Q choice. You can only include 3 fast attack unit. Im not sure if there is a limit
    to how many Vespid units( im off home now and i will check but im not back online
    till monday)

i never meant to confuse legal army lists ( like what you would use in a tornement
    and using other companies mini's which is alway a big NO NO in 40k games unless your at home playing with friends and not at g.w shop or event) Using Vespid models in other armies as conversions is fine.

That is if you are a making a Tau Empire army.
    please refer to the Tau Empire codex and the 40k rule if you don not understand
    this.
    Like i said before a lost and The damned army may ea better choice for this style of army
    but the Vespid can not be armed with their signerture (sp) carbine weapon.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Boo boom, he's referring to using a Vespid model to represent a Tau Commander, using the Tau Commander's rules and points cost. And for Fire Warriors he uses non-winged Vespids and says they have pulse rifles, or somesuch. He's essentially playing a Tau army with Vespid models representing Tau units.

It's definitely not fluffy, but it could work. As I understand it, Vespid are controlled by their little helmets. Supposedly, if you got a whole bunch in one place without a Tau commander to control them, the mind control would break down.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for clarifying for me. i understand the rule now and i have some fluff ideas floating around my brain. i will post some later when i have thought about it a bit more.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

Oh wow, I had an idea just like this.. but oh wait, I would have tau models representing vespids because those models look like bats that rode the short bus. Same rules for vespid, but tau with experimental quick burst jump packs, that can either use the ionic waste as a afterburner (fleet) or ion charged shot (neutron blaster).

I'm pretty sure this is perfectly legal, but probably would need extreme explaining to tournament organizers. Like, why do these vespids move slower, use weaker weapons, and lack wings (*pssst* say their infants)
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really like the idea of justifying slower vespids by claiming the are not fully grown. okay, here is some fluff stuff.

the helmet of one of the leader vespids malfunctions or somthing. which breaks him out of whatever trance it had him in. he realzes what is going on so he takes his squad of vespids and flees. it isn't safe to go back to their home planet since it is part of the tau empire now. so they find an abandoned world and set up base there. ever since that point they have been fighting the tau to rescue their kin and they fight other races for supplies and stuff. they have managed to steal several battlesuits from the tau as well as some crates full of various weaponry. the ethereals cover up their exploits so the other castes don't get suspicious.

it's a start. so what do people think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i once read in a white dwarf that the vespid the tau take to battle are the larger, stronger and generally tougher females. so since there hasnt been a representation of a male yet you could change the vespid counting as fire warriors by like clipping their wings off or shortening claws, antenaes etc. i like the idea alot though thatd be very interesting to play with. as for fluff hmmmm i like zolofts idea of the communion helm malfunctioning and them being self proclaimed outcasts alot, maybe they could be a branch of the O'Shovah seperatists?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast