Ork! Ork! Ork! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ork! Ork! Ork!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ork! Ork! Ork!

WAAAAAGH!!!

So what's up with the orks? Why no fluff about them?

Here's a conversation starter for ork lovers:

Who is better? Gork or Mork? I'd have to say that Gork is great and everything, but Mork is the BOMB! I mean, come on, where would orks be without Mork???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what's up with the orks? Why no fluff about them?

Well unlike most other races the orks are so striaght forward in thier life style that their would be no variety in many of the stories. They would be sturctured the same way. Ork A leads group of orks. Ork B leads group of orks. Ork A and Ork B see each other, and lacking any other enemies at the moment, fight. Ork A kills Ork B (because a comes before b) and takes control of Ork B's group o orks. Moves on the the next boss ork or pitiful hummie.

Or it could be that no one at GW wants to write in the ork dialect.
    <(^^)> <(^^<) (>^^)> ^(^^)^ Dance Kirby! Dance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

I'd like to 'ahem' to that. Due to the fact that (Xerxes can enlighten you more than me) there was an Ork from the Blood Axe clan who spoke perfect High Gothic and who wanted to create an Orky Empire with all things Orky. That's definetly fluffy, how they dress in fatigues and put on black warpaint and such and such.

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

He was a Bad Moon, actually. It was Nazdreg, mentioned in a report from a recaptured penal world.

But Sanctus does have a point, the nature of orks makes for very simplistic stories, even if told from another point of view. I love the descriptions of ork kultur, though, and their position as the galactic immune system. It's just that expressing that over and over as the sole concept that makes up orks doesn't make for much fluff. Gorkamorka was more an exposition of the ork mindset than anything else, and that's about the most detailed fluff about an ork's perspective that you'll get.

Oh, and Genator-Major Lukas Anzion has probably been executed for heresy by now, so more on ork genetics will be a fair while in coming. That guy absolutely rocked.

As for the point on language, the ork "dialect" shouldn't really be written at all, the glyphs form a basic language, although it's a lot more basic, composite and context-dependent than English. And, in all likelihood, everyone who came into 40K from 3rd edition onwards will never have heard of it. It's likely that non-ork players from before then wouldn't have much of a clue either (I'm hardly fluent and I've made a point of learning it on occasions).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

i for one loved the orkstory in the codex, especially the part in which the ork throws his empty slugga at a dreadnought, that's the life!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread