Contact between the Maelstrom and the Eye of Terror? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Contact between the Maelstrom and the Eye of Terror?

Ok Fluff isn't my strongpoint.

I'm after some fairly sound fluff to back up my army for the UK GT events next year. I have been modelling a Word bearers army with a animalistic/arctic theme.

I want to present them as being Isolated on a Daemonic feral world. Raiding for equipment and slaves from Imperial forces.

So anyway are the Wordbearers present in the maelstrom?

What about the rest of em? The Black Legion and the cult specific CSM chapters.

Thanks 4 your time. cya.

Needless to say I probably can't tell you what it says happens if you hit someone in the groin with a powerfist here on LO.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the Maelstrom has always been depicted as a no-go zone for Imps, as might be expected.

Usually the forces within have been mentioned as rogue Imps, plus a few chaos legions (like the Red Corsairs and the Son's of Malice Marine Legions). There's no reason why the WB's couldn't be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

even better, a large part of the WB's fled here after the heresy, that's official fluff...

there are also quite a lot of alpha legion.

I can imagine that there might be representatives or small warbands of the other legions there as well :yes:
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu View Post
    even better, a large part of the WB's fled here after the heresy, that's official fluff...

there are also quite a lot of alpha legion.

I can imagine that there might be representatives or small warbands of the other legions there as well :yes:
    Cool whereabouts did you get the wordbearers fluff? They don't give much away in the chaos codex.
    Needless to say I probably can't tell you what it says happens if you hit someone in the groin with a powerfist here on LO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Index astartes! + wikipedia has a little bit:

wikipedia 4 teh win!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

You have to be careful about wikipedia, anyone can put stuff on there and quite often people will put wrong things on there for kicks, and other times stupid fans of things who have no idea about them will put in what they think is true, which quite often isn't.

And also, I wonder if GW is going to come out with a 4th Ed version of Index Astartes, because as it is now I won't get them because quite a bit of the fluff has been altered slightly (not to mention it would be a hundred dollar investment and that I can't find anywhere to buy them). But they remain amazing repositories of C/SM knowledge...
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

After the Horus Heresy a massive contingent of Word Bearers did indeed flee to the Maelstrom. They were the ones that attacked the Ultramarines on Calth under the command of Kor Phaeron, Master of the Faith. Their base of operations is the corrupted forge world of Ghalmek and they are widely considered to be the most organized and cohesive military force inside the Maelstrom (which is no small feat, considering the numerous Ork empires, Hrud warrens, and pirate bands of various sizes and makeups, including numerous traitor Marine chapters).

I believe Huron Blackheart and the Red Corsairs make their base inside the Maelstrom as well as the Violators, a chapter dedicated to Slaanesh.

+ Reply to Thread