Death By Tyranid - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Death By Tyranid

Ok, I am thinking of littering my battlefield with humans/marines made dead by nasty nid weapons and am wondering what sort of casualties to model.
    Would, for example, Scything Talons or Rending Claws litterally rip a mans head clean off, or simply impale him?
    Would a venom cannon leave a big hole in someone, or burn his flesh clean off?
    Ditto other nid weapons, like spitters, borers, devourers etc?

Would those weapons do equi-damage to marines over standard imperial troops?
    Maybe where a rending claw might swipe a mans head off, it would simply rake down a marines power armoured bonce.
    Or where a devourer might burn a mans flesh completely disolving it, would it eat through power armour and onto the marines skin in the same way?

Am thinking of using mainly the undead boxed sets to make these, using the skeletons and zombie frames to represent the dead and decaying imperial forces foolish enough to stand against the nids.

Any thoughts or references?

Cheers

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Would, for example, Scything Talons or Rending Claws litterally rip a mans head clean off, or simply impale him?
    Talons impale, Claws rip everything off.

Would a venom cannon leave a big hole in someone, or burn his flesh clean off?
    Ditto other nid weapons, like spitters, borers, devourers etc?
    If you have the 'Nid Dex I'd read about each of the weapons, the fluff on them and go from there.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

My advice? Go crazy. No-one's going to argue that venom cannon ammunition is like, blue instead of green or something.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

My advice it to take a very hot blade and take hunks of body out of each torso. If you watch Starship Troopers you can see how I envision a scything talon attack. Now for the effects of a rending claw you should envision a hot knife going through butter. Add multiple knives to an aliens hand and turn the butter into power armour.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Watch Starship Troopers.

'nuff said

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Basically, if you can imagine a horribly gory way to die, the Tyranids can do it to you.

Gaunts will eat your face off until all that's left is a nasty skull-face sticking out of your bloody power-armour.

Scything talons gash, slice, and decapitate. Rending claws leave gaping, bloody gashes in power armor, tank hulls, plascrete bunkers, anything. (you might want to model 3 or 4 parallel gashes on some things to represent the 4 fingers of rending claw "hands")

Monstrous Creatures bludgeon, crush, stomp, and pulverise anything, leaving power armor in ribbons and tanks ripped up like aluminum candy wrappers.

As for the spore mines and bio-weapons, they usually follow one of two routes: 1) hose the enemy down with billions of squirming, hungry, maggot-like mini-organisms, which then bore holes through their face, or 2) hose the enemy down with acid that eats through power armor like spraypaint through styrofoam (I'm sure everyone's made this mistake at least once) :shifty:

Oh, and I think it's toxin spore mines that release some kind of poisonous nerve gas... not a fun way to go either.

And at the end of the day, the rippers swarm through and eat every blade of grass, every piece of bone, and anything else with any organic or nutritious value, on the entire planet.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I always thought the barbed strangler was a particularly interesting way to die. A seed is shot into your body then uses your as fertilizer to expand (explode) out of you to strangle your cohorts.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

+ Reply to Thread