Your paint scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your paint scheme

Hi all, earlier today i was having a discussion about my urban paint scheme for IG and that led me to ask what was the reason for you kind folk to pick the scheme you picked and if you have any regrets, stories, ect about the scheme you picked. Your info would be greatly appreciated and personally the reason i picked an urban style scheme for my units was that i am a big fan of the white/blue colour combination and chances are regardless of what army i had chosen i probably would still pick a white/blue based color for my troops. Thank you

P.S i'm kinda new so i was wondering if someone could tell me what "fluff" means? i'm a little confused as to where i should have posted this (im hoping this is the right section, lol) Ty

Kerinst :
    "*sits back in his rocking chair, getting his pipe and whittling knife* ya know, in my day the Orks weren't laughed at, Mutated Fish were not an army, and the Eldar hadn't divided yet... *nods off*"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

First off.. "fluff" is more of the army background and story. I think this post could fit here.

I went for a casual Dark angels scheme, Mainly due to rules. But then again, I do like the dark green look on marines. I got bored with my Ultramarines a lot faster. If i see blue marines... I don't know, it doesn't look quite as good as the DA green.

As for a personal scheme... I decided to ditch that for now. Personalizing an army isn't the best idea when you are collecting an entire company. To some it is.. but to me.. not really. I currently have no regrets on the DA paintscheme... I did however have them with my Ultra's but that was like last year when I first started, so I wasn't even aware of that much other chapters/rules.

I think IG in that aspect are more flexible that way. Sure, the Cadians have a distinct look, but urban camo would make sense pretty much :yes: Although, as I mentioned somewhere earlier, where I was asking about the capes on Scout snipers... "does camo even have a use?" due to mostly fluffreasons I think it doesn't. I mean, Nids will probably track you pretty fast. Marines have Auspexes. IG will probably have something... and the other races.. pretty much either. Except for Orks maybe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm doing my own marine chapter, I decided to do a really simple, white gold and yellow ink colour scheme cause it was easy to paint and fits nicely with fluff I'm using. I don't have any regrets cause its so simple even I can paint it well and it looks fantastic when you have 2000pts stretched across the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    First off.. "fluff" is more of the army background and story. I think this post could fit here.
    Ooooooooh, that's what it means! i just thought everyone here had a hygiene problem concerning their bellybutton!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu View Post
    Ooooooooh, that's what it means! i just thought everyone here had a hygiene problem concerning their bellybutton!

For my marines the base color is blue with shoulder pads, helmet and other details DA green. Alot of people insist on saying that those two colors look horrible together, however if they saw my army i feel they would think differently. I personally love the look of it!

And for my tau, the color scheme is Shadow Grey, Regal Blue, and Chaos Black. On vehicles i paint them using those 3 colors in a camouflage technique. It looks AWSOME! :w00t:
    "In the Soviet army it takes more courage to retreat than advance." -Joseph Stalin
    Imperial Guard = Soviet Army? Me thinks so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

For my Emperor's Children, I used the standard scheme, as I don't think you can really beat it. Black and pink? Hell yeah!

For my new Tau army, I went with the scheme from the cover of the cities of death book (white and crimson. Fluffwise, no single scheme makes total sense for Tau as they're supposed to adjust them for camoflage purposes (only the sept marking stays the same,) so I just assume it's some kind of dress uniform for one of the septs.

The fluffiest scheme I've done was my short lived Eldar project (before I realized I didn't actually like most of the models) which was white and pale blue, with orange trim and detailing. The idea was that my craftworld lived in a nebula, and considered orange a kind of sacred or identifying colour for the craftworld. My warlocks and farseer were going to have orange robes for this reason. Too bad I never got round to it really, maybe I'll come back one day..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

cos it looks cool:

Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoaaah! That's AMAZING!

Mine is Liche Purple armour/ Codex Grey cloth/Blood Red sept marking for my Tau. They're evil nightfighters that use terror tactics to boo the populace away. Needless to say, the Ethereals don't like them ;D
    ze_poodle: Real simple law of biology: if you blow a big hole in someone, they will cease to function.
    Karmoon: I like this law. They should teach this at school.

I totally agree.

Lel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted my IG to come from a fire/ash world, not too sure on the fluff yet but possibly a penal legion. so I gave them deep red flak armor, and a clay orange for the fatigues, then I did a really heavy drybrush of black on both, they came out looking really dirty like they've been fighting in ash trenches for months, im a bit of a newbiein terms of painting so they don't look great, but I like em. I'll post pics when I get my camera and I have time/.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    cos it looks cool:
    wow, how'd ya do that? That looks very cool!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast