Our Gods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the strongest?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Khorne

7 11.67%
  • Nurgle

0 0%
  • Slaanesh

0 0%
  • Tzeentch

10 16.67%
  • Kaela Mensha Khaine

1 1.67%
  • Ynnead (in progress)

1 1.67%
  • Cegorach (laughing god!!!)

5 8.33%
  • Hive mind

8 13.33%
  • Nightbringer

1 1.67%
  • Deciever

0 0%
  • Void dragon

5 8.33%
  • Holy emporer

20 33.33%
  • Greater good

2 3.33%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Gods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Our Gods

So not sure if its been done. if not...i got it.

Which do you all feel is the most powerful 40k Diety, who holds the most godly control in this galaxy. I put the greater good for its insparational value to a collection of races.

Im going to go with the hive mind as its a galaxy devouring force that holds a massive impact on both the warp and the materium.

Sorry about spelling my typing program is down right now and, Let the fluffy religious battle begin!!!

Khorne
    Nurgle
    Slaanesh
    Tzeentch
    Kaela Mesha Khaine
    Ynnead (in progress)
    Cegorach
    Hive Mind
    Nightbringer
    Deciever
    Void dragon (awakened)
    Holy Emporer
    Greater Good

2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with the Hive Mind as well seeing as it can control billions of minions.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

why is Gork and Mork absent from such a list? they can woop any of those Gods, cause 'dey is mean n green.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

An awake Void Dragon is probably quite powerfull, at least stronger then the Nightbriner, Deciever and Kaela Mesha Khaine.

Where is the Outsider (or is he realy the Hive Mind:ninja: )

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The Hive Mind, the Greater Good, and all of the C'Tan aren't "gods". "God" in the 40k universe means "supremely powerful warp entity possessing sentience and/or intelligence."

The Greater Good? What? That's a social philosophy.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

The only choices up there that are actually gods are the 4 Chaos deities and Kaela Mensha Khaine. In this case, I think the chaos gods are more powerful, but none of the 4 is ore powerful then the other 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

I have a few problems with this. Where are the old ones? They easily win since they created everything else. Also, the greater good isn't a god in any way, shape or form. You're missing gork and mork also... You include ynnead when we have no idea how powerful he is since he doesn't even exist yet... is khaine in his true form or as the avatars? If he's as the avatars then he has no chance.

The nightbringer is right out since Khaine owned him when he was at full strength and now the nightbinger has barely a fraction of that power. Cegorach is weak in power but tricksy and smart enough to avoid getting killed by slaanesh which could probably put him above khaine.... khaine was busy from having fought the nightbringer though, I think he maybe could have beaten slaanesh at full strength... though perhaps not, the eldar psyche had far more in the way of pleasure and excess than they did for war and bloodshed so khaine is out. Out of the chaos gods I think khorne is the most powerful but tzeentch is my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just put Tzeentch as he is smarter and more tricksie then the other gods. But for raw power/fighting ability or whatever I'd say Khorne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

It's funny because so many people voted for the emperor when he is nothing compared to the gods. If he fought khaine he'd die in 1 blow. Anyway, as a harlequin and dark eldar (plus a bit of eldar) player, my allegiance is owed to the laughing god, so there it goes. If you think about it he's outsmarted pretty much everyone else, he'd outsmart the deceiver or tzeentch if he had to. Plus he's the only remaining eldar god which grants him bonus points for outsmarting slaanesh and all the other eldar gods. Again, ynnead doesn't exist and the void dragon isn't awake so all we have is speculation, but ynnead would be pretty damn powerful, once he's born the eldar race would dominate and therefore it will probably never happen. Slaanesh would no longer have a grip on the eldar so the dark eldar would stop being all crazy and soul eating because they wouldn't have to and therefore you might see a unified eldar race, which wouldn't be good for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

I don't think it's a matter of "dying" because...you know...they're Warp entities. Their strength is directly proportional to the amount of belief people have in them, and the strength/fervour of that belief. So if the Emperor was a warp entity, he'd be pretty damn powerful. The only reason Chaos is stronger is because Chaos embodies something primal that all things feel, whereas the Emperor is...harder to have faith in. It's easy to have faith in anger, or mortality. Those are givens. It's harder to believe in a near-dead guy on a golden throne a billion miles away.

The Old Ones weren't gods either...they were a super-advanced ancient alien race with immense genetic knowledge that had become symbiotic with the Warp. Unless they transcended the physical plane, they can't be called "gods" in the ethereal sense. The C'tan are purely physical - they're godlike in power, but they are still limited by the laws of physics and other stuff that Chaos laughs at. And if they die, they're dead. Whereas there's hints that the Eldar gods can either resurrect or continue existing in a very weakened state after being "killed."
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast