The Emperor: Should He be allowed to die? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Emperor: Should He be allowed to die?

If the Emperor were allowed to die, He would certainly be reborn. But since they keep Him alive, they delay His rebirth and prolong the suffering of humanity.

This might sound like heresy, but if there was a way to provide a beacon of light in the Warp without the Emperor, I think they should disconnect Him from the machine.

(Are those pitchforks and torches heading my way?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as i believe that if the emperor was unplugged and then died that he would be reborn. But i was thinking, in the time it took for the emperor to be reborn then re-raised/grew up wouldnt the imperium crumble under the attacks from enemies, the imperium would be without guidance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

The problem with him dying is that without him the Imperium has no religious figure and would crumble internally as the people lost hope.

On top of that it would take him hundreds of years to come back to power. First he would have to grow up, then he would face ridicule when he claims he's the Emperor, and even after getting people to believe him he's have to re-conquer the Imperium in his new body.

By then the Imperium would have already lost navigation, and would have been sent into disarray. All the cultists, heretics, and recividists would have caused mass chaos. Numerous planets would fall to corruption, and many planets would be lead by false Emperor re-incarnates...

Yeah, everything would be messed up. If you do the same thing for 10,000 years you become dependant of that lifestyle, if you're stripped of it you have no idea what to do without it.

Another Chaos God could be born from mankind's corruption in that time.

The other alternative is that the Star Child is born and rips through the warp on a holy crusade with it's army and is either defeated for being born too soon, or kicks arse.

So, yeah...
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Oh, yeah. You're gonna get forked, then flamed.

I'm not sure of the precise details of forking. I think it's like flaming, but with more general stabbiness, on a three-pronged level - or four-pronged if you're unlucky.

Conclusion: This is one of those opinion polls you can get the general idea of by searching the forum. Whether or not the Emperor should be "allowed" to die (assuming he wants to) is a big, uncertain point, and regrettably, some idiot is eventually going to come in and say "isn't that like euthanasia?" (see? I did it for him.) and then we get the whole politics thing, and that's unpleasant.

So, no. We don't talk about it.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a Xeno point of view, he IS dead XD
    ze_poodle: Real simple law of biology: if you blow a big hole in someone, they will cease to function.
    Karmoon: I like this law. They should teach this at school.

I totally agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Pft, let him die? Let him live!

Wasn't it the inquisitor rulebook that had rumours of the high lords poisoning Him to keep Him in that state?
    But if the Emperor came back, the beacon would go bye bye, his mortal shell may not be able to contain his current form. Who knows what 10,000 years of being a torch in the warp anchored to a vegtable would do to him? He might have lost his mind ages ago.
    Also, there is a good chance that Him waking up will start another civil war. Which the arrays forces of evil, boo hiss, the Xenos, the Traitor and the Heratic, and all their friends would take that time to kick some human arse.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let him die. The Tau would have a field day!
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i think him returning would be hard but i think they should lie and say that he is still on the throne (after they design new technology to make a new beacon) and disconnect him and then when he returns to the highlords then they should announce his return.
    Chaos is a decison not a life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol i don't think you have to worry about it cypher is on his way to shut it off with the lion sword anyway

but while we are on the subject i think it's mainly cuz then humainity would be on it's own for 10000 years they have all put their faith in the emperer in that he would protect them if he was gone then they would have to stand on their own 2 feet somthing i feel humanitity has lost the ability to do

also think pf the psyker problem yu feed that corpse 100 a day think how many bullets you'd waste if you had to shoot them all

and lastly i think losing the emperer would'nt be nearly as bad as you say so they would have no warp travel big deal tau, eldar, necrons orcs etc they all get on without it and as for chaos well who cares one religious zealot compared to another leaves little variety to me a mon-keigh is still a mon-keigh no matter what false god they worship (all glory to isha)
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he lives he will kill the High lords if he dies Hummanity will die or will become incredbly strong. one thing is for sure Spacemarines have no ties to the Imperium if The Emperor dies.

I dont know.... im a Known heretic.... Follow me! i am the Emperor Reborn! i will guide you to Glory!! *laughs* i dont know.... i just hope GW makes up their Mind soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast