Eldar! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eldar!

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar!

Hey all!

I have just bought the new Eldar Codex!

I have just read the bit about Exodites, what are they in relation to rules and the "bigger fluff" in 40k?

Also, how many Craftworlds are there?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Exodites are like feral eldar, they live the old life, on a planet rather than on a craftworld.
    I don't know how many craftworld are about, I guess 10 or so? maybe more..
    I'm sure wiki may have more info.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Exodites live on worlds that either escaped the Fall altogether or came to fruition after the Fall. They left some time before the Fall itself, I believe, although don't quote me on that.

They live fairly simple lives, adapting to the Maiden Worlds on which they settled (Maiden Worlds being those that were terraformed by the pre-Fall Eldar but were never settled until the danger became apparent or were just never settled at all). They don't use as much tech as Craftworld Eldar, and don't use spirit stones. Instead they use the "World Spirit", which as said is a collection of ritual stones and the like which draws the souls of dead Eldar to itself somehow. I can't remember exactly, I don't have my 2nd ed codex with me.

They still maintain contact with their Craftworlds, with some having Webway gates on their worlds. Biel-Tan in particular maintains close links with exodites, protecting them as they see them as the future of the Eldar empire. They also tend to live on worlds where dragons flourish as a species, and ride them into battle. The last time Exodite Dragon Riders appeared in the rules was 2nd edition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    Exodites live on worlds that either escaped the Fall altogether or came to fruition after the Fall. They left some time before the Fall itself, I believe, although don't quote me on that.
    Actually, you should quote him on that as its true The exodites left the Eldar core worlds, fleeing from the hedonistic pleasure cults of the pre-fall Eldar society. They forsaw the fall of the Eldar and tried to put as much distance between themselves and the pleasure cults as possible.

Cheers,
    Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brilliant! Cheers guys!

Can anyone name all of the Craftworlds? And tell me what i could do to create my own Craftworld?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

142 (x5)

The Craftworlds in the official fluff so far are:

Alaitoc
    Iyanden
    Biel-Tan
    Saim Hann
    Ulthwé
    Altansar (destroyed in the events of the Eye of Terror campaign, I believe)

Dawn of War adds:

Menaan
    Il-Kaithe

And from multiple web-based sources that don't explicitly say they're player-created and so maybe official somewhere:

Iybraesil
    Yme-Loc
    Lugannath

If you want to create your own, just distort the name of a Celtic festival. It appears that Samhain, Beltaen, Umbolc and Lluggsdannah (sp?) are already taken. As to the style however, you'll have to ask someone else.

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand that an Eldar will follow the path of a Dark Reaper, then next week follow the path of the Banshee. Do they ever stick with one Aspect? I know that they can get lost on the path, thus becoming a permanent Exarch of that Aspect, but wont they ever just stick with one Aspect? What do they do after they have travelled all paths? Do they then choose which one they liked best?

Sorry but the Codex doesnt specifically say! And its annoying because i want to know all about the stuff they dont explain!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

142 (x5)

It's hardly "Banshee one week, reaper the next". Eldar stay on one particular Path (any path, not just that of the Warrior) in a particular way until they feel they have mastered it and/or cannot go any further along it. This can take years, decades or centuries depending on the Eldar in question. They will then move onto another Path. They will not stay in a Path they feel they cannot walk further down and are not locked into.

And, given the current warlike state of the galaxy, it's incredibly unlikely that an Eldar will ever complete all the Paths available to him or her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    The Craftworlds in the official fluff so far are:

Alaitoc
    Iyanden
    Biel-Tan
    Saim Hann
    Ulthwé
    Altansar (destroyed in the events of the Eye of Terror campaign, I believe)

Dawn of War adds:

Menaan
    Il-Kaithe

And from multiple web-based sources that don't explicitly say they're player-created and so maybe official somewhere:

Iybraesil
    Yme-Loc
    Lugannath

If you want to create your own, just distort the name of a Celtic festival. It appears that Samhain, Beltaen and Lluggsdannah (sp?) are already taken. As to the style however, you'll have to ask someone else.
    This is a little bit wrong. Firstly altansar wasn't destroyed in the EoT campaign. Ages ago the craftworld was sucked into the eye of terror but in the EoT campaign, maugan ra rescued the craftworld and now it's alive and kicking but we don't know much about it other than that the inhabitants are "ghostly..."

Secondly, those 3 craftworld at the bottom ARE official in GW fluff, they are in the current eldar codex as example craftworlds and they have their own colour schemes and paragraphs of fluff.

In addition, the craftworld Il-kaithe is also in the Eldar codex now, not just dawn of war. Sorry for picking, it's an obsessive compulsion. ^_^.

About the craftworlds, they never say exactly or even roughly how many there are but I'd guess around 50-100... remembering not all of them are big, main ones like the named ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

142 (x5)

Sorry about the lack of detail on Il-Kaithe and Altansar, I've not got the most up to date information on this stuff.

Oh, and just a thought; wouldn't Zandros also be a Craftworld? There's a one-sentence reference to an obscure warrior aspect (the Slicing Orbs of Zandros) that is confined to one shrine on one craftworld. While it may also be the name of the aspect founder, it may also be the name of the craftworld.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast