Chaos fluff! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chaos fluff!

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos fluff!

Hey all...

Im thinking of starting my own Undivided Legion called "Oblivion". How would i go about the fluff behind this legion? Would something along these lines be acceptable?

"Chaos Lord Oblivion fought as a captain amongst others in Black Legion. Ezekyle Abaddon saw how reliable Lord Oblivion was and granted him his very own Company/Legion/Group of Marines."

Obviously the detail is very light at the moment, but could that be a suitable summary behind the existence of my "legion"? I dont normally like using official Warhammer characters behind my fluff, so what could be an alternative to Abaddon?

Also, what is the fluff behind a squad of Khorne Berzerkers or Death Guard being in an Undivided army? Dont these squads just stick to their Legion? World Eaters and Death Guard? Same goes to TS and EC.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not really fesiable, he would just have been promoted within the legion. Why not just have a corrupted Space Marine legion and come up with intresting fluff for how they became corrupted.

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean a Commander and a Legion from pre heresy? I thought there were only a few legions pre heresy? All of them are named and official?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

i think he may mean a traitor chapter, that would perhaps be easier. You can always say that your guy was promoted up the rankladder like everyone else: one step at a time.

Or say he's somewhere mid-ranking (let's say a captain) and that the doomsayers and prophets around abaddon received word that the chaos gods want a particular relic found or enemy defeated and they want it done by this Oblivion chap.
    So abaddon says "sure" and gives Oblivion consent to take the men under his command and venture forth.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Chaos doesn't really organise like that. Abaddon wouldn't go, "You're a nice little commander, you can have your own special legion." What would happen is, Nice Little Commander would get fed up with the current distribution of power and propose a new one, where he gets to bugger off with a few thousand Black Legionnaires and make his own warband to ruin the stars. That's how Chaos works; disparate and variably sized warbands led by powerful commanders.

If you don't want to use Abaddon, just replace him with this Lord guy's current higher-up whom he was angry at. Invent a name. Also, "Lord Oblivion" doesn't quite work. "Oblivion" can do perfectly fine fitted into the name of the warband, but as a character name it's a little two-dimensional.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread