Vostroyan fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vostroyan fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vostroyan fluff

Ok, so I am vostroyans, and I want them to be unique (not that I expect to be facing them any time soon ). Half the people I talk to say they are 18th century russian cossacks, the other half find them reminescant of the prussians. Some more even can conjour up images of brits!

Well, calling on my love of the two world wars (from a historical/tactical/political standpoint of course), and drawing on my roots, I have decided to make my Vostroyans based on the german army, from both world wars in fact! Anywho, they will be elite, well trained and equiped troops, with a wide array of tactics/equipment for blitzkrieg, but they will also be used to attritional battles, and use large ammounts of artillery and the likes. All in all, they like sauerkraut :w00t: .

I can already see the Firstborn 5th army panzer core around the corner, supported by the artillery train close behind.

So what do you guys think? Am I on to something? Any ideas, suggestions, or comments?
    I could post a story I wrote a while back about them in a cityfight (about 4 chapters, and unfinished) if you like.

-The God of all Machines

W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Omnissiah View Post

I could post a story I wrote a while back about them in a cityfight (about 4 chapters, and unfinished) if you like.

-The God of all Machines
    Just found this. I had been allying Vostroyans with my Battle Sisters and had actually come up with some fluff to explain the existence of a Vostroyan Order of Sisters. Now I am on the verge of building a 2000 pt. Vostroyan army and would like to read your story.
    Any chance of that?
    Stop the presses. . .I just found your (untitled) story and am still enjoying it, so cancel the above!
    Last edited by Sartorious; April 22nd, 2008 at 12:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I think they're just meant to have a Napoleonic feel.. Though they do make me think Russian in a small corner of my mind.

Death Korps and Steel Legion respectively seem more obviously modeled on the world war 1/2 german army.

Fluffwise, does it really make sense to have an army set up for Blitzkreig and attrition? What good is the former if all your elite mechanized infantry died during the last trench-rush? I'd advise picking one or the other and sticking with it.. Want attrition, do a siege army like the korps. Want blitzkreig, do a mechanized army like the steel legion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I as well play Vostroyans, and I have to say that for me they most resemble Imperial Russian Cossacks. So thats the way Im going with them.

So, personally I dont see them as a "Panzer" core. Kind of changes the feel of the whole army. It does say in the Vostroyan Firstborn - Lexicanum
    that they are based off Cossacks. So those are my 2cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ForSix View Post
    I as well play Vostroyans, and I have to say that for me they most resemble Imperial Russian Cossacks. So thats the way Im going with them.

Precisely! I recently started a thread on the Modelling forum called 'Harazahn's Baneblade', disc ussing my intention to convert a Baneblade to give it that 19th Century Russian war look. So far it has gotton little attention.

+ Reply to Thread