Tau Story - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau Story

Kickin @$$ on Rusty Skull's T2 server... or at school... or at my Warhammer club!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new to the forums but here is my story.

Excerpt from the holo-diary of Aun'Shi - Year 40,098, Day 39 of my diary
    ----------------------------------------------------
    {_-Transmission Begin-_} Things are bleak, war has torn the battlegroup of mine far from any support for the greater good. We have been ravenged by the random Ork ship. Our primary opponent is the evil Space Marines. We, however, are blessed with railguns, allowing for our battlesuits and engineers to add their unused weapons onto our vehicles, troops and battlesuits. {_-Transmission End-_}

With this statement made, allow all Tau troops to weild Space Marine weapons, only vehicles can use any sort of heavy weapon, with the exception to the assualt cannons and the plasma cannons which battlesuits can carry as either a weapon choice, or a co-axial weapon, mounted next to the cockpit.

Excerpt from the holo-diary of Aun'Shi - Year 40,099, Day 69 of my diary
    ---------------------------------------------------
    {_-Transmission Begin-_} More bad news, our last stealth suits were killed. This amounts to a serious loss in strength. Our numbers now look like so:
    120 Fire Warriors
    80 Kroot
    4 Kroot Ox
    12 Kroot Hounds
    15 XV-8 Crisis Suits
    9 XV-88 Broadside Suits
    3 Hammerhead (two with railgun, one with ion cannon)
    60 Pathfinders
    4 Devilfish
    4 Shaper
    20 Engineers
    ----------------
    Regrettably, this is only one-fifth of our starting force. We seem to have found a dead Orca, perhaps our engineers can fix it and we could send for help. This I can only hope. {_-Transmission End-_}

From now on, the army can have no Stealth Suits.
    The numbers you saw there sound a bit high, I know. It is meant to be a group of people using a united Tau force for the greater good.

This is only a start, if you want to use it, continue it and put it up for me.

I will post engineer rules later.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things....
    1) There's no way that any Tau would say that its year 40,998 or anything even close. More likely they'd set year Zero as the appearance of the Ethereals what, 3000 years ago?
    2) Why would Tau want to use inferior Space Marine technology?

Kickin @$$ on Rusty Skull's T2 server... or at school... or at my Warhammer club!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because dumb @$$, they are stranded. No Tau can find them, they are lost. Yes, the year should start at zero, but it shouldn't be at te beginning of the trip. YOU CREATE THAT PART.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No no no u can't take criticism for one and tau would never use Space Marine i believe they wouldn't be able to carry heavy space marine weapons a bolter would way a ***** load for a 4 or so foot tau firewarrior and how the !@$^ would they mount an awfully crude and dangerous weapon plasma cannon on a battlesuit u putz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh huh. If you want to try this, let's start by requiring you to use the Farsight Enclave rules - a lot of your elites just became 0-1. This is very fluffy for the story you're telling and you're just doing this because of the fluff, not because you want to powergame like a munchkin from hell, right? So, no stealth suits, broadsides 0-1. We'll let you have ethereals instead of stealth suits within your fluff (fair enough).

The deal breaker is that little crisis suit brainstorm you had. "Well, I can't have stealth suits, so it's fair that I can mount plasma cannons and assault cannons on my crisis suits. One of each, with a multi-tracker. Or, my Fire Knife configuration crisis can put in an assault cannon or a plasma cannon on the chest of the suit in a co-axial mount."

Okaaaay. I can't imagine anybody anywhere letting you play that.

I could see maybe swapping out an XV88's TL rail gun for a TL plasma cannon or assault cannon, but that's it and I'm not sure how I'd point it. Tau have NO blast weapons and only one ordnance template. This is not accidental, and changing this fact raises all sorts of balance issues.

I would consider allowing the "co-axial" mounting of a plasma cannon on a crisis if and only if because it isn't on a normal hardpoint, it isn't hooked into the recoil adapting system so the Recoil Stabilizer rule doesn't apply. i.e. it can't fire if you move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by 333@Feb 15 2004, 08:47
    A few things....
    1) There's no way that any Tau would say that its year 40,998 or anything even close. More likely they'd set year Zero as the appearance of the Ethereals what, 3000 years ago?
    2) Why would Tau want to use inferior Space Marine technology?
    sorry to be picky, but it's more like 300 years ago. They are barely 2000 years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, Tau are extremely evolved for there race... and I think it was nearly 6000 years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We seem to have found a dead Orca, perhaps our engineers can fix it and we could send for help. This I can only hope.
    I'm sorry but "a dead orca" sounds like you are at a kindergardners level of grammer. Also I think that the Tau would not touch a SM wepon because they are too blocky and big, so that would not make any sence...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. You spell Grammar with an E. Nuff Said.

2. A dead orca would be a proper term for a blown up or damaged ship.
    I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops that wasn't good, also is it fair that I was typing more than a word a second and accidentlly hit a wrong key? Also "Nuff" that is spelled Enough so don't criticize me on grammar and make a mistake in the same sentence!

But 'a dead orca' sounds like he found a whale so I don't think that that is the proper term, but a term would be a downed or a crashed Orca Dropship to make it seem as the ship and not a whale that flopped on shore and was being built into a cyborg.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast