Mo' Kroot Fluff! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

Mo' Kroot Fluff!

Hey guys, after 2 weeks of dead internet at the house with this document saved on it, I'm back! (kinda, was able to post at other house...). ANyways, here's my next piece of Kroot Mercs fluff. I hope you enjoy it!

Commander Tir’K’al fired his thrusters, skimming low over the broken ground, his Cylclonic Ion Blaster spinning furiously, pumping blast after blast of burning energy into the Eldar lines, felling the Arcane warriors with ease. He alighted behind the rubble of what might have once been a church, checking his tactical displays to locate his next targets. He grinned in cruel satisfaction has he noted a Hammerhead Gunship fire a solid-shot projectile as tall as he was into a speeding Wave Serpent, the majestic skimmer catching fire immediately and going into a spinning dive, Guardians fleeing before the flaming catastrophe. The vehicle exploded brilliantly, sending bodies and shrapnel flying in every direction, mowing down all near by. His smile faded when he found his Stealth suit unit hard pressed from two directions, storm of shurikens whirring into the ruins in which the ‘Stealths lay. But then the fire decreased significantly, redirected towards the incoming Crisis team.
    Tir’K’al’s vox hummed into life, and the voice of one of his Fire Warrior Shas’Os broke his concentration.

“Sir, request assistance! Aspect Warriors inbound, I believe they’re Scorpions!” The commander checked his displays again, and clenched his teeth. Indeed, a squad of Striking Scorpions had snuck through the thick rubble towards his Fire Warriors, and where now sprinting full-tilt towards the bewildered Tau.
    “Shas’O, fall back! I repeat, fall back! Retreat behind Broadside unit four and open fire!” The Fire Warrior complied, and the small icons of the unit started a slow trek towards the Tau lines. The commander peeked out from his hiding place and noted a small squad of the ‘Dark Reaper’ Aspect Warriors laying down a bewildering volume of fire from a small building to his right. He was about to boost out towards the new enemies, but caught a glimpse of movement behind the Reapers. The Eldar obviously had not seen or heard whatever it was, and Tir’K’al waited intently. A scream, and the missile barrage the Aspect Warriors were launching ceased. More screams, what sounded like high-pitched clicking sounds, a scuffle, and then silence issued from the building. The commander grinned broadly inside his Crisis helmet as the Kroot Carnivore squad leaped from the building and ran furiously and amazingly quickly towards an unsuspecting unit of Guardians harboring a bright lance platform.

Tir’K’al hadn’t time to enjoy the inevitable slaughter, as his Stealths were again under massive pressure. He jetted out from his cover, making straight for the endangered Tau squad. Then, he was wrenched to the side, and then again, and again and again and again, wrenched this way and that a thousand times in a second. He fell hard into the dusty rubble, his mechanical legs sparking dangerously. Dazed, he surveyed the damage to his suit. Shurikens stuck from literally every inch of his Crisis armor on one side, several mere centimeters from braking though into his body. A BladeStorm had hit him, it had to have been. Before he could try to rise, his vox hummed once again.

“Sir! Scorpions! They’ve reached the line! Broadsides 3 and 4 are down! Retreating to tactical-“ a scream of agony could just be heard above the whirring of chain swords and the swishing of shurikens as the Scorpions hit. Panicking, the commander checked his displays in horror to find the left flank crumbling under the press of the vicious aspect warriors. More Eldar were breaching the firing area, heading straight for the Tau. A Wave Serpent full of Howling Banshees screamed over his head, and the female warriors piled out and charged at a nearby Crisis unit. Things were not going as planned. In desperation, the Commander did the only thing he could think of.

“All Kroot units! Back to the line! Intercept the Eldar! They must not reach combat!” A quick chirping whistle was the only reply, and the Kroot started sprinting towards the offending Eldar. Yes, the Eldar had not noticed! They would be taken by surprised! The day would be won! But then something else happened. Something Tir’K’al had not planned. The Kroot reached the Eldar, but merely sprinted past, leaping rubble and bodies, closing the distance between the terrified Tau in the blink of an eye. They ripped into the first Fire Warrior squad, the Tau not even getting a chance to draw close-combat weapons before being dismembered and eaten. A wave of Kroot rolled over the Tau line, screaming and whistling and tearing the frail race apart. There hadn’t been this many Kroot to begin with! They were coming out of the ruins, everywhere, surrounding the Tau forces and cutting them down.
    Horrorstruck, the commander mumbled the first word in his bewildered mind.
    “Treachery…” He tried to grasp onto logic and reason, tried to use them to solve his dilemma. It had been a plot, it must had been. From the very beginning! It was all set up, all planned. The Kroot were coordinating with the Eldar, and had been for days, at least. This was the only explanation that Tir’K’al could, would accept. He mumbled “Treachery…” again and again, his mumbles eventually rising in pitch and volume, becoming shouts, then screams of outrage.

“Traitors!” screamed Tir’K’al, “Traitors to the Greater Good!!” He boosted his Jetpack, ignoring the complaining groans of his torn armor. He fire off his missile packs, Fire his Ion Blaster, even pulled out the small plasma pistol he kept for emergencies and fired with abandon. He screamed and fired, a being of pure rage meaning only to smite the traitor forces. But then he was hit hard from behind, the breath knocked out of him. He landed face down once again in the rubble, his helmet rolling off, dust filling his nose and mouth. He coughed and tried to roll over, to burn a hole through his attacker’s chest, but a strong foot slammed him in the back, pinning him. The weight was lifted soon though, and he heard the telltale hissing of Tau jetpacks. His Crisis unit fired plasma and fire, missiles and Ion bursts into the Wraithgaurd, driving the unliving creatures into the ground. There were only 3 of the Tau suits left, the original squad of 5 having withstood a charge from the Howling Banshees and fled. They checked the small ruin for Eldar, and then helped the Commander to his feet. Without a nod of recognition, Tir’K’al immediately turned back to the battle.

A host of Vulture Kindred had swooped out of the highest windows of a ruined capital building, and were now harassing any fleeing Tau units. Tir’K’al’s fury only rose as he watched the massive Hammerhead gunship scream by, closely followed by the avian creatures. A Melta blast hurtled towards the skimmer, and the left engine turbine was torn off, the speeding vehicle cart wheeling into a massive explosion as the Railguns munitions ignited. Unable to stand any more of the spectacle, the infuriated Commander once again launched out into the open, heading towards the nearest Kroot. Ignoring the startled and protesting cries of the Crisis Team, he landed amidst the Mercenaries, scattering them under his powerful boosters and blazing weaponry. Hardly satisfied, Tir’K’al immediately scanned the battle field for more adversaries. He had lost all common sense now, only needing to make the traitors die, to bleed, to scream. He turned and boosted high into the sky, gaining a magnificent view of the battle below him. He watched a cloaked figure moving calmly through the chaos, leaping over Eldar and Tau alike, heading for the remaining Fire Warrior cadre. Too distracted were the Fire caste Tau to notice the calm approach, and only when a massive glowing glaive was pulled forth and thrust through the Shas’O’s skull did they turn. Suspended in the air, obviously out of range, Tir’K’al watched the Shaper pull the glaive from the split head, go into a decapitating spin, and impale a third unfortunate Tau in one motion. The figure then pulled what was obviously an Astartes Bolt Pistol from his belt, and fired into the squad. Cleaving and stabbing, firing and slashing, the Master Shaper flowed through the confused and terrified Tau.

The commander fired his thrusters, angling them to speed him towards the ground. He was diving now, far too fast to hope to slow down enough to avoid critical injury. He aimed towards the cloaked Kroot, and sped on. Moments before impact, the shaper heard the hissing and turned, a look of surprise crossing it’s beaky features. And then it unfolded a pair of large, leathery wings and jumped. So close was the Tau commander to hitting his mark that his combat knife snagged on the weathered cloak of his adversary as he sped past. He hit the ground with a sickening crunch, and almost passed out from the pain. Not far away, the startled Mercenary landed clumsily, then regained it’s composure and strode forward.

“Traitor… Why? You… Why…?” Was all that Tir’K’al could force out of his crushed lungs when the Shaper was near enough. The Kroot leaned back and gave a rasping, whistling laugh. Bending over very close to the crumpled Tau, he replied simply, “To the highest bidder Commander, to the highest bidder.”

Last edited by Aether-Moose; March 25th, 2007 at 01:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

You need grammar, spacing, a spellcheck, and a more Tau-like point of view. For one, "filthy traitorous scum" is a very Imperial thing to say. Make it sound more Tau. "Why would they betray the Greater Good?" and all that rot.

Plus, "treacherous" would work better.

Liked the closing line. Nice catchphrase.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Thanks Poodle, although I don't really see why I would need a spell check, as it came out clean after running it through MS word spell checkers. I added some spacing in between paragraphs for ease-of-eye, and modified the traitorous scum bit. Thanks again for your fast reply and good input!
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

First line: "Cylclic Ion Blaster". Really jumps out at you. Probably a typo.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

A very nice story indeed. I like the spin on it! Some spacings are needed here and there, and I think I saw a spell-error or two, not sure though.

But it was a cool story to say at least. Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Poodle - That's a Tau weapon in the Codex, if I'm not mistaken. Spelling might not be exactly right, but I think I got close

Camel - Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

It's Cyclonic Ion Blaster to be precise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Ahhhhh, much is revealed. Thanks. Editing now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

aaaah Aether-Moose returns to bedazzle us with his (or hers) almighty presence!

another fantastic story i really enjoyed that, expecially the the end of it, i take it that the Commander is in one of those new XV22 experimental battlesuits whence the helmet rolling off, and the Cyclonic Ion Blaster featured in it, i don't think the thing spins but, hey i'm not complaining!

a 9/10 for me and a thumbs up (Y)

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x3)

Thanks Kai! Really appreciate your continuing prescence in my fluff threads!

And yes, I'm a guy :ninja:

+ Reply to Thread