Space Wolves Special character:Hrothgar Frostmourne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Wolves Special character:Hrothgar Frostmourne

Recently i've decided to start writing fluff for my Space Wolves Army. All i have so far is the name and story of my Wolf Lord, he also has some custom special rules that my friends allow me to play with every now and then:

Wolf Lord Hrothgar Frostmourne, 180pts

WS:6 BS:5 S:4(5)T:4 W:3 I:5 A:5 ld: 10 3+/4+

Wargear: Frostmourne, Bolt pistol(or Bolter), Belt of Russ(4+ Invulnerable), Wolf tooth necklace(Always hits on 3+), Wolf Tail talisman, Wolf pelt(+1A when he counterattacks).

Frostmourne: This is an ancient Frost sword, the teeth that make up its Chain-blade were pulled from the largest Kraken in the Fenrisian oceans by Russ himself. It is a frost blade (+1S, power weapon) with the Rending special rule.

Special rules: Rites of Battle, Counter attack, True Grit, Berserk Charge.

Berserk Charge: When Hrothgar charges into battle, the spirit of the Wulfen enshrouds him, turning him into a Berserking killing machine. He gains 2+A when he charges instead of the normal 1+.

His story hasn't yet been turned into coherent thoughts, they are currently just ideas floating around in my head. After my exams i'll get working on it.

So what do you think? The points cost doesn't seem too unreasonable. I started by building a standard equipped Wolf Lord, which came to about 120, For his unique wargear and special rules(Frostmourne, rites of battle, Berserk charge) i added another 50 pts. The final 10 were added for his increased stats (WS:6, A:5). Leaving him at 180.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Where did you get the name from? Seems like I remember that name from Beowulf when we read it in my english class...
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not really sure where i got it but its a scandinavian name so it fits for Space wolf. Aye, you are right. Hrothgar was the King of Denmark in Beowulf.

+ Reply to Thread