Ork Vs. Tyranid Boarding Action? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ork Vs. Tyranid Boarding Action?

I was thinking about space Orks, and the way the are always dropping little spores off of them.

So what were to happen if a tyranid hive fleet or a lone tyranid ship were to come across a space hulk infested w/orks. Now what if the orks launched assault pods or something into the tyranid ships. Now, on a normal ship the spores would have nothing to eat, but what if they grew on the hive ship, and a weird mix of tyranid/ork fighting over the ship occurred. This just seems really cool to me. I wonder if the hive ships would have some form of immune system to deal with that type of thing.

What do you think? Is it possible, and if it is, would it work?

Oh, and please no hostile responses, be civilized and nice.

Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

The most likely thing that would happen would be the opposite. The Hive Ship is a living entity that most likely has immune systems and attack cells, not to mention the millions of guys in it that could easily dispose of any orks before they matured.

What may happen and is currently happening in the fluff is that the tyranids may get ork like characteristics from consuming orks. The current hive fleet was diverted into an Ork controled area of space and now the two most resiliant forces are fighting each other. The orks that reproduce when they die and the nids that can clean up any dead and reuse them. One of the scariest things for the Imperium would be if they were to start making tyranids that were fungi like orks. It would create a continuous threat to a planet and would force the Imperium to basicly annihilate an infected planet, even if the fleet was stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

I think Warrior47 is pretty much spot on, the Orks wouldn't have time to develop, or might just be absorbed straight away. Now an Ork attack on a Genestealer infested Hulk might well lead to a never ending war.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I was saying, is what if there were enough Orks to take over about half of the ship, then the orks would have areas to colonize, or whatev. I agree, though, it would be very scary if Nids got spore reproduction.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Nids do have spore reproduction...that's how they seed planets.

The best way to think of it would be in terms of an infection. The Ork spore is a fungus, not a flesh-and-blood organism; thus, it's highly resistent to DNA assimilation or any kind of sickness. They wouldn't be able to just excise the disease, since Ork spores are far too tough for that, and they wouldn't be able to assimilate it (to any significant degree) because they're incompatible. So it'd be like the Hive Fleet coming down with a severe and incurable case of the Green Flu.

Which is kinda cool, when you think about it.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread