SM Chapter Creation Help.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

SM Chapter Creation Help....

I'm working on my Iron Spiders fluff (an IH Successor) and was wondering a few things...

Is there anywhere I could find a brief rundown of each of the sectors in the galaxy?

What technologies do the AM still have (as far as marine vehicles are concerned, especially when it comes to the MK IV Dread)?

What are the dates of the foundings?

What founding would be good for a dreadnought heavy chapter (I'm talking like 10 a company here)?

Also would it be a good or bad idea to mess around with things within the chapter other than the main point (specifically main points being technologically innovative and close ties to AM, with minor points in psykers and snipers)?

Are there any known instabilities with the IH geenseed?

Can a chapter differ drastically from their father chapter but still be loyal to the Imperium (aka an IH successor that is not so psychotic but higher ranks tend to be more and more biotic)?

Anyone know relative psyker levels for all those employed by the Imperium (like your average Librarian is _____ and <person> is ____)?

(non-fluff) What's GW's stance on conversion (how much of the model must be GW material?) and use of FW models (both of which in tournies)

Any help would be appreciated (for some reason it's rather difficult to type all this on my cellphone even with the spiffy keyboad... *sigh*).

Last edited by archonofdeath; April 10th, 2007 at 19:26.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Well I can only help you with the map, since I don't know half the other stuff you asked.

Linky: Clicky!

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by archonofdeath View Post
    Is there anywhere I could find a brief rundown of each of the sectors in the galaxy?
    Each of the sectors, no. Of the Segmentums, I suggest looking at a galaxy map. But briefly, the Segmentum fortresses:

Solar: Mars
    Obscurus: Cypra Mundi
    Tempestus: Bakka
    Pacificus: Hydraphur
    Ultima Segmentum: Kar Duniash

It's generally assumed that Ultima Segmentum is the most unruly segmentum, being further from Earth than the rest of them, and so further from the Astronomican.

What founding would be good for a dreadnought heavy chapter (I'm talking like 10 a company here)?
    Ten a company is excessive. One or two a company is probably closer the mark for a dreadnought-heavy chapter.

Also would it be a good or bad idea to mess around with things within the chapter other than the main point (specifically main points being technologically innovative and close ties to AM, with minor points in psychers and snipers)?
    So long as it doesn't damage the archetypal characteristic of the chapter, I don't see why not. And "techonologically innovative" doesn't happen, even in the AdMech.

Are there any known instabilities with the IH geenseed?
    There is a fear of the organic that increases with age that's prevalent in the chapter, but it's unknown whether or not this is down to geneseed or other factors.

Can a chapter differ drastically from their father chapter but still be loyal to the Imperium (aka an IH successor that is not so psychotic but higher ranks tend to be more and more biotic)?
    Yes. The chapter's gene parent need not train them, and so different cultures can emerge from the same geneseed.

Anyone know relative psyker levels for all those employed by the Imperium (like your average Librarian is _____ and <person> is ____)?
    How do you mean?

(non-fluff) What's GW's stance on conversion (how much of the model must be GW material?) and use of FW models (both of which in tournies)
    I've a feeling that use of non-GW models is illegal, as is use of the LoTR range (that's the reason it's an awkward scale). Forgeworld, I don't think there's a problem with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    Ten a company is excessive. One or two a company is probably closer the mark for a dreadnought-heavy chapter.
    However if they're using 6 in a battle wouldn't that be 3/10ths of the chapter's dreadnoughts?

So long as it doesn't damage the archetypal characteristic of the chapter, I don't see why not. And "techonologically innovative" doesn't happen, even in the AdMech.
    The Mentors are innovative.

How do you mean?
    The strongest psyker in the Adeptus Astartes is Tigurius, so what level is he (Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon)? Same goes for the rest of the highest level Librarians. And what is the average for Chief Librarians and regular Librarians overall?

I've a feeling that use of non-GW models is illegal, as is use of the LoTR range (that's the reason it's an awkward scale). Forgeworld, I don't think there's a problem with.
    I mean more like using sheets of plastic to convert your own faceplate (MK IV) or using plasticard and epoxy putty to make your own set of spider legs. Effectively taking one dreadnought model and making multiple dreadnoughts with it's components (not through the use of molding your own but through major conversion work).

I'm actually probably just going to get a couple squads and then order MK IV ones from FW as they're only like 45$, then just converting my own weapons. Though this really doesn't leave it open to much conversion work. As for my Chapter Master/Chief Librarian/Chief Chaplain/Master Apothocary I'll just get models for each of them, saw them down and make my own dread armour for them.
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes
    One or two a company is probably closer the mark for a dreadnought-heavy chapter.
    That might even be escessive to; the iron hands themselves only have ten in their entire chapter after all.

The strongest psyker in the Adeptus Astartes is Tigurius, so what level is he (Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon)? Same goes for the rest of the highest level Librarians. And what is the average for Chief Librarians and regular Librarians overall?
    Tigurius is probably hgih delta or even low beta, but then he would be under constant inquisitorial watch.

Inquisitor Eisenhorn is only a mild delta level psyker with all his training in the Eisenhorn trilogy and his former pupil, Ravenor, is a low gamma level psyker. Those two are both examples of really powerful pyskers just like Tigurius; your average librarian is probably between the gamma and delta levels.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    That might even be escessive to; the iron hands themselves only have ten in their entire chapter after all.
    The Iron Hands have less than almost any founding chapter since almost every single one of their Dreadnoughts, Terminators, and Vetrans were killed during the Heresy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Thats true, but the remaining forgeworlds would have easily been able to rebuild the iron hands arms in ten millenia; especially given the fact that they do have closer ties with the AdMech (last I heard) than most chapters.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Well I may not know much - but aren't the Adeptus Mechanicus more interested in reproducing the STCs rather than inventing new technology? - As far as I've seen the most they do is tweaking and minor additions.

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

That's what I mean. They're not going to be running around on jetbikes or anything. However they would do something like throw treads on a dreadnought or make a stronger/safer weapon. That's what I mean by technologically innovative (like the Mentors).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Taking the GW dreadnought bits and casting them into multiple moulds you make yourself is technically law-illegal, and so would not be tourney legal.

And who are these Mentors you mention? I've not heard of them. My point about innovation is that the AdMech see technology and the preservation of it as a religious duty, anything other than "worship" (maintenance) is "going beyond where man was meant to go" or somesuch, and would be heresy. Why tamper with things when you think you already have a lot of the perfect form, and that which you don't have is only available via "revelation" (discovering the STCs)?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast