My Guard Regiment-any fluff ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Guard Regiment-any fluff ideas?

101st Corhan

My regiment's homeworld, Corhan, is located in the Segmentum Solar, not too far away from Cadia. Founded in the years before the Horus Heresy, Corhan prospered, and witnessed little fighting in the horus heresy due to its many, well disciplined regiments and battleships protecting the system. A major part of Corhan's defence lies in the fact that a warp storm engulfed the region for exactly half the horus heresy, thus shielding Corhan from the traitor legions' remorseless assaults.

During abbadon's black crusade, Corhan constantly sent several regiments to aid Cadia and nearby systems. Also in the 41st millienium, Corhan experienced its first Dark Eldar raid. It has since been been better prepared. During the second raid, the Corhan PDF annihalated the Dark Eldar, while the populace where sheltered in Fortress cities across Corhan.

The most notable Corhan regiment, the 101st has been known for its discipline and faith in the Imperial Cause. The regiment has seen much action, and only accepts new recruits straight from Corhan. The regiment has fought the Tau empire on several occasions in the eastern fringe of the Imperium, and inflicted massive casualties on the Tau, for little of their own guardsmen. (my own experienes) At one time, The regiment annihalated a raid by the Eldar Craftworld of the Ulthwee on the agricultural world Fenthia, when it was policing the local populace during a rebellion.

The 101st's Regimental Commander, Lord Herius Ceasrius is still alive to this day, and has won fame and accord, when he fought the orks on Armageddon, and pushed back Alpha legion on the island world of Tanhelia, with the assistance of Colonel Schafer's Penal Legon, and the 374th Tanhel Regiment. The armour of the regiment is typically cadian issue, but with different regimental colours, symbols, and flak armour colour, due to Corhan importing Massive ammounts of Cadian equipment in return for exporting raw materials to Cadia to assist in the War Effort.

The majority of the regiment is stationed on the planetary system of Balius Prime.

This is my first attempt at fluff, so any constructive crticism on my Regiment's backround would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Comments At All????????????????????????????????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Cadia is in Segmentum Obscuras, far away from Segmentum Solar (*Clicky* for map).

Don't have time to comment more atm, but I'll see if I can get back to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops, my bad. the 40k rule book map makes it look like segmentum solar is just below it. I thought i could say Corhan is on the borderline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

It's too good.

I'm just saying, your Regiment is too good. They -pushed back- the Alpha Legion? The same Alpha legion that's been doing nothing but fighting for nigh on ten thousand years, armed with the most sophisticated weaponry and armor the Imperium has ever developed? Even with the help of other regiments, the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Lasgun vs Power Armor = Ineffective
    Lasgun vs Space Marine in Power Armor = Joke
    Heavy Bolter vs Space Marine in Power Armor = Dead Space Marine
    Chaos Raptor vs Heavy Bolter Crew = Slaughter

A company of Space Marines could eliminate your regiment, with minimal casualties if they're smart. I'll give you the death tolls for imperial forces during a Tyranid attack on a planet (can't remember the name)

3,000,000 dead guardsmen
    20 dead ultramarines
    2 dead titan crews.

That is the best example of how incredibly good the Space Marines are compared to a guardsman I know of. That is the number one rule to remember: No matter how much you may love your guardsmen, a squad of Space Marines could easily take on the equivalent of a Company of Imperial Guard with a 90% chance of victory. If not better. They are the most elite, fanatical, well equipped killing machines that humanity has to offer. It's debatable in fact, if anything really out does them. Tau battlesuits lack experience, Eldar lack staying power, Orks are just stupid, and Tyranids rely on numbers. Lets not forget that a single company of Ultramarines held off an entire Hive Fleet (The First Company, granted, and they all died). That is how good they are.

And then we have Alpha Legion. They've been doing this for... a lot longer than most loyalists. It's more like they attack, you die, and hope that some Space Marines with a chip on their shoulder come before the Alpha Legion slaughters you all. It's like that.

(I'm not saying it isn't possible that your regiment was THERE to help push back the Alpha Legion... But it would be with the help of Space Marines, most undoubtably.)

P.S. - I went that in depth because you said this is your first attempt at fluff. I took that to mean that you hadn't read much of the story either. If you knew this, then ignore me. Hopefully someone else will post and correct anything wrong I said as well.
    "My capacity for hard work is immense. It's my willingness to do said work that's lacking..."

Fluffmaster Clan Member

Shas'El A'ava Mont'Ein D'ran O'Kroot - Tau Fluff HERE

Paintwater cup != tea mug catbarf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x2)

Ok... that whole 'Space Marines own all' argument is completely based off the books I suppose- the game is the heart of the fluff, and so in 'reality' each Marine is only worth 2.5 Guardsmen. And the 1st Company was all Terminators, had the support of several regiments of Guard, several other companies of 'normal' Space Marines, and many Titans, and were only fighting the few Nids that got on the planet before the fleet in orbit got WTFPWN3D.
    If you think Mathammer doesn't work and dice cannot be predicted, there's a whole field of mathematics called probability that would like to disagree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Indeed - now CHAOS Space Marines, *those* pwn something fierce. Think about it, all the genetic enhancements of Space Marines, daemonically infused with the Ruinous powers of Chaos, more than 10 thousand years of experience in military tactics, warfare strategy and fighting on the front lines. - They've survived against ALL odds, even with the entire Imperium geared after them.

Now those are some tough cookies. I'd say they're worth twice as much as regular SMs *nods* nuff said Bwahaha.

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My revised history of my regiment:

101st Corhan

My regiment's homeworld, Corhan, is located on the borders of the Segmentum Solar and the Segmentum Obscurus, halfway to Cadia From Armageddon. Founded in the years before the Horus Heresy, Corhan prospered, and witnessed little fighting in the horus heresy due to its many, well disciplined regiments and battleships protecting the system. A major part of Corhan's defence lies in the fact that a warp storm engulfed the region for exactly half the horus heresy, thus shielding Corhan from the traitor legions' remorseless assaults.

During abbadon's black crusade, Corhan constantly sent several regiments to aid Cadia and nearby systems. Also in the 41st millienium, Corhan experienced its first Dark Eldar raid. It has since been been better prepared. During the second raid, the Corhan PDF pushed back the Dark Eldar, while the populace where sheltered in Fortress cities across Corhan.

The most notable Corhan regiment, the 101st has been known for its discipline and faith in the Imperial Cause. The regiment has seen much action, and only accepts new recruits straight from Corhan. The regiment has fought the Tau empire on several occasions in the eastern fringe of the Imperium, and inflicted humiliating defeats on them. At one time, The regiment destroyed a raid by the Eldar Craftworld of the Ulthwee with the aid of the 3rd Falladonian Rifles on the agricultural world Fenthia, when it was policing the local populace during a rebellion.

The 101st's Regimental Commander, Lord Herius Ceasrius is still alive to this day, and has won fame and accord, when he fought the orks on Armageddon, and pushed back a Night Lords raid on the island world of Tanhelia, with the assistance of Tanhelian PDF Regiments, and the Space Marine chapter of the Raven Guard. The armour of the regiment is typically cadian issue, but with different regimental colours, symbols, and flak armour colour, due to Corhan importing Massive ammounts of Cadian equipment in return for exporting raw materials to Cadia to assist in the War Effort.

The majority of the regiment is stationed on the planetary system of Balius Prime.

How is my fluff now? more believable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I thought it was fine the first time.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by catbarf View Post
    Ok... that whole 'Space Marines own all' argument is completely based off the books I suppose- the game is the heart of the fluff, and so in 'reality' each Marine is only worth 2.5 Guardsmen. And the 1st Company was all Terminators, had the support of several regiments of Guard, several other companies of 'normal' Space Marines, and many Titans, and were only fighting the few Nids that got on the planet before the fleet in orbit got WTFPWN3D.
    What? No! The game is NOT the heart of the fluff! The fluff is NOT based on the game! The game IS based on the fluff!

Curly is right, the Space Marines insanely and ridicously super-powerful! They WTFPWN anything. They are the finest warriors in the galaxy for a reason!

The 1st Ultramarine company was instrumental in defeating the forces of Hive Fleet Behemoth. They alone hold the Notheren Polar Defenses. While everyone died, they succeded in holding of the attack of the entire hive fleet.

Another example is in the Sabbats Crusade were one company of Raptor marines cleared an entire Hive city of cultists in a week or so, when it had took several regiments of Guard to only dent the cities defences in over a month of figthing.

One Space Marine in Power Armour could take on a hundred regular men (both the marine and men without weapons except fists) and win.

As for the new fluff, a lot better. If they saw a lot of action against the Night Lords on that world then they would probably have lost a lot of men. You could mention that it was a hard-won victory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast